PDA

View Full Version : Carter ready to fill Harrison's void

stillers4me
08-15-2012, 09:42 PM
After practice, Chris Carter felt the need to run a few extra sprints. He’s willing to do anything to prove he’s a capable fill-in for James Harrison.
Once he finished running, he headed off the field toward the locker room, only to be stopped by a handful of reporters. As sweat dripped down his face, Carter learned that he’ll continue playing right outside linebacker on the Steelers’ first-team defense for at least the next two weeks.

It wasn’t until early Wednesday evening that Carter found out that Harrison had arthroscopic knee surgery to repair an irritation behind his knee cap that’s been bothering him for months.

“If that’s the case, it’s the first time I’m hearing about it,” Carter said of the scope performed on Harrison’s knee. “But I’m willing to do whatever (the coaches) deem necessary. I have a lot to live up to because the standard is the standard.”...............

:applaudit: Even the players are using :tomlinism:

:lol:

Read more @ http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/carter-ready-to-fill-harrison-s-void/article_7bc0f49e-8acc-5a94-8b4d-b5c293640da6.html#.UCxb9BPc8BM.twitter

Galax Steeler
08-16-2012, 04:08 AM
Carter has shown some flashes so far this year. It is big shoes to fill but hopefully he can do it if called upon.

Count Steeler
08-16-2012, 04:53 AM
He has the benefit of the OTAs and full training camp. He even showed he was capable as a green rookie last year. I have a feeling he will supplant Worilds as the heir apparent to Harrison.

SteelerFanInStl
08-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Is Worilds injured? I haven't heard anything about him in the preseason. It looks like Carter has passed him.

Edman
08-16-2012, 09:33 AM
I have all the confidence Carter will be ready.

Count Steeler
08-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Is Worilds injured? I haven't heard anything about him in the preseason. It looks like Carter has passed him.

Yes. Something wrong with his wrist.

polamalubeast
08-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Is Worilds injured?

yes

suitanim
08-16-2012, 09:47 AM
I still think Harrison only misses one game, tops...

SteelerFanInStl
08-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Yes. Something wrong with his wrist.

Thanks. I figured that he was but I couldn't recall reading anything about him. Unfortunately I still get the feeling that Worilds is going to be a bust.