PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notebook: Colon won’t be moving back to tackle

stillers4me
08-15-2012, 05:38 AM
With Mike Adams out at least another week because of a knee injury and Max Starks working his way back from offseason knee surgery, Steelers offensive line coach Sean Kugler is looking for anyone to play tackle — anyone except for last year’s right tackle, Willie Colon. The Steelers moved Colon to left guard in the offseason, and Kugler said that’s where Colon will stay. “I will never say never, but I promised him when I moved him to guard that I wouldn’t move him back out there,” Kugler said.........

Read more @ http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2407174-85/steelers-starks-colon-dwyer-kugler-running-tackle-agent-anyone-cleared

suitanim
08-15-2012, 06:34 AM
Two other things in this article of interest: One, John Clay is gone. Two, if David Johnson is injured all year, and he's an UFA next, we can probably sign him more cheaply then we would have had he had a solid year, and all indications were pointing to the fact that he was headed that way.

steelers_switzerland
08-15-2012, 06:43 AM
But i think Clay will also go to IR once he clears waivers

suitanim
08-15-2012, 06:47 AM
But i think Clay will also go to IR once he clears waivers

What worries me is this new penchant teams have for signing injured players...just to keep their own team from eventually having their services. I think the Giants and Pats have started this trend (IIRC). I don't know that anyone had their eye on Clay, and Johnson wouldn't make sense to pick-up anyway, since he's an UFA next year. Clay had some nice upside, though...so we shall see.

steelers_switzerland
08-15-2012, 06:53 AM
Yeah doing that is a little weird (i think Belicheat started it?)... Anyways i think Clay has some upside but not proven enough that a team will snag him that way

86WARD
08-15-2012, 07:46 AM
Love this news. DeCastro - Pouncey - Colon ... NASTY interior line! Who cares what's playing tackle...lol.

SteelerFanInStl
08-15-2012, 12:03 PM
I agree with Kugler. Keep Colon at guard.

Hindes204
08-15-2012, 12:19 PM
I sure hope Adams recovers quickly so he can practice more. He got handled pretty easily in that first game, he needs all the practice he can get