PDA

View Full Version : Enough name calling. Lets declare our beliefs...

Vincent
07-19-2010, 09:18 PM
...and discuss issues of that basis.

1. Religion - I am not religious, nor do I subscribe to a denomination. I am not impressed by the state of the Church or any other religion for many of the same reasons that I don't like politics. I am a believer in God, His Son Jesus, His death as atonement for our sins, His resurrection, and life everlasting on faith in Him. And I'm fairly narrow minded on that subject but respect the rights of others to worship as they please as long as it doesn’t disturb those around them.

2. Politics - I hate politics, politicians, political parties, and numbskulls that curry their favor. I believe that the Republic that was left to us by our founders was and is the best form of government that mankind has ever conceived. Our Republic guarantees us all equal freedom under the law. It is our responsibility to preserve it for the generations to come. Elected officials should be selected on the basis of their experience and service to their peers, then voted on. The legislatures should be peopled by citizens that serve for a limited time. Only the noblest should be considered for higher office. Anybody that seeks office should be tarred and feathered.

3. The Constitution – was conceived by brilliant men who framed it with great understanding of history, human nature and politics. It was right the first time and needs no tinkering, save amendments that duly elected representatives agree to.

4. Tax – Everybody should pay an equal percentage of what they earn to the local, state, and federalies – individuals and businesses alike. The total of those taxes should not exceed 10%. There should be one simple document on which one declares their income and submits the tax to local authority. Tax revenues should be distributed up and there should be no redistribution at any level.

5. Gubmint budgets – As the available moneys would be determined by revenues gathered locally and distributed up, there would be a finite budget to operate from at every level. Get it done with the available funds by operating within the jurisdiction defined by the Constitution. Appropriate those funds like they belong to your loved ones because they do.

6. Every able bodied American should serve the country for a year or two prior to “higher education”, and be available for service until age 50. We should follow the Swiss model of military service. Career service should be encouraged through rigorous qualification, exceptional training, superior accommodation, and a level of prestige commensurate with any other profession.

7. “Special interests” and their agents should be shot after torture. They are the bane of the Republic.

8. Education should be provided by “community of interest”. All else is inculcation. The state and federalies have no business in education.

9. I don’t particularly care what adults do behind closed doors as long as they don’t violate the rights or wills of other adults. And I’m less interested in hearing about it. Anybody that violates or harms a child should be fed to sharks. After torture.

10. If you’re aware of the needs of another, then address them. You were selected.

11. If you think something is “art” then buy it. Don’t expect the public to buy it for you.

12. As you sow, you shall surely reap.

13. If you’re a natural or naturalized citizen, I will love you and serve you as a brother because you are. If not, go through the process like everybody else did. And then step up to your responsibilities.

14. We are free to do not what we want to do, but what we ought to do.

15. Vote like you mean it. And don’t vote for idiots.

16. We should not tolerate bad behavior. We should reacquaint bad behavior with what is good behavior.

17. The NFL exists to provide the Steelers with teams to play. The teams should be professional and provide enough competition to maintain the interest of Steelers fans, but no more.

NJarhead
07-19-2010, 09:49 PM
You're an idiot and this is a stupid thread. :chuckle:

Of course I'm only kidding. I'm about out of time Vinny, but I will attempt to respond to this tomorrow my good friend.

Wait, no religion?? You heathen!!!

Again, I keed, I keed.

http://www.tomsimpson.org/images/triumph_head.jpg

tony hipchest
07-19-2010, 10:10 PM
i believe in swordfish. http://music-onebox.googleusercontent.com/thumbnails/4/album/3e/3e927068fc891162e28590655c97c27a.jpg

http://s0.ilike.com/play#The+Dead+Milkmen:Swordfish:68886:s2059230.131 04814.22864842.0.2.210%2Cstd_8606bc8365f54e199f2b6 321fd15f44a

Some people believe in astrology
Others believe in technology
Some people believe in all those "ologies"
But I believe in swordfish
He believes in swordfish

I believe in Happy Days
I believe in Joanie Loves Crotchie
I believe in all that TV crap
And I believe in swordfish
He believes in swordfish

Came up from the ghetto with the help of my stiletto
Every day I hear the people groan:
Why should we buy postage stamps?
We can make our own

We may be doing something wrong
We could be running a little too long
I guess we better end this song
I say I believe in swordfish
He believes in swordfish

Shea
07-19-2010, 10:17 PM
I believe that if someone pulls out in front of you when driving that it should be understandable if you look in your mirror and don't see a ton of traffic behind you - justifying them pulling out - but see not a single car in sight, that you then should be able to ride their ass, honking the horn the whole time and giving them the finger until they pull over and look at you as if you are a demented seed spawned from the depths of hell.

I strongly believe this but is it reasonable??

Vincent
07-19-2010, 10:40 PM
I strongly believe this but is it reasonable??

Hmmm. Thinly veiled bait. :chuckle:

Can someone please call me a bitch or something along the lines of that??

Shea
07-19-2010, 10:43 PM
:sofunny:

Stinky Fred Vinners, I luvs ya!

Vincent
07-19-2010, 11:01 PM
:sofunny:

Stinky Fred Vinners, I luvs ya!

