PDA

View Full Version : Camp Confidential: Pittsburgh Steelers

polamalubeast
08-19-2012, 01:58 PM
LATROBE, Pa. -- The Steelers just completed their 47th training camp at St. Vincent College. Before they arrived, the team reached a contract extension with Mike Tomlin, who is the Steelers' third coach over the past 43 years.

In other words, this organization believes in stability and continuity. That's why changing offensive systems -- switching from Bruce Arians to Todd Haley at coordinator -- has been a different challenge heading into the 2012 season. If the Steelers want to grab hold of their seventh Lombardi Trophy, the players know they have to gain a firm grasp on the new playbook.

No one is saying what Haley's offense will look like. And honestly, you get the feeling that the players really don't know the identity of the Steelers' offense yet.

"I don't, but Todd might," quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said without a hint of trying to be coy. "Because a big part is the injuries. We don't know what's going on with all the injuries. So, we don't know yet. Whatever we decide to do, we just want to be the best at what we can be at that."

read more

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/52920/camp-confidential-pittsburgh-steelers-2?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

GBMelBlount
08-19-2012, 02:23 PM
REASON FOR OPTIMISM

The Steelers are once again among the Super Bowl favorites, and it goes beyond defensive end Brett Keisel's prediction of sorts. It seems that every time Keisel welcomes a new child, the Steelers go to the Super Bowl. The Keisels welcomed their third child last week. "So, I want that trend to continue," Keisel said.

All joking aside, Pittsburgh is a strong contender this year because its quarterback is entering the prime of his career and its top-ranked defense returns all but two starters. At running back, Redman may end up being a better runner than Mendenhall, who seemed hesitant running between the tackles. And few defenses can match up against Wallace, Brown and Sanders at wide receiver.

"This is probably the most talent I've seen on this team in years," said Taylor, who has been on two of the Steelers' Super Bowl-winning teams.

This is EXACTLY how I feel as well.

In fact, while the concerns regarding all of the changes on offense are legitimate MY biggest concern quite honestly is how many freakin injuries we seem to have EVERY damn year.

Steeldude
08-20-2012, 01:41 AM
In fact, while the concerns regarding all of the changes on offense are legitimate MY biggest concern quite honestly is how many freakin injuries we seem to have EVERY damn year.

This is why for the last few years I asked about the conditioning coach. Could he be a reason?