PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor has allowed holdout receiver Mike Wallace to stay in his Florida Home

polamalubeast
08-14-2012, 06:34 PM
What if I told you that restricted free-agent wide receiver Mike Wallace not only trained last week with speed and conditioning guru Tom Shaw at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports at Disney, he bunked in Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor’s nearby home and drove Taylor’s car?

How many people would welcome someone into their home while they’re away at training camp? Taylor and Wallace are good teammates more than they are best friends, so Taylor clearly took one for the team.

“Mike was supposed to be here three weeks ago,” said Shaw, who has trained many high-profile NFL players and has known Taylor since he was a teenager. “The only way to get him here was to have him stay in Ike’s house and drive Ike’s car.”

The Steelers know all about Shaw, who became regarded as one of the early stars in his profession for his work with Deion Sanders, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Shaw was the conditioning coach when the New England Patriots won three Super Bowls in four years.

Shaw has been a guest at the Steelers’ practice facility, and he is on speaking terms with coach Mike Tomlin. The Steelers are well aware that Taylor, who works every offseason with Shaw and made his home in Orlando, Fla., as a result, didn’t miss a game because of injury in his first nine NFL seasons.

Taylor should receive a finder’s fee when Wallace receives his new contract. Make no mistake, it’s a matter of when, not if, Wallace — who told a Disney official last week he will play in the final preseason game — signs with the Steelers.

Taylor has spoken with Wallace throughout the offseason, in person and on the phone, with Wallace explaining his side of the negotiations while Taylor presented the Steelers’ side.

read more

http://triblive.com/home/2403626-74/taylor-steelers-wallace-mike-shaw-rooney-ike-harris-allen-camp

Count Steeler
08-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Is this why Taylor and Brown have been at each other this pre season?

stillers4me
08-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Chec
k out Taylor’s avatar picture on his Twitter page featuring him and Rooney striking one of Taylor’s favorite poses, side-by-side with arms folded across their chests. It’s a must-see, and a clear indicator that Taylor, who once fell asleep in Rooney’s office after a practice, shares a special bond with the Steelers’ owner.
“I told him one time that his pants (were) too high,” Taylor said about Rooney on his weekly show on TribLive Radio two weeks ago. “So he had to come down on his pants, and he got a whole lot better over the course of years.”

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/561460_452495028114732_651315732_n.jpg

Chidi29
08-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Why does it say founded in 1932? Steelers weren't founded until a year later.

Am I missing something?

steeldawg
08-14-2012, 07:46 PM
I cant wait for him to get the camp!!!!!!!

Devilsdancefloor
08-14-2012, 07:59 PM

Am I missing something?

Dan Rooney was born in 1932

Chidi29
08-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Dan Rooney was born in 1932

Oh...gotcha. Thanks.

86WARD
08-14-2012, 10:34 PM

Am I missing something?

If you have to ask, you probably wouldn't understand anyway...