This thread has strayed.

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/vinnyq/SFV.jpg

tony hipchest
07-19-2010, 11:06 PM
thats enough guys...

you all are hijacking my DEAD MILKMEN post.

ricardisimo
07-20-2010, 04:27 AM
Well, I believe that this thread was a very good idea (although starting out as verbose as you did... not so much... too intimidating), so kudos to Vinny for that.

I also believe that no one here cares what I believe.

And, if we're going to start quoting songs, several come to mind, but certainly this:

History repeats the old conceits
The glib replies the same defeats
Keep your finger on important issues
With crocodile tears and a pocketful of tissues

I'm just an oily slick
In a windup world with a nervous tick
In a very fashionable hovel
I hang around dying to be tortured
You'll never be alone in the bone orchard
This battle with the bottle is nothing so novel

So in this almost empty gin palace
Through a two-way looking glass
You see your Alice

You know she has no SINS
For all your jealousy
In a sense she still smiles very sweetly

Charged with insults and flattery
Her body moves with malice
Do you have to be so cruel to be callous

And now you find you fit this identikit completely
You say you have no secrets
then leave discreetly

I might make it California's fault
Be locked in Geneva's deepest vault
Just like the canals of Mars or the Great Barrier Reef
I come to you beyond belief

My hands were clammy and cunning
She's been suitably stunning
But I know there's not a hope in Hades
All the laddies cat call and wolf whistle
So-called gentlemen and ladies
Dog fight like rose and thistle

I've got a feeling
I'm going to get a lot of grief
Once this seemed so appealing
Now I am beyond belief

venom
07-20-2010, 06:22 AM
http://bythelbs.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/morecowbell3.jpg

SteelerSal
07-20-2010, 07:46 AM
I was lost and confused until the very end when I read a few words that I understand;

17. The NFL exists to provide the Steelers with teams to play. The teams should be professional and provide enough competition to maintain the interest of Steelers fans, but no more.

Vincent
07-20-2010, 08:23 AM
I also believe that no one here cares what I believe.

I not only care, but respect it. Why else start such a thread?

vasteeler
07-20-2010, 10:47 AM
im with you on most points except religion

now, i am not religious at all but i do beleive in god , i just call him mother nature. i do beleive jesus christ existed but certainly not the son of mother nature . i am sure he was a great man but just a man.

Indo
07-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Since we're posting lyrics, these come to mind:

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation from this

Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Fret for your figure and
Fret for your latte and
Fret for your lawsuit and
Fret for your hairpiece and
Fret for your prozac and
Fret for your pilot and
Fret for your contract and
Fret for your car.

It's a
Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will
I sure could use a vacation from this

Stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit...

One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim.

Mom's gonna fix it all soon.
Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be.

Learn to swim.

Fuck L Ron Hubbard and
Fuck all his clones.
Fuck all these gun-toting
Hip gangster wannabes.

Learn to swim.

Fuck retro anything.
Fuck your tattoos.
Fuck all you junkies and
Fuck your short memory.

Learn to swim.

Fuck smiley glad-hands
With hidden agendas.
Fuck these dysfunctional,
Insecure actresses.

Learn to swim.

Cuz I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom please flush it all away.
I wanna see it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.

Time to bring it down again.

Don't just call me pessimist.
Try and read between the lines.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it come down.
put it down.
suck it down.
flush it down.

I believe that Chivalry still exists
That Honor is Alive
That Respect for Others is never to be forgotten
That Duty and Service should be part of daily living (not necessarily talking about those words in a Military sense, but Duty and Service to one's community and those that live in it)
That one should Live Well (that has nothing to do with financial matters)

Do the Right Thing

SteelCityMom
07-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Love Tool, love that song Indo....great song to sum up how I feel about a lot of people and much of society today as well.

Myself, sometime's I'm not too sure what I believe in. In a religious aspect, there's just too many possibilities, so I often ponder many of them. I figure I haven't killed anyone or made anyone's life a wretched hell and am happy much of the time, so I must be doing something right.

As for politics...fuck them all. People are greedy and insecure and will always find a way to make the ends justify their own means. I don't really believe any party or any president or any person is going to save us from ourselves. Too many people find it all too difficult to make compromises and don't understand that you're not going to have things the way you want them all the time. So fuck politics. I believe in the Constitution and believe it was made and written with the best intentions, but people are screwed in the head. It's a nice thought, but society (any society) will always take a good thing and twist it into something horrible. It's a never ending circle of humanity.

It may sound pessimistic (and I suppose it is), but I just don't have a lot of faith in the majority of humans to do the right thing. So I just focus on me and mine and as long as we're smiling it's all good.

Stlrs4Life
07-20-2010, 08:39 PM
1. Religion - Roman Catholic, I believe that people should believe what they want to believe. It's up to them.

2. Politics - I hate politics, politicians, political parties, and numbskulls that curry their favor. I believe that the Republic that was left to us by our founders was and is the best form of government that mankind has ever conceived. Our Republic guarantees us all equal freedom under the law. It is our responsibility to preserve it for the generations to come. Elected officials should be selected on the basis of their experience and service to their peers, then voted on. The legislatures should be peopled by citizens that serve for a limited time. Only the noblest should be considered for higher office. Anybody that seeks office should be tarred and feathered.

