PDA

View Full Version : Starks removed from PUP list, Clay waived

polamalubeast
08-14-2012, 09:06 AM
The Steelers are thin at left tackle, but will get a big boost today when veteran Max Starks was removed from the physically unable to perform list.

Under new CBA rules, Starks will be limited and unable to practice for three days meaning he won’t be able to practice fully until Friday when the Steelers close out camp. Starks won’t play against the Colts this weekend.

Sunday will mark seven months since Starks had the ACL repaired in his right knee. Starks injured his knee during the wild-card loss to Denver. ACL surgery typically takes 7-9 months to fully heal.

read more

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/08/14/starks-removed-from-pup-list/#.UCpXoenr6pY.twitter

zulater
08-14-2012, 02:15 PM
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Starks-activated-Ford-Signed-Clay-WaivedInjured/c0b690fb-565c-41cd-a23f-fc95b7649f1d

The Steelers activated veteran offensive tackle Max Starks from the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) List, the team announced today.

Starks, now in his ninth season with the Steelers, has been recovering from an ACL injury. He has seen action in 107 career games with 80 starts.

The Steelers also signed rookie running back Jason Ford. He signed with the Houston Texans as an undrafted rookie free agent out of the University of Illinois in May. Ford will wear No. 21.

To make room on the roster the Steelers placed running back John Clay on the Waived/Injured List.

Good news. I would expect after the Colt game they'll move Gilbert back to right tackle, and have Max hold down the fort at LT until Adams is ready to assume the starters role sometime around mid season. :applaudit:

Austin87
08-14-2012, 03:41 PM
I don't think Adams will start this season, unless we have some major injuries along the O-line.

Psycho Ward 86
08-14-2012, 06:06 PM
I don't think Adams will start this season, unless we have some major injuries along the O-line.

which probably means he will lol