PDA

View Full Version : It's Round 2 for Brown, Taylor

LLT
08-13-2012, 05:24 AM
August 13, 2012 12:10 am
By Gerry Dulac
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

For the second time in training camp, wide receiver Antonio Brown and cornerback Ike Taylor were involved in a fight during practice.

This one didn't stop there.

After practice ended Sunday at Saint Vincent College, Taylor went after Brown in the middle of the field, and the players had to be separated by, among others, general manager Kevin Colbert.

Coach Mike Tomlin tried to dismiss the altercation by saying, "We're competitors ... those things happen," but this went beyond the usual training-camp tussle.

Afterward, Colbert met on an adjoining practice field with Brown, Taylor, safety Ryan Clark and receiver Jerricho Cotchery. Receivers coach Scotty Montgomery later joined the meeting.

Taylor applied an ice pack to his forehead and eventually walked off the field with Brown.

None of the involved players spoke to the media.

The altercation began when Taylor stepped in front of an end-zone pass for Brown and tried to wrestle the ball away. After jostling for the ball on the ground, the players jumped to their feet, and Brown threw a punch at Taylor. Several teammates intervened.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/its-round-2-for-brown-taylor-648771/#ixzz23Q8U4fBu

GBMelBlount
08-13-2012, 07:03 AM
I would imagine this is just two very intense and competitive players having a moment and not something lingering...best they nip it in the bud though.

TheRuneMeister
08-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Number 1 vs. Number 1. This will happen if you go at each other for weeks and neither player backs down. As long as it stops here, I think it is natural...even good in some cases. I didn't think brown had it in him, but I actually like seeing the fire.

polamalubeast
08-13-2012, 07:33 AM
The fight are for me very stupid and useless....If you do that during a game, you are suspended for the game

I reminds me of Ike Taylor fight against the giants in a pre-season game in 2010!....It was dumb!

Butch
08-13-2012, 07:40 AM
If you do it during a game then yes it's stupid, but if it's during training camp it's more of a non issue IMHO. As long as this is the end of it no harm no foul. Good to see some fire out of both of these guys they are competitors and I personally think it's a good sign that we are ready for some real football!!!

polamalubeast
08-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Me and @AntonioBrown84 we GOOD sometimes FAMILY members get into it We got it off our chest SHOOK hands AFTER NOW WE AT BREAKFAST SWURVE!

https://twitter.com/Ike_SwagginU/status/235033974622281728

Please forgive me and my brother @Ike_SwagginU for the frustration in camp we love each other sincerely ! Meet us on Carson at Cafe Davio

https://twitter.com/AntonioBrown84/status/235034453255282688

steelpride12
08-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Gotta love it! It's called competition! These guys are #1 in their respective positions and both want to have it their way 100% of the time. It's training camp and it happens, and personally the more the merrier!

SteelerFanInStl
08-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Heat of the moment, nothing more.

ALLD
08-13-2012, 01:19 PM
If Brown threw the first punch he lost self-control. It was later reported Taylor was so aggressive because he finally got his first ever interception in training camp after dropping so many over the years.

Butch
08-13-2012, 02:16 PM
If Brown threw the first punch he lost self-control. It was later reported Taylor was so aggressive because he finally got his first ever interception in training camp after dropping so many over the years.

ROFLMAO That's the reason we have been able to pay him to stay with us for so long!!!

86WARD
08-13-2012, 03:26 PM
I want to see video...

GoSlash27
08-13-2012, 04:26 PM
If the coaching staff is smart, they will harness this energy and focus it into the betterment of both players. Rivalries can be useful.

Nadroj 20
08-13-2012, 04:31 PM
I was there and it was just two guys in the heat of the momemt. I saw them walking off the field together after practice laughing and there were no hard feelings.

Tomlin said the same thing in an interview on steelers.com

Not an issue.

vader29
08-13-2012, 06:13 PM
:tomlinism:

"The guys understand what that's about and they'll leave it on the grass where it should be."

Nadroj 20
08-13-2012, 07:31 PM
http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Mike-Tomlin---Post-Practice-812/2b8c853f-30e0-4b13-a20d-f6c42b0b69b3

1:30-1:44

"Questions!?" :chuckle:

BigNastyDefense
08-13-2012, 09:05 PM
These guys go at each other every day in practice, they are both fiery competitors and this happens in camp all the time, with most if not all teams. And starters also see very little time in preseason games to try & avoid injury to them....and a WR or DB might not see anything the entire preseason.

As long as they can shake hands and get past it and be good teammates, and as long as they don't hurt each other with a scuffle...then I don't have a problem with it.

Count Steeler
08-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers' Antonio Brown, Ike Davis get into another fight

MOUNT PLEASANT, MI — Former Central Michigan University star Antonio Brown and Pittsburgh Steelers teammate Ike Davis were involved in another fight Monday, their second of training camp.

Brown, who signed a five-year, $42.5 million contract extension in July, scuffled during practice Monday, but it escalated after practice, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

After practice Monday, the two fought after practice and had to be separated by Pittsburgh Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert.

Taylor walked off the field holding an ice pack to his forehead.

http://www.mlive.com/chippewas/index.ssf/2012/08/pittsburgh_steelers_antonio_br.html

Somebody was having a rough day. Apparently we have a corner named Ike Davis.

vader29
08-13-2012, 10:07 PM
http://www.mlive.com/chippewas/index.ssf/2012/08/pittsburgh_steelers_antonio_br.html

Somebody was having a rough day. Apparently we have a corner named Ike Davis.

That article also has the fight taking place on Monday instead of Sunday when it happened, no practices are held on Monday. :doh:

SteelerFanInStl
08-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Apparently we have a corner named Ike Davis.

Can he catch the ball?

Boomerang
08-14-2012, 02:17 AM
Sure these 2 are just intense and it won,t carry on into the regular season

86WARD
08-14-2012, 07:41 AM
Didn't really carry past the field...