PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Ryan Clark more upset by penalties than fines

polamalubeast
08-22-2012, 08:53 AM
After illegal hits resulted in a total of $55,000 in fines over a two-week span last season, Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark was highly critical of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

"I don't know if he had some type of high school dreams or Pop Warner dreams of being an NFL football player, but he's made himself the NFL," Clark said last year via Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "He is the most popular -- or infamous -- commissioner in sports right now, you know?"

Clark has vowed to tone down his comments this season and, during a Wednesday morning appearance on "NFL AM", discussed how the players have to adjust to the new safety rules.

"Well, it's definitely affected my paycheck directly", Clark said Wednesday of the new rules. "When you think about it, you still have to play. You have to go out and play as hard as you possibly can, make the tackles you can make. Growing up, you were taught (that) if you can't get the ball out, if you can't intercept it, you try to dislodge it with a hit. I think you still try to do that, but you just have to do it a little differently.

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000052979/article/steelers-ryan-clark-more-upset-by-penalties-than-fines