PDA

View Full Version : Redman

steelpride12
08-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Did anyone else hear about Redman's injury today at camp. I saw a few posts about it on Twitter, but have no real link for proof. If this is true the injuries are getting back and the RB's are getting thin.

stillers4me
08-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Ed Bouchette‏@EdBouchette#steelers (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23steelers) RB Redman tried to practice. But fell painfully on all fours as trainers attended. Hasnt returned.

Joe Starkey‏@JoeStarkey1 Redman just told me he "kept getting a sharp pain" in his groin today, which is why he shut it down. MRI tomorrow.

86WARD
08-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Bouchette said he was getting an MRI

Haley said he knew nothing about it

Bouchette confirmed with Redman the MRI

43Hitman
08-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Fanfreakingtastic. The last thing we need is Redman going down in preseason.

7willBheaven
08-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Its his groin thats been bothering him since the Friday Night Lights camp night...its not anything new.

Devilsdancefloor
08-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Its his groin thats been bothering him since the Friday Night Lights camp night...its not anything new.

True. but i hope it doesnt need surgery! that leaves Dywer, Batch, rainman and ford who i know nothing at all about at this point. Hell by th etime the season starts Legursky might be our FB the way RB have been falling apart on us

polamalubeast
08-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Only 25 carries combined for Dywer, Batch, rainey in their career!!!

Shoes
08-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Are there any decent RB's out there looking for work?

salamander
08-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Hopefully it's nothing too serious. I hate the injury bug!

polamalubeast
08-15-2012, 08:40 PM
In the latest news that I had, it seems that this is the guaranteed money that the steelers and Wallace are not in agreement right now

5/50 millions is not the problem....for the guaranteed money...yes

JayC
08-15-2012, 09:07 PM
wallace in a redman thread?

Shoes
08-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Dang ....Wallace is now taking over the Redman thread..... :chuckle:

polamalubeast
08-15-2012, 09:11 PM
I am very sorry for my mistake

My computer has problems lately!

polamalubeast
08-15-2012, 09:17 PM
for Redman.....I hope this is not serious!

if it's serious, the Steelers will have the RB group the most inexperienced in nfl history!

25 carried combined for Rainey,Batch and Dwyer....that's very little!

steelerdude15
08-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Mendy is going to come and save the day! :chuckle:

polamalubeast
08-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Mendy is going to come and save the day!

this is 99% sure that Mendenhall will miss the first 6 games, unfortunately

Psycho Ward 86
08-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Mike Tomlin has labeled the injury as "minor" and Redman practiced on Wednesday, calm down.

Devilsdancefloor
08-15-2012, 10:49 PM
Ed Bouchette‏@EdBouchette#steelers (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23steelers) RB Redman tried to practice. But fell painfully on all fours as trainers attended. Hasnt returned.

Joe Starkey‏@JoeStarkey1 Redman just told me he "kept getting a sharp pain" in his groin today, which is why he shut it down. MRI tomorrow.

Mike Tomlin has labeled the injury as "minor" and Redman practiced on Wednesday, calm down.

Sounds like HE tried to practice

Galax Steeler
08-16-2012, 04:25 AM
We have started in the trenches before when Ben was out. I don't want to but if we have to we can do it again.

Count Steeler
08-16-2012, 04:48 AM
:peep:Wasn't Fast Willie looking to come out of retirement? :peep:

steelers_switzerland
08-16-2012, 04:58 AM
I hope that we don't need fast Willie now that we have Rainey, as i mentioned in another thread, i got a feeling that he will be a bigger factor this year than we all think...

Nadroj 20
08-16-2012, 07:40 AM
Only 25 carries combined for Dywer, Batch, rainey in their career!!!

AKA 25 carries for Dwyer

:chuckle:

Nadroj 20
08-16-2012, 07:41 AM
Are there any decent RB's out there looking for work?

Ehh I think Ryan Grant is available.

He's something but has had injury issues himself.

86WARD
08-16-2012, 10:07 AM
They should sign Demps. Reunite Rainey and Demps...

Psycho Ward 86
08-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Sounds like HE tried to practice

http://pit.scout.com/2/1211874.html

he dressed for practice and participated in individual drills Wednesday. Tomlin maintained after Wednesday’s practice that Redman’s injury is “minor.”

ill take tomlin's word over bouchette

Psycho Ward 86
08-16-2012, 11:01 AM
They should sign Demps. Reunite Rainey and Demps...

lol like getting more severely undersized scatbacks will solve the problem. Not to mention he's been spending months getting in track shape and not football shape, and he's not even on a team yet and hasnt sniffed a playbook since his time with the Gators. He would probably struggle to make an instant impact, which is the only thing we need. i dont understand the obsession with reuniting players, especially when it makes zero sense.

steelers_switzerland
08-17-2012, 03:13 AM
SB Nation reports that Redmain said the MRI "went well" and he hopes to be back in practice Monday. So far so good...

86WARD
08-17-2012, 06:30 AM
lol like getting more severely undersized scatbacks will solve the problem. Not to mention he's been spending months getting in track shape and not football shape, and he's not even on a team yet and hasnt sniffed a playbook since his time with the Gators. He would probably struggle to make an instant impact, which is the only thing we need. i dont understand the obsession with reuniting players, especially when it makes zero sense.

You aren't going to find instant impact. That went out the window when Benson was signed by the Packers. It makes sense because the Steelers have nothing else (although now that Dwyer is back, thats a huge plus) and Haley has Had success in the pastveithbthis type of back.

86WARD
08-17-2012, 06:31 AM
SB Nation reports that Redmain said the MRI "went well" and he hopes to be back in practice Monday. So far so good...

