PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Preseason: Jonathan Dwyer Takes On Increased Role Among RBs

polamalubeast
08-22-2012, 09:17 AM
With Rashard Mendenhall continuing to rehab from a torn ACL suffered in January and Isaac Redman recovering from an injury to his hip, Pittsburgh Steelers running back Jonathan Dwyer is getting an opportunity to showcase his talents.

In his third season, Dwyer is looking to be a key piece to the Steelers' running game behind new offensive coordinator Todd Haley's increased focus on the ground attack. The 23-year-old has rushed for 83 yards on 10 carries through Pittsburgh's first two preseason games, including 43 yards on the ground against the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday.

The Steelers haven't been a top five rushing team in the NFL since Jerome Bettis retired in 2005, as the team has relied heavily on quarterback Ben Roethlisberger making plays through the passing game.

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/2012/8/22/3260105/pittsburgh-steelers-jonathan-dwyer

cold-hard-steel
08-22-2012, 12:16 PM
I just hope he's tough enough to handle any added work load. We may get the chance to see.

tube517
08-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Take away that 43 yd run and he is below average. Cut him. :chuckle:

Sent from my ICS Thrive

Galax Steeler
08-23-2012, 03:31 AM
I think he is looking better this year it is preseason but still he looks better hitting the holes then before.