Believe the same

3. The Constitution – was conceived by brilliant men who framed it with great understanding of history, human nature and politics. It was right the first time and needs no tinkering, save amendments that duly elected representatives agree to.

Believe the same

4. Tax – Believe in a fair tax also, but wealthier should pay more. Where do you draw the lie? I don't know.

5. Gubmint budgets – As the available moneys would be determined by revenues gathered locally and distributed up, there would be a finite budget to operate from at every level. Get it done with the available funds by operating within the jurisdiction defined by the Constitution. Appropriate those funds like they belong to your loved ones because they do.

Believe the same

6. Every able bodied American should serve the country for a year or two prior to “higher education”, and be available for service until age 50. We should follow the Swiss model of military service. Career service should be encouraged through rigorous qualification, exceptional training, superior accommodation, and a level of prestige commensurate with any other profession.

Believe the same. But, wouldn't be the best thing to do. As an Army vet, I don't know if I want to serve along some body that doesn't want to be there.

7. “Special interests” and their agents should be shot after torture. They are the bane of the Republic.
Believe the same

8. Education keep the same, fund it better.

9. I don’t particularly care what adults do behind closed doors as long as they don’t violate the rights or wills of other adults. And I’m less interested in hearing about it. Anybody that violates or harms a child should be fed to sharks. After torture.
Believe the same

10. If you’re aware of the needs of another, then address them. You were selected.

11. If you think something is “art” then buy it. Don’t expect the public to buy it for you.

Believe the same :nod:

Devilsdancefloor
07-20-2010, 09:02 PM
1. Well I was raised catholic, but like most im disgruntle. i believe in god, but really cant stand organized religion, id say you would be a believer if you have seen what i seen or been shot at as i was.

2. i am conservative, now if that is a democrat or republican so be it.

3. vincent is brilliant i couldnt have said it better.

4. i believe in a consumption tax.

5. i agree with vincent.

6. i believe that every man should have too serve for 2 years. If ladies are involved they get NON COMBAT jobs. I loved the females i served with, but when the shit hit the fan every guy was worried where are the women. I seen it on more than one occasion. (I know i'll get shit for this, but ive been there done that and it isnt a place for a woman.)

7. special interest should be taken out back and beat on for a while.

8. education we shold fire 1/2 the admin staff and higher more teachers with better pay.

9. i agree with vincent

10. i agree with vincent

11. if art is good it will sell. example they put a new piece of art in from of city hall where i live they spent 70k on it. they unveiled it and i about lost my mind. it is a sculpture of the state bird (cardinal). It is drum roll 200 bike frames weilded together and looks nothing like a freaking bird.

12-17 I agree with Vincent especially 13 my mom came here from germany and my grandpa from Ireland. When my mom got here my grandpa had to promise in writing she would not be a burden of society.

Vincent
07-20-2010, 09:46 PM
So far the respondents seem to be substantially on the same wavelength. There is hope for the Republic. Now, if we can just get the other 305 million on board...

Wallace108
07-20-2010, 11:44 PM
Religion: I believe in God and have respect for religions, but I, myself, never had much use for any organized religion. Faith just isn't in my nature ... I like to question everything.

Politics: I'm a conservative and I dislike politicians. I view Republicans as the lesser of two evils, but I believe that both parties have sold us out. I believe in term limits so we can put an end to career politicians. Get elected, serve the public, then go get a job and live under the laws you enacted.

Tax: It's OUR money, not the governments. We are overtaxed.

I pretty much agree with Vincent on the rest.

tony hipchest
07-21-2010, 12:29 AM
1. space does not go on for infinity. way out there, further than the eye 9or modern science can see) there is a brick wall or something that holds it all in.

but on the other side of it is more space.

2. i believe in the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

3. i believe in "the golden rule", "judge not lest ye be judged", "an eye for an eye", and "give unto ceasar what is ceasar's".

4. i believe that all men were created equal, and should be treated as such (unless they are our enemy).

5. life, liberty, (there's that "lib" word people hate so much) and the persuit of happiness.

6. in a capitalistic nation, i dont believe anyone should be forced to serve but i most certainly believe in the philosophy of the AmeriCORPS program.

7. innovation and entrepreneurship made this nation great.

8. i believe in having the strongest and most ass kickingest military in the world.

9. the haves should pay a higher % of taxes than the have nots. if every multi-millionaire "wesley sniped" their money, this nation would already been bankrupt. close the loopholes that help the rich get richer, and insure the poor get poorer.

10. usury is a bad thing. sure fannie mae and freddie mac and all the credit co's made alot of people rich, but preying on the poor and ignorant isnt a noble cause (especially when the outcome is common sense inevitable).

11. i believe in dr. jack kevorkian.

12. i am pro choice.

13. we should be allowed to grow, smoke, ingest, bang, any drug we want. theres no law against sword swallowers, so there shouldnt be any law against dope smokers.

14. capital punishment should be across the board and televised live for all who wish to witness.

15. i believe in evolution and that man originates from africa.

16. when man migrated north for the ice ages and moved into caves, they lost their sun tans and turned white. other than that, there isnt much difference.

