PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor: Most intense training camp of my career

polamalubeast
08-17-2012, 07:50 AM
By Ike Taylor

Published: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 11:53 p.m.
Updated 9 hours ago

Time flies!

As training camp winds down, I like to reflect on the growth and extract all of the positives that arose from the pain and hard work.

I will say that the weather was great, the atmosphere was energizing, the fans were incredible, and my teammates, well, there are no words for how honored and blessed I feel to be surrounded by guys like these.

The camaraderie that we develop as we overcome challenges together can only be described as, well, indescribable.

In all of my years as a Pittsburgh Steeler, I can say, without a doubt, that the 2012 training camp has been the most intense and productive that I have yet to be a part of. I’m impressed beyond words with the young guys and how fast they are developing. It seems like every year the rookies get more and more talented and driven. It’s a great feeling to know that we have so much strength coming in this year to reinforce our squad.

As for me, I have been taking on more of a leadership role with my teammates. I have been a Pittsburgh Steeler for a decade now, and I know this organization as well as anyone.

read more

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2425047-85/ike-camp-taylor-pittsburgh-training-feel-steeler-team-atmosphere-guys?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Stee lers+Stories%29

HollywoodSteel
08-18-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm a bit disappointed that the article doesn't contain the creative grammar that I've come to know and love from the 'ole Swagmaster General. I'd love to get a look at the first draft, before a proofreader got ahold of it.

I kid because I love. I'm a big Ike fan and I appreciate the article.

ALLD
08-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Ike did a great job with the interview, did not bobble or drop any questions.

Count Steeler
08-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Or is this simply an admission, and proof, that our D is "old and slow"? I await the wisdom of Sapp!

GBMelBlount
08-18-2012, 07:17 PM
In all of my years as a Pittsburgh Steeler, I can say, without a doubt, that the 2012 training camp has been the most intense and productive that I have yet to be a part of. I’m impressed beyond words with the young guys and how fast they are developing. It seems like every year the rookies get more and more talented and driven. It’s a great feeling to know that we have so much strength coming in this year to reinforce our squad.

Personally I am glad to hear about all of the cat fights that are a spillover from the intensity and competitiveness that we are hearing about in camp this year.

Preseason sets the tone for the entire year and I must admit I am feeling better about the intensity this year than last....

TheRuneMeister
08-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Or is this simply an admission, and proof, that our D is "old and slow"? I await the wisdom of Sapp!
I just heard someone saying that again. Math seems to be tough on NFL analysts. I dare them to call any of these (current) 1st team defenders 'old'.
McLendon
Hood
Carter
C. Allen (nickel)
Woodley
Timmons
Lewis
And I think Heyward will rotate in a lot as well.

To me this looks like a great combo of veterans and young players. This is NOT and old defense. This is the nr. 1 defense in the NFL.