PDA

View Full Version : Be like Ike: Setting the bar for the Steelers

Steelman
08-17-2012, 02:22 AM
Hey guys, been browsing, but haven't posted in awhile. I wanted to share my first published article. Granted it's a sports blog, but we all gotta start somewhere, eh? I'm pursuing journalism so this will be practice and motivation to publish weekly content related to the Steelers. Would appreciate your comments, critiques, or suggestions.

Ike Taylor gingerly pressed against the swollen gash under his right eye and grimaced.
The 32-year-old Steelers cornerback wasn’t upset though. He’d recently fielded a punch while engaged in another fight with close friend and teammate Antonio Brown, their second of a training camp seemingly more ferocious than usual, and once again they’d both played it off as merely a product of their competitive personalities.

Even with the respected captains of the team stepping in to diffuse the situation, for all the speculation regarding the possible cause of their disputes during practices, neither man would offer an explanation, saying they were on good terms with each other.

A band of brothers, said Brown. Nothing personal.

Brothers get into it, said Taylor. That’s how it is.

Perhaps Taylor was being emphatic.

Read more: http://thepenaltyflagblog.com/ike-setting-bar-steelers