17. i believe in swordfish (he believes in swordfish!)

tony hipchest
07-21-2010, 12:51 AM
i also believe that when killed, every part of the buffalo should be used.

the rain forests should be protected, we are all going to hell in a hand basket (but are judged if we act like we arent), and there are whales in the ocean that have a rectangular sticker on their butt that says to "save yo momma".

Mattsme
07-21-2010, 01:02 AM
I believe in China there are young women with tattoos above their butts that say "love" and "strength" in English.

ricardisimo
07-21-2010, 02:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBfdl6hNZ9k

ricardisimo
07-21-2010, 02:17 AM
I believe in China there are young women with tattoos above their butts that say "love" and "strength" in English.

Similarly, I believe that if I were to wear sweat shorts with the word "BROWN" printed across their backside, no one would find it attractive.

X-Terminator
07-21-2010, 08:04 AM
1. I am not religious either, but I am a believer. I have never been a fan of organized religions, and I also believe that no religion should claim to be more "moral" than others. They ALL have a lot of blood on their hands.

2. Agreed 100%. All you have to do is look at the infighting politics has caused in this forum.

3. Agreed. Problem is, politicians have been trying to do an end-around the Constitution since the ink was dry on it...which of course ties in to #2.

4. I believe that everyone should pay a flat tax rate, whether it's on income or consumption. I do not believe the rich should have to pay a higher percentage just because they're rich; however I DO think they should close all of the loopholes they use to avoid paying taxes so that they have to pay whatever flat tax rate we'd implement. I also believe we need to lower the corporate tax rate which is among the highest, if not the highest in the world and makes us less competitive with countries like Taiwan. If we want to attract businesses, we need to make it worth their while.

5. We must rein in spending and balance the budget. The out of control spending and massive deficits are going to end up crippling this country. There is no reason why any government agency at any level cannot run within a budget. Manage this country's finances the way the average family manages theirs. Yeah, some people will be upset, but that's just too bad.

6. I've never believed any person should be forced to join the military. I don't support a draft of any kind except in extreme circumstances where it can't be avoided, such as WW3 breaking out.

7. "Special interests" definitely deserve death via firing squad.

8. Education should be left in the hands of the educators and taken out of the hands of bureaucrats whose only job is to (mis)manage money. We spend far too much money on education for too little results. There's a reason why so many charter schools are popping up everywhere. We should also get back to basics when educating our children and stop using schools as indoctrination centers. The kids are there to LEARN, not have their heads filled with political BS.

9. Agreed on all points. I'd even take it a step further and legalize all drugs. I mean, look at how much money we've wasted fighting the "war on drugs." It's staggering. That's money that could be better spent addressing the needs of our country. It would also nearly completely eliminate the gang and drug-related violence in the inner cities. Legalize drugs and then tax the hell out of them. I'd rather make money off them than throw it down a bottomless pit. And anyone who harms a child should be beaten, slathered in honey then sunk in a vat of army ants, hanged, drawn, quarted, and then fed to sharks. Or we can just blast them into the Sun. Either way works for me.

10-12: Agreed.

13. This one gets so misrepresented it isn't even funny. I support LEGAL immigration. I don't support ILLEGAL immigration. If you want to come to this country, then go through the proper channels, and no one will complain. It's not rocket science.

14. Agreed.

15. We should also NOT vote like we mean it, because sadly most politicians are idiots.

16. Agreed. When we are more concerned with the perps than the victims, or that people gain more fame and fortune after engaging in bad behavior, you know we have lost our way as a society. Look no further than Michael Vick for the former.

17. Wholeheartedly agree! :tt02:

steelerdude15
07-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Well I guess I'll do it too... I'm a registered Democrat, but I am a moderate. I have some liberal views and some conservative views. Some of my liberal views are that I'm pro-choice and pro-marriage. I also don't believe in war or violence at all, I'm all about the peace and against racism. :peace: Some of my conservative views are less federal government, more state government. I'm into capitalism and feel its the way to go. The health care plan.... well.... let's put it this way, I'm not against it, but I'm not for it. There are things that do need fixed, but I feel that the plan is a little too much in some areas, like the penalties of jail and fines are a little redundant. There is good that comes out of it too... I think everyone can agree with that all the liberals and conservatives in Congress need to work together. O and I'm also all for individual rights and freedoms. Illegal immigration needs to be taken care of... hey, if your here legally and you pay your taxes and things like that, in my eyes your more than welcome to be here and have the same rights as us. If your here illegally, I feel you don't have any rights, but of course you have human rights.

The WH
07-21-2010, 02:36 PM
There is a Cash song for everything.

