PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Mendenhall working to build patience, knee strength

polamalubeast
08-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Rashard Mendenhall’s most strenuous work might not be rehabbing his knee.

It might be learning patience.

The Steelers aren’t expecting Mendenhall to play Week 1, but they obviously think it won’t be long thereafter, since they activated him from the physically unable to perform list.

“To be real, I don’t know when I’ll be ready to play,” Mendenhall, said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “I’m just working with the training staff and doing what I can to get on the field.”

read more

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/23/rashard-mendenhall-working-to-build-patience-knee-strength/

Psycho Ward 86
08-23-2012, 11:41 AM
easy fella, take all the time you need.

Lou Donny
08-23-2012, 11:43 AM
still curious about taking him off the PUP....I would have been just fine with him recovering until wk 7

Psycho Ward 86
08-23-2012, 11:54 AM
still curious about taking him off the PUP....I would have been just fine with him recovering until wk 7

im thinking the same. Even if he's back before 6 weeks, say, against the eagles, then he's only played 2 more games that he wouldnt have if he were on the PUP list. Albeit those 2 games would be against the eagles and titans, two challenging games, but how effective would be really? History shows that a lot of runningbacks dont even look close to what they were before until its been 2 years. Sometimes they never look like themselves ever again. Luckily Mendenhall is still young, take a look at this: http://www.footballdocs.com/RB_injury_rule.html

And also im curious to see how Hampton is doing? So little news on him, even if there are whispers that Mclendon is outplaying him/playing up to par, it would be nice to have depth, or possibly a rotation. We dont know if Ta'amu is ready for the big time yet.

steelreserve
08-23-2012, 12:09 PM

The one thing I can think of is that if you're on the PUP list, you're also not allowed to practice or do anything with the team except meetings and rehab (that sounds like AA, I know) until a couple weeks before you come off the list. Maybe they feel that if he's going to be able to play in Week 6, they want him to be READY to play in Week 6, not coming in mostly cold. This way he'd get two full months of practice where he can get used to the new offense in person instead of from a playbook, and he can work on other stuff - maybe his new dancing tendencies? - on the field.