PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall confident in his progress

Psycho Ward 86
08-21-2012, 10:10 PM
http://blog.steelers.com/2012/08/21/mendenhall-confident-in-his-progress/

Running back Rashard Mendenhall was taken off the physically unable to perform list last week, and is now moving forward in his comeback from a torn ACL suffered in the regular season finale against Cleveland last year.

“I have been doing different things out there,” said Mendenhall on Tuesday. “It’s just the next step in my recovery and I am just taking it as it goes.”

Mendenhall hasn’t set any timetable on when he will return to game action, as this is simply the next step.

“I don’t set goals,” said Mendenhall. “I just take it day by day and let it go however it goes.”

He is happy with the progress he is making though, and is taking it to the next level now.

“I am sprinting, cutting,” said Mendenhall. “I have been doing all of that, now it’s just amped up a bit. Everything I have done I have been confident in so I am just trying to push it a little bit more.”

GodfatherofSoul
08-21-2012, 10:12 PM
http://blog.steelers.com/2012/08/21/mendenhall-confident-in-his-progress/

Running back Rashard Mendenhall was taken off the physically unable to perform list last week, and is now moving forward in his comeback from a torn ACL suffered in the regular season finale against Cleveland last year.

“I have been doing different things out there,” said Mendenhall on Tuesday. “It’s just the next step in my recovery and I am just taking it as it goes.”

Mendenhall hasn’t set any timetable on when he will return to game action, as this is simply the next step.

“I don’t set goals,” said Mendenhall. “I just take it day by day and let it go however it goes.”

He is happy with the progress he is making though, and is taking it to the next level now.

“I am sprinting, cutting,” said Mendenhall. “I have been doing all of that, now it’s just amped up a bit. Everything I have done I have been confident in so I am just trying to push it a little bit more.”

Flipping amazing how fast pro athletes recover. A friends GF blew her ACL and she was done for about 2 years.

steelreserve
08-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Flipping amazing how fast pro athletes recover. A friends GF blew her ACL and she was done for about 2 years.

Yeah, well if your entire life depended on getting back to full strength, you bet your ass you'd be following their instructions to the letter, and spending all day every day in the gym rehabbing your knee. I'd also bet they're more willing to push it and try running on it a lot sooner than most of us would be comfortable doing, for the same reason.

Psycho Ward 86
08-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Yeah, well if your entire life depended on getting back to full strength, you bet your ass you'd be following their instructions to the letter, and spending all day every day in the gym rehabbing your knee. I'd also bet they're more willing to push it and try running on it a lot sooner than most of us would be comfortable doing, for the same reason.

Yup agreed. You guys remember when wes welker tore his acl 2-3 years ago? He said he worked out and rehabbed for 5 hours a day. And now we all have to look at him like..."he had an acl injury???" lol