There once was a musical troupe
A pickin' singin' folk group
They sang the mountain ballads
And the folk songs of our land

They were long on musical ability
Folks thought they would go far
But political incompatibility led to their downfall

Well, the one on the right was on the left
And the one in the middle was on the right
And the one on the left was in the middle
And the guy in the rear was a Methodist

This musical aggregation toured the entire nation
Singing the traditional ballads
And the folk songs of our land
They performed with great virtuosity
And soon they were the rage
But political animosity prevailed upon the stage

Well, the one on the right was on the left
And the one in the middle was on the right
And the one on the left was in the middle
And the guy in the rear burned his driver's license

Well the curtain had ascended
A hush fell on the crowd
As thousands there were gathered to hear The folk songs of our land
But they took their politics seriously
And that night at the concert hall
As the audience watched deliriously
They had a free-for-all

Well, the one on the right was on the bottom
And the one in the middle was on the top
And the one on the left got a broken arm
And the guy in the rear, said, "Oh dear"

Now this should be a lesson if you plan to start a folk group
Don't go mixin' politics with the folk songs of our land
Just work on harmony and diction
Play your banjo well
And if you have political convictions keep them to yourself

Now, the one on the left works in a bank
And the one in the middle drives a truck
The one on the right's an all-night deejay
And the guy in the rear got drafted

ricardisimo
07-21-2010, 03:02 PM
1. Religion - I believe that god is a violent sociopath, as both the oral histories and written accounts can attest.

2. Politics - I'm an anarchist who tends to vote Green. I never tire of reminding people that neither "major" party represents their interests one iota.

3. The Constitution – ... is largely a patrician document, full of all manner of "safeguards" against democracy. As a living document it has matured quite nicely, and developed some truly radical guarantees of personal liberty, especially with regards to free speech. In terms of actually empowering people - ensuring popular oversight of our own government - it is subpar at best.

4. Tax – I'd like nothing more than to see some version of Ralph Nader's 17% flat tax idea instituted, with zero exemptions, zero write-offs, zero loopholes, no shelters. The tarring and feathering Ralph endured in the corporate press for this idea should assure us of just how effective and fair it would really be.

5. Gubmint budgets – Discussing budgets in a Pentagon-centric economy is pointless. We need to move our priorities elsewhere, then balancing the books or not becomes a meaningful debate, but not before then.

6. There is no greater service that people can make to their world than bettering themselves, raising their children as well as they can, working and saving money. Contributing to the military aspects of the Empire helps no one, including yourself.

7. Corporations, despite the opinions of Justice Scalia and his evil minions, are not people. Their opinions should not be heard in the halls of government, and their interests should not be represented.

8. Public education in the United States, even in its sorry state today, is one of the glorious wonders of this world, copied and improved abroad, beaten like a sick dog at home.

9. Mostly agreed. Adults can do whatever they want, as long as I get to look at pictures of it later. Pederasts are sick, sick people who invariably were themselves victims of pederasts. They need serious intervention, and they need to be kept away from potential victims in the meantime.

10. Agreed, but this applies globally, not just to your friends and family, and it certainly doesn't magically stop at our national borders.

11. Pay for people's work, whether they are building roads or performing on stage. Paying for an idea that someone had once years ago is another matter entirely. If ideas exist at all they exist collectively, and so are public property.

12. As you sow, you shall surely reap. Agreed 100%.

13. Workers deserve respect irregardless of their official status, party affiliation, religion race, whatever.

14. We are either free or we are not. It's no one's business to tell you what to do with that freedom or how to express it.

15. Vote like you mean it. And don’t vote for idiots. Agreed, and that means don't vote Democrat or Republican.

16. Not sure what this means. Many view my "contrarianism" as bad behavior, so there's some slippery slope danger here.

17. The NFL exists to provide the Steelers with teams to play. The teams should be professional and provide enough competition to maintain the interest of Steelers fans, but no more. Couldn't have said it better myself.

7SteelGal43
07-21-2010, 05:22 PM
EDIT: removed by author out of respect for Vincents intentions specifically for this thread.

tony hipchest
07-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Why did you list "against racism" under your liberal views ? Are conservatives FOR racism ? A bunch of raging racists ? Cause, I'm a conservative, a long time conservative. I know lots of conservatives in my personal life and in politics. I don't know of any of 'em that are racist. Beck, Limbaugh, NOT racist, so I'm a little confused why "against racism" is a "liberal view". Wait, wasn't Senator Robert Byrd a liberal ?enough of the name calling...

is the title of this thread, so take your "racist" baiting elsewhere.

Devilsdancefloor
07-21-2010, 06:47 PM
knock off the baiting please thanks :) this thread was started in good spirit to get to know one another and to drop all the other bullshit that has been happening.

ricardisimo
07-21-2010, 07:14 PM
No baiting? Oh, forget it then... I'm out of here.

Godfather
07-21-2010, 08:05 PM
1. Catholic.

Very well stated.

It was brilliantly designed--the separation of powers, checks and balances, dividing responsibilities between the states and feds, etc. I disagree that it was perfect, but fortunately the Framers set it up so it could be amended. That allowed for the abolition of slavery, women's suffrage, etc. There were misfires too such as the federal income tax and Prohibition (which we were able to repeal when we saw it was a failure.) The one amendment I would like to see is one where 2/3 (or 3/4) of the states can pass resolutions to nullify a federal law.

4. Tax – Everybody should pay an equal percentage of what they earn to the local, state, and federalies – individuals and businesses alike. The total of those taxes should not exceed 10%. There should be one simple document on which one declares their income and submits the tax to local authority. Tax revenues should be distributed up and there should be no redistribution at any level.

