PDA

View Full Version : Steelers defense dominates goal-line drill

LLT
08-13-2012, 05:42 AM
By Alan Robinson
Tribune-Review
August 12, 2012, 7:10 p.m.

• The Steelers were down to two running backs — Chris Rainey and Baron Batch, neither of whom has carried the ball in a regular-season game — for the second goal-line drill of training camp Sunday. Predictably, the defense dominated by stopping the offense on six of seven plays from just inside the 2-yard line. On the first three plays, the offense lost 8 yards. “From where I stood, it looked like Larry Foote owned the whole drill,” coach Mike Tomlin said.

• Running back John Clay (hip/groin) was taken off the field on a cart in visible pain, while offensive lineman Doug Legursky strained a quadriceps and is listed as day to day. With Isaac Redman (groin) and Jonathan Dwyer (shoulder) sitting out for a second successive day, the running back corps was thin. Tight end Jamie McCoy lined up some at fullback. Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, per usual for a Sunday, was given the day off. Wide receiver David Gilreath returned after being out Saturday.

Read More: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2389401-85/johnson-linebacker-plays-outside-defense-inside-position-running-camp-drill

Steeldude
08-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Who is the conditioning coach?

Texasteel
08-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Who is the conditioning coach?

I don't know bud, but that may be something we need to look at. These injuries are getting rediculous.

steelpride12
08-13-2012, 02:14 PM
LOL is all I have to say. Not even the 2nd pre-season game and I could already make a list of the injuries. Man I just hope none are serious.