PDA

View Full Version : Starters to get more work vs. Colts

polamalubeast
08-17-2012, 01:33 PM
The Steelers play their second preseason game on Sunday night when they host the Indianapolis Colts at Heinz Field and as expected the starting units will see more playing time.

“I’d like for them to play about twice as long as they did last time out,” said Tomlin. “That’s always a general reference but I always reserve the right to change it based on circumstance, performance, time of possession and things of that nature.”

The second preseason game is one where the rust should already be knocked off and the performances are stepped up a notch or two.

“The big thing is that I want to see a significant step in quality of play and an understanding of situational football and excelling in it,” said Tomlin. “That’s what the preseason is about, particularly the difference between game one and game two.”

As far as the quarterback rotation Tomlin said they are going with Ben Roethlisberger as the starter, Charlie Batch and Jarred Johnson, with veteran Byron Leftwich not playing.

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Starters-to-get-more-work-vs-Colts/9b26ff6b-7a55-43de-b1ee-ed5361825d0e

st33lersguy
08-17-2012, 02:19 PM
I'll probably be comparing our old offense with our new offense