Not bad, but it's important to remember that any level of income is a lot more in some parts of the country than others. Plus we should have a personal exemption so we don't tax someone into poverty.

Excellent idea.

I don't like this one so much. The government would essentially be stealing the labor of its citizens instead of paying market value.

I can definitely get behind this.

8. Education should be provided by “community of interest”. All else is inculcation. The state and federalies have no business in education.

Agree on the feds...I can see a role for the state.

I agree completely.

Yep...that's what the Messiah called on us to do.

Yep...the market should decide what's good art, not the government.

12. As you sow, you shall surely reap.

13. If you’re a natural or naturalized citizen, I will love you and serve you as a brother because you are. If not, go through the process like everybody else did. And then step up to your responsibilities.

No objections here.

14. We are free to do not what we want to do, but what we ought to do.

Meh. Do what you want even if it's not right, as long as it's not criminal. And accept the consequences.

15. Vote like you mean it. And don’t vote for idiots.

How? There aren't any non-idiots on the ballot.

Yep, although I don't mind sharing the wealth every once in a while so Saints fans can enjoy a Lombardi or Tony Dungy can win a ring as a coach.

Shea
07-22-2010, 09:26 PM

Seriously?

That would be a shame. You add some spice that makes threads more interesting.

I'm starting to worry that this new forum is starting to change and will be different from the old one that worked so well.

NJarhead
07-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Riiiiiiicci.

Ricci, Ricci, Ricci, Ricci, Ricci......

http://thehonnolds.com/TheWatersEdge/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/icn-snelled-carp-fishing-hooks1.jpg

:chuckle:

stlrtruck
07-22-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm believe that Jesus Christ is Lord of all and will one day return for His glorious reign.

I believe that government has certain roles to care for the betterment of the masses, not the minority, and for the strengthening of the country as a whole not individual corporate sponsorships.

I think companies put too much stock in the bottom line and not enough in the people that make the bottom line better.

I believe that there is such a thing as freedom from religion, but it doesn't mean that this country can't be lead in a manner that is set by the standards of the Lord. It was in fact one of the reasons why people left the Old Country to be here in the first place and worship God.

I believe that politicans believe they are invincible and need to be replaced with every day people who understand how to budget, create opportunities for hard working people, and provide a lifetime of freedom from those individuals who don't believe in our ways.

I do agree that the NFL was created in order to make more teams for the Steelers to play.

I believe as adults we should set a better standard for our children and not leave it up to the "idols" in this world. Lord knows they aren't the best at it either. We should teach our children respect for themselves and for others.

I believe that we should live this country in a better situation for our children. But until we are willing to put aside our differences and pay for our country's past sins, it will never get better. We need to teach our children to stop living for ourselves and live for something better - TOMORROW!

I'm sure I didn't cover them all, but that should be a good start.

X-Terminator
07-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Seriously?

I'm starting to worry that this new forum is starting to change and will be different from the old one that worked so well.

Well, considering that he was on the board earlier this afternoon, I'd say he wasn't serious.

What, exactly, has changed about this board? I've asked you this before and never got a straight answer. We're more laid-back here than Shithole Forever ever was...we just don't let the inmates run amok like they did over there. And that's somehow a bad thing?

Shea
07-22-2010, 11:11 PM
I sense a different vibe so far.

Maybe I'm wrong, and hopefully I am, otherwise this new forum won't be what we all are use to and won't be as successful.

tony hipchest
07-23-2010, 12:50 AM
by "inmates" you are referring to anyone w/over 5000 posts, right? (rhetorical question... i already know the response, so dont bother.)

anyways, that sort of derogatory term would be considered "name calling", flaming, and baiting under current rules, would it not?

maybe focus would be better served on those who are currently breaking the rules as opposed to what others have done in the past. :noidea:

ricardisimo
07-23-2010, 01:39 AM
by "inmates" you are referring to anyone w/over 5000 posts, right? (rhetorical question... i already know the response, so dont bother.)

anyways, that sort of derogatory term would be considered "name calling", flaming, and baiting under current rules, would it not?

maybe focus would be better served on those who are currently breaking the rules as opposed to what others have done in the past. :noidea:

This is called the "Bait and Switch". Tony, you are a master. I worship at your altar.

JonM229
07-23-2010, 02:26 AM
I was raised as a Jew. I do believe in a God, but I think the Torah (Old Testament) as well as the scriptures for other religions, are merely a guidebook on how to live a good life and be a decent person. It has aged well for the most part, but I do believe there's much in there that no longer applies, like how it's a sin to wear clothing made from different fibers (not what you thought it was going to be, huh?)

I think most politicians start out actually wanting to do something good for their country, but the longer they are in office, the more jaded and self-serving they become. We definitely need term limits on Congress to avoid this problem. Also, the government's regulatory agencies need to stop hiring people who work for the companies they are supposed to be overseeing. I think this goes back to the whole self-serving aspect.

I believe that gays should have the same exact rights as we do, especially in terms of getting married (call it a Civil Union if you have to.) These aren't "special" rights given to them, it's the rights guaranteed to every American.

The core of the Constitution is great, but I do believe that it is a living document that needs to be changed to fit the times, as it has been done many times in the past (that's why they are called Amendments.)