MRIs usually go well...it's the results parts...not so much...

steelers_switzerland
08-17-2012, 09:16 AM
yeah the more interesting part was that he was talking about practice on monday, so for me it sounds like he'll be ready by week 1

suitanim
08-17-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm not worried about this. In fact, the guy's going to get plenty of carries in the regular season. I'd rather rest him and see what the others bring to the table.

Psycho Ward 86
08-17-2012, 10:09 AM
You aren't going to find instant impact. That went out the window when Benson was signed by the Packers. It makes sense because the Steelers have nothing else (although now that Dwyer is back, thats a huge plus) and Haley has Had success in the pastveithbthis type of back.

we already have that type of back. more of them wont make up for the lack of a thumper. Sounds like Redman's doing fine though so doesnt seem like an issue.

86WARD
08-17-2012, 11:28 AM
That doesn't matter. The Steelers need bodies at that position and Redman is not a "thumper." lol. Hes a decent relief back. He's not an all day every day back...he's just not. I hope he proves me wrong, I hope even more that Dwyer takes the job from him.

Psycho Ward 86
08-17-2012, 12:15 PM
That doesn't matter. The Steelers need bodies at that position and Redman is not a "thumper." lol. Hes a decent relief back. He's not an all day every day back...he's just not. I hope he proves me wrong, I hope even more that Dwyer takes the job from him.

he's played much better than any back on the roster by far for 2 consecutive seasons so im not sure why youd want a 5'7'' 175lb. roleplaying scatback that's been out of football for almost half a year taking his place. To give Rainey a breather on the limited snaps he plays? You do realize Rainey and Demps are essentially the same player. Demps just has more straightline speed and is a better runner, Rainey is a slightly better receiver and has more phonebooth quickness. Dwyer is inferior to him (Redman) in all facets, not sure what youre going off of in your judgement there. Thank God Demps is signing with the Patriots to put that out of discussion

steeldawg
08-17-2012, 02:14 PM
he's played much better than any back on the roster by far for 2 consecutive seasons so im not sure why youd want a 5'7'' 175lb. roleplaying scatback that's been out of football for almost half a year taking his place. To give Rainey a breather on the limited snaps he plays? You do realize Rainey and Demps are essentially the same player. Demps just has more straightline speed and is a better runner, Rainey is a slightly better receiver and has more phonebooth quickness. Dwyer is inferior to him (Redman) in all facets, not sure what youre going off of in your judgement there. Thank God Demps is signing with the Patriots to put that out of discussion

Well hes been the best back minus Mendenhall.

Psycho Ward 86
08-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Well hes been the best back minus Mendenhall.

better body of work, definitely not as efficient or consistent. Mendy is still young i think we all expect that to change once he's healthy again

steeldawg
08-17-2012, 03:17 PM
better body of work, definitely not as efficient or consistent. Mendy is still young i think we all expect that to change once he's healthy again

Wait...Redman is more consistent and more efficient than Mendy???

Craic
08-17-2012, 03:50 PM
All this fret and worry...

I'm amazed that people keep forgetting we have one of the best passing teams in the NFL. They can and will make up for any lack of a running attack for a few weeks. I wouldn't want to do it for a full year because it's too easy to gameplan for a single threat team, but for a few weeks until our RB's are healthy?

Not a problem.

86WARD
08-17-2012, 06:57 PM

I never said I wanted Demps to replace Redman. lol. They needed bodies when I made the comment that they should consider signing him. He was one of the better free agents out there...a Demps signing wouldn't have hurt. Dwyer's faster than Redman...so you're wrong there...he's not inferior to Redman in all facets. FACT is, Redman isn't starting material...he's not. Like I said, I hope he proves me wrong, but he's not a starter. We know what he is and I don't think it's wrong at all to say I hope Dwyer is more than that...lol.

Psycho Ward 86
08-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Wait...Redman is more consistent and more efficient than Mendy???

Where have you been the last two years?

steeldawg
08-17-2012, 08:03 PM

162 carries 726yds 3tds over 2 years and hes our most consistent and efficient back????

steeldawg
08-17-2012, 08:07 PM

Mendy over the past 2 years

552 carries 2001yds 22tds

Psycho Ward 86
08-17-2012, 08:16 PM
i dont think i need stats to confirm with most people that Mendenhall was extraordinarily inconsistent and erratic in the yards he gained in comparison to the yards he lost.

That doesnt mean i dont appreciate the guy. he's a valuable asset for this offense and a mistake imo if we let him go. That's what the film shows imo, not the stat sheet. it seemed like most people felt the same way up until all the media outlets declared how dynamic mendenhall was and how much we so desperately need him for the past 7 months and when everyone freaked out because redman got stuffed trying to run to the outside on one play against the eagles in the preseason :lol:

Boomerang
08-17-2012, 08:40 PM
I think Redman is capable of doing a decent job for us.

steeldawg
08-17-2012, 09:19 PM
i dont think i need stats to confirm with most people that Mendenhall was extraordinarily inconsistent and erratic in the yards he gained in comparison to the yards he lost.

That doesnt mean i dont appreciate the guy. he's a valuable asset for this offense and a mistake imo if we let him go. That's what the film shows imo, not the stat sheet. it seemed like most people felt the same way up until all the media outlets declared how dynamic mendenhall was and how much we so desperately need him for the past 7 months and when everyone freaked out because redman got stuffed trying to run to the outside on one play against the eagles in the preseason :lol:

Well if running for 4 yds per carry over 2000yds and 22 tds over 2 seasons is erratic then sign me up for erratic. Also mendy is a much more dynamic back than redman is, yes redman is a banger and he has some wiggle, but he definetly has not been our best back over the past 2 seasons. Redman has not had a chance to be erratic he has no body of work.