PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Depot: Ryan Clark Says No Gatorade Baths When Steelers Beat Ravens

polamalubeast
08-22-2012, 03:21 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/ryan-clark-says-no-gatorade-baths-when-steelers-beat-ravens/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers +Depot+Blog%29

ALLD
08-22-2012, 04:18 PM
That is better than flipping them the bird.

GoSlash27
08-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Exactly. Why would we? They're just the Ravens; another team standing in the way of our goal. Beating us may feel like a superbowl win to them, but to us they're just another victim.

polamalubeast
08-22-2012, 04:49 PM
http://www.smorgasburgh.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/harbaaugh-post1.jpg

ALLD
08-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Harbaugh should use a Terrible Towel to wipe off some defensive cleets and watch what happens.

BigNastyDefense
08-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Harbaugh is a dickbag.

Edman
08-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Clark didn't really say anything wrong here.

The Ravens are always a tough opponent and they will be again this year, but at the end of the day, they are just a rival standing in the way of the big prize. If the Steelers went 2-14 and best the Ravens twice, I wouldn't exactly be proud of it. They're still a 2-14 team. That means they have FAR bigger problems.

Methinks the Ravens and their fans were waiting on a trophy for beating the Steelers last year. They still wound up in the same spot they were before: Falling short yet again.

Oh, and John Harbitch really is a dickbag.

BigNastyDefense
08-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Clark didn't really say anything wrong here.

The Ravens are always a tough opponent and they will be again this year, but at the end of the day, they are just a rival standing in the way of the big prize. If the Steelers went 2-14 and best the Ravens twice, I wouldn't exactly be proud of it. They're still a 2-14 team. That means they have FAR bigger problems.

Methinks the Ravens and their fans were waiting on a trophy for beating the Steelers last year. They still wound up in the same spot they were before: Falling short yet again.

Oh, and John Harbitch really is a dickbag.

Exactly. There can be a Gatorade bath for beating the Ravens after we beat then in an AFC Championship Game...but not a regular season game.

I remember before a Steelers game against the Browns, they had a Browns fan on the pregame montage saying "If we go 2-14 but those two wins are against Pittsburgh, it was a successful season." I was rolling on the floor laughing, because that's the opposite mentality of a Steelers fan where the season is only truly successful if you're hoisting the Lombardi Trophy after the final game in February.

I wonder if the Ravens learned their lesson last season, that it's not about just beating the Steelers, it's about winning the Super Bowl. Yes, the Steelers stand in their way every season, however if you can't beat the other teams beating the Steelers means nothing.

This is why the Steelers don't go into a season saying "if we beat the Ravens, it's a clear road to the Super Bowl." They know that they have to go through other teams also be it the Patriots, Broncos, Texans, Bengals, Saints, Packers, 49ers, Giants, or whatever other team they face in the playoffs and/or Super Bowl.

polamalubeast
08-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Exactly. There can be a Gatorade bath for beating the Ravens after we beat then in an AFC Championship Game...but not a regular season game.

I remember before a Steelers game against the Browns, they had a Browns fan on the pregame montage saying "If we go 2-14 but those two wins are against Pittsburgh, it was a successful season." I was rolling on the floor laughing, because that's the opposite mentality of a Steelers fan where the season is only truly successful if you're hoisting the Lombardi Trophy after the final game in February.

I wonder if the Ravens learned their lesson last season, that it's not about just beating the Steelers, it's about winning the Super Bowl. Yes, the Steelers stand in their way every season, however if you can't beat the other teams beating the Steelers means nothing.

This is why the Steelers don't go into a season saying "if we beat the Ravens, it's a clear road to the Super Bowl." They know that they have to go through other teams also be it the Patriots, Broncos, Texans, Bengals, Saints, Packers, 49ers, Giants, or whatever other team they face in the playoffs and/or Super Bowl.

The best example is the giants and redskins......the redskins have won two games against the Giants in 2011, but they finished with a 5-11

The Giants have won the super bowl

if the steelers lose both games against the Browns, but the steelers win the super bowl, I'll be very happy!

86WARD
08-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Harbaugh is a dickbag.

THat's all you need to say there...

Whyant5
08-22-2012, 08:07 PM
I think it's funny that the Ratbirds did the Gatorade bath. To them, beating us was monumental to them. I would be embarrassed if the Steelers gave Tomlin a Gatorade bath if we beat ANYONE in the regular season. As they say "act like you've been there before".

Godfather
08-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Can you imagine how confused people in Africa must be? The Ratbirds won the AFC but the Patriots* won the Super Bowl?? Then you tell them the Ratbirds doused their coach with Gatorade.

No wonder they just stick with soccer.

Edman
08-22-2012, 09:21 PM

As long as they have that dipshit Harbaugh as coach and egotistical clowns like Joe "I'm the best" Flacco at QB, they'll never get it. The Ravens were arrogant a-holes before and they are always going to be arrogant a-holes.

They're a veteran team that has been used to contending for a while now. They should've BEEN known that, but what did they do after losing to the Steelers in 2010? Did they figure it out? Nope, they figured beating the Steelers was the answer, the only thing holding them back.

The way the Ravens acted last offseason and their reactions to beating the Steelers last year was quite frankly embarrassing for a veteran team like them.

suitanim
08-23-2012, 05:32 AM
I honestly can't recall the Steelers EVER doing te Gatorade thing during the regular season. They win a lot, and act like they've been there before...

SMR
08-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Can you imagine how confused people in Africa must be? The Ratbirds won the AFC but the Patriots* won the Super Bowl?? Then you tell them the Ratbirds doused their coach with Gatorade.

No wonder they just stick with soccer.

THAT IS PRICELESS!

However, I think you mean the GIANTS won the Super Bowl, not the Patriots (which is even more hilarious!!)

BigNastyDefense
08-23-2012, 05:41 PM
THAT IS PRICELESS!

However, I think you mean the GIANTS won the Super Bowl, not the Patriots (which is even more hilarious!!)

No, he means Patriots. The t-shirts and hats of losing teams in championship games get sent to third world countries.