I agree with stlrtruck about setting an example for our children and living for tomorrow.

You're all wrong about the NFL, it's made to provide the people of Baltimore with a football team (from here or stolen elsewhere) and to let murderers (and rapists) escape jail time.

X-Terminator
07-23-2010, 07:13 AM

It's called a "metaphor," Tony. I'm not calling anyone names, and you know it. Do you EVER get tired of trying to stir the pot?

Like I said, when we started this board, we wanted to leave everything that happened at SF over there. It started migrating over here, which is why we have gotten involved. Trust me, we'd MUCH rather sit back and enjoy this forum that we created without having to get involved very much at all. But we need help from everyone to make that happen.

HometownGal
07-23-2010, 07:13 AM
Seriously?

Baiting and flaming wasn't permitted on the "old board" either.

This board is working just fine from the many compliments we have received on it.

What I'm seeing are a couple of very unappreciative people and quite frankly, that pisses me off considering all of the hard work Gary, Eric and I put into getting this place up and running in less than 48 hours after our hiatus from the new regime over at SF. We wanted to keep everyone together and build this board cyberbrick by cyberbrick, which I believe we've done successfully. I'm sorry you don't see it that way but the majority of the membership is very happy to be here.

fansince'76
07-23-2010, 07:59 AM

Maybe I'm wrong, and hopefully I am, otherwise this new forum won't be what we all are use to and won't be as successful.

Please. We didn't start this place to become the "board gestapo," but that doesn't mean that anything goes, either. However, if you find the relatively few and easy to follow rules here so distasteful, you're free to go over and take a look at what an essentially unmoderated board looks like: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=831108#post831108.

fansince'76
07-23-2010, 08:06 AM

I think focus would be better served by letting bygones be bygones and leaving petty grudges over where they started, personally.

LLT
07-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Seriously?

WHAT!!!!!!

Our Mods on the old site were constantly putting out brush fires and having to deal with flame wars (within the confines of what they were ALLOWED to do). They were handcuffed into allowing A LOT more than was necessary in regards to bad behavior.

The old sites saving grace was the Mods who were fans first...and great posters. PERIOD!!!! The best of that site was brought here with the hope that flame wars and personal problems with others could be left behind either through a little self-discipline or through forum rules that would prevent the rest of the forum from having to deal with the BS!!

Its pretty simple....the forum will NOT allow a small group of people to make the forum a negative enviroment.

Devilsdancefloor
07-23-2010, 11:00 AM

youre right there is a different vibe, but it is for the better you honestly like having the bitching, moaning & flame wars? This place will IS already better than the other place. If you dont see that take your blinders off.

Devilsdancefloor
07-23-2010, 11:03 AM

Maybe your focus should be less on what Suit says then as well??

NJarhead
07-23-2010, 11:18 AM
I was raised as a Jew. I do believe in a God, but I think the Torah (Old Testament) as well as the scriptures for other religions, are merely a guidebook on how to live a good life and be a decent person. It has aged well for the most part, but I do believe there's much in there that no longer applies, like how it's a sin to wear clothing made from different fibers (not what you thought it was going to be, huh?)

I think most politicians start out actually wanting to do something good for their country, but the longer they are in office, the more jaded and self-serving they become. We definitely need term limits on Congress to avoid this problem. Also, the government's regulatory agencies need to stop hiring people who work for the companies they are supposed to be overseeing. I think this goes back to the whole self-serving aspect.

I believe that gays should have the same exact rights as we do, especially in terms of getting married (call it a Civil Union if you have to.) These aren't "special" rights given to them, it's the rights guaranteed to every American.

The core of the Constitution is great, but I do believe that it is a living document that needs to be changed to fit the times, as it has been done many times in the past (that's why they are called Amendments.)

I agree with stlrtruck about setting an example for our children and living for tomorrow.

You're all wrong about the NFL, it's made to provide the people of Baltimore with a football team (from here or stolen elsewhere) and to let murderers (and rapists) escape jail time.

In my best Cartman voice: "....." Ah nevermind, I'll probably get in trouble. :chuckle:

LLT
07-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Seriuosly...bottom line.

We want this forum to be a positive place. HELL...EVERYONE admits that SF was better before the bipartisan nonsense!!!!

The Mods and Administrators want NOPTHING more than to get back to the roots of what makes you (the posters) the best group on the web...while doing their best to creat an atmosphere of Steeler comraderie.

The personal pissiness ...grade school enabling....and negative push has GOT to stop...and it will. Either by the posters in violation or by the Mods and administration. I have NO doubt that we are going to have some people on the outside looking in...who I wish could be a little more disciplined in their behavior towards others.

Some of you have the ability to effect this board in a VERY positive way by just backing out of the negativity....I hope this will be the case.

NJarhead
07-23-2010, 11:38 AM
For the record: Being called names or being told to FO has never bothered me. I get along with the very same folks as a Steeler fan, who infuriate me and who I've shared mutual abuse with as a Conservative. We bring out the best and the worst in each other and I personally think it's part of what makes this group special.

X-Terminator
07-23-2010, 11:59 AM
For the record: Being called names or being told to FO has never bothered me. I get along with the very same folks as a Steeler fan, who infuriate me and who I've shared mutual abuse with as a Conservative. We bring out the best and the worst in each other and I personally think it's part of what makes this group special.

Yes, but what's good for you may not be good for someone else. That is why we have to tighten the reins around here. The board is bigger than any one or group of members, and for that reason, we have to do whatever is necessary to protect it.

LLT
07-23-2010, 12:42 PM

Appreciate that...we could use more members with "thicker skin"....and I appreciate those that do...but the reality is that those members who DO take things "personally" have a legitimate gripe when they are criticized or maligned.

From my point of view...the problem will always be with the offender... and not the offended.

NJarhead
07-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Appreciate that...we could use more members with "thicker skin"....and I appreciate those that do...but the reality is that those members who DO take things "personally" have a legitimate gripe when they are criticized or maligned.

From my point of view...the problem will always be with the offender... and not the offended.

Those sissies! :chuckle:

Kidding.

LLT
07-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Those sissies! :chuckle:

Kidding.

c'mere....:buttkick:

NJarhead
07-23-2010, 01:41 PM
c'mere....:buttkick:

lol. Get in line. ;-)

JonM229
07-23-2010, 02:07 PM
All this hostility reminds me of this commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMo7rfPYtPc

NJarhead
07-23-2010, 02:18 PM
All this hostility reminds me of this commercial:

What commercial? :upyours:

Indo
07-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Interesting.
A thread about stopping the name calling and declaring one's beliefs has turned into a--- thread--- about -----name calling

(incidentally, when I read the link from SF where supa is being...well...his supa self reminded me why it's good to not have to read his posts on a daily basis).
(I guess I could "Trust-up" and just put him on *ignore*...):heh:

I Believe in....the ignore button!

NJarhead
07-23-2010, 03:13 PM
BTW - what does "FOAH" mean? :chuckle:

Is that some form of praise that I earned? I suddenly have been greeted with this around here a lot. Thanks guys! "FOAH" right back at ya! :wink02:

Indo
07-23-2010, 04:39 PM
BTW - what does "FOAH" mean? :chuckle:

Is that some form of praise that I earned? I suddenly have been greeted with this around here a lot. Thanks guys! "FOAH" right back at ya! :wink02:

??????
WTF are you talking about?

I thought FOAH comes right after TREE

Yinz know what I mean...?

One, two, tree, foah, five, six, seben(more properly pronounced "seb'n"), eight...

NJarhead
07-23-2010, 04:42 PM
??????

One, two, tree, foah, five, six, seben(more properly pronounced "seb'n"), eight...

OOOOhhhhhhh! Out here in Jersey it's "FO!" I hear it all the time. lol

Indo
07-23-2010, 04:45 PM
FEE FEE FO, FO FO FO TWO

NJarhead
07-23-2010, 04:50 PM
FEE FEE FO, FO FO FO TWO
Wuts da area code n' shit? FO UN TOO?

Vincent
07-23-2010, 05:40 PM
??????

Old "joke". "Fee Fi Foah Foah Fi Fee" - Mike Tyson's phone number.

That was dreadfully racist of me.

NJarhead
07-23-2010, 05:43 PM

One of my favorite lines: "Dude was sweatin' like Mike Tyson at a spelling bee."

Godfather
07-23-2010, 06:52 PM

Nah, Mike really does sound like that so it's cool.

Unless he's reading this, in which case you're a total d-bag for making fun of the poor guy.

venom
07-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Nah, Mike really does sound like that so it's cool.

Unless he's reading this, in which case you're a total d-bag for making fun of the poor guy.

You aint kidding when you say " poor guy ". He is dead broke !!! I used to hang out with him when he was a record producer of " IRON MIC " records and he had big bucks then . Got married and it went all down hill from there , lol

JonM229
07-23-2010, 10:15 PM
What commercial? :upyours:

Sorry about the youtube. It's the Geico commercial with R. Lee Ermy as a therapist yelling at a guy for being a "mamby-pamby"

Shea
07-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Baiting and flaming wasn't permitted on the "old board" either.

This board is working just fine from the many compliments we have received on it.

What I'm seeing are a couple of very unappreciative people and quite frankly, that pisses me off considering all of the hard work Gary, Eric and I put into getting this place up and running in less than 48 hours after our hiatus from the new regime over at SF. We wanted to keep everyone together and build this board cyberbrick by cyberbrick, which I believe we've done successfully. I'm sorry you don't see it that way but the majority of the membership is very happy to be here.

Please, don't get me wrong here.

I do appreciate what you guys have done and appreciate the new forum keeping everyone together that made for such a success on SF.

We've had enough communication thru the board and even more thru PM's that I'd think you would know that I'm not about offending you ever, or anyone else for that matter.

Although I might not always say and convey my feelings properly, I'm never after hurting anybody's feelings with what I post.

And sorry if I have.

LLT
07-24-2010, 06:33 AM
OOOOhhhhhhh! Out here in Jersey it's "FO!" I hear it all the time. lol

...and in southern Illinois...its "fer".

NJarhead
07-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Sorry about the youtube. It's the Geico commercial with R. Lee Ermy as a therapist yelling at a guy for being a "mamby-pamby"

lmao. Love that commercial.