PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu embraces Pittsburgh Steelers leadership role

polamalubeast
08-16-2012, 10:29 PM
The most famous hair in football is now flecked with more than a few strands of gray, and Troy Polamalu knows it.

Entering his 10th season, the perennial All-Pro Pittsburgh Steelers safety talks openly about being closer to the end of his Hall of Fame career than the beginning. The way he repeats the phrase "I'm trying to just take each day as it comes," it's almost as if it's on a loop.

But the veteran broke from tradition and showed up at OTAs this spring rather than work out in California.

"He could be back sitting on a water cooler hamming it up but he's not," secondary coach Carnell Lake said. "He's adding his input, 'This is what I see. You might want to see this or that.' "

Polamalu is one of the most experienced players left in the Steelers locker room after Aaron Smith, Chris Hoke, James Farrior and Hines Ward left the team.

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000051232/article/troy-polamalu-embraces-pittsburgh-steelers-leadership-role?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

suitanim
08-17-2012, 05:38 AM
We don't have much longer to relish watching this beast play. Enjoy every down that's left.

Moose
08-17-2012, 07:31 AM
Yea, I'm dreading the day when Troy's final play comes, and we all know that it's not that far away. Watching last year's performance he definitely slowed in his play, and age is the cause. The aches that come from 'day after games' is taking longer and longer to go away and injuries are going to take alot longer to heal. You can see that he no longer can be all over the field in a fraction of a second. Still, he's one of the elite safety's and will always be. I just hope our Steeler scouts are searching for, and FIND the next Troy before any other team......if there is a young one out there . I don't think you can teach what Troy does. Good Luck....Love the hell out of you Troy...and love your play.

polamalubeast
08-17-2012, 07:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIi-cLf8V2g

SteelerEmpire
08-17-2012, 06:27 PM
We don't have much longer to relish watching this beast play. Enjoy every down that's left.

here-here...