PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Notes

Chidi29
08-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Just a few things I noticed at TC today. Nothing ground-breaking and most of it is offensive stuff because the defense works on the field away from the stands until 7 on 7 and 11 on 11.

- Kirby Wilson looks great. Still moves around a little gingerly and makes sure his skin is shielded from the sun but that's it.

- Hrapmann got a lot of work today. Longest I saw him hit was a 47 yarder.

- Trai Essex getting the crowd going, dancing in the stretch line.

- Rainey, Maze, Gilreath got work on KR in that order.

- Adams had a sleeve on his knee.

- Redman (groin) Sanders (day off according to Tomlin), and Dwyer (shoulder) also did not practice.

- Tomlin said Clay hurt a hip and Legursky had a quad. Clay's severity is not known and Tomlin called Doug "day to day"

- WR order in drills. Brown, Cotchery, Derek Williams, Toney Clemons, Tyler Blier, Paul Cox, Maze, Juamorris Stewart, David Gilreath, Jimmy Young

- Like Tomlin does with his long sleeves and pants, WRs coach Scottie Montgomery gets warm in drills too. Coaches in a jacket.

- Foster worked at RT with Gilbert at left with the first team.

- Keenan Lewis running as first team corner. Cortez in the nickel.

- Ike picks off Leftwich working against Stewart.

- Jerrod Johnson actually working at L5 (farthest outside to the left) on kick coverage. Don't know how serious the team is about that or not.

- Antonio Brown, Ike Taylor really got into it on a simultanous catch between the two in the end zone. Spilled over after practice and both had to be separated by coaches/players.

- David Paulson looks to lack upper body strength. Got an extra rep or two extra on the blocking sleds.

- Will Johnson blew up Will Allen on one play. Also got a couple carries throghout practice, too.

- Tomlin to Rainey after a shifty move one a catch "Nice cut, way to get vertical!"

- Curtis Brown the only other player with an interception.

gosteelers
08-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Ike caught football? Are you trying to pull a fast one?

Chidi29
08-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Ike caught football? Are you trying to pull a fast one?

lol. