PDA

View Full Version : Big Book: AFC North dominates Top 25

polamalubeast
08-22-2012, 03:15 PM
As you know, we're a little biased around here and think the AFC North is the best division in football. Well, it looks like ESPN.com's Big Book believes that as well.

The AFC North dominated the list of the Top 25 players in the league. You'll need a subscription to view all the details because it's an Insider article, but I can give you some tidbits regarding the division.

This division placed six players in the Top 25: Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs (No. 13), Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (No. 14), Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (No. 17), Steelers linebacker James Harrison (No. 19), Browns offensive tackle Joe Thomas (No. 21) and Steelers safety Troy Polamalu (No. 22).

That means nearly a quarter of the Top 25 is represented by AFC North players. The most any other division had was four players, and that was the AFC East and NFC North. So, the AFC North will take that as another victory.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/53157/big-book-afc-north-dominates-top-25

suitanim
08-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Sweet! Will this reflect in the NFL BCS rankings?

ALLD
08-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Does this mean the Ravens already won the division?

salamander
08-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Does this mean the Ravens already won the division?

They already have their Gatorade bath ready.

Whyant5
08-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Power rankings in the NFL just gives an intern a job to do. They mean nothing. I wonder what the Giants were ranked Week 14, 15, 16, 17 last year. I understand there are teams that "just aren't as good as other teams" but when the top 10 play each other.... how can you call it an upset (barring injuries)?

Hammer67
08-22-2012, 08:16 PM
People are enamored with "top 10" lists. The NFL Network practically makes a living off of those shows in the off season. It is all filler, fluff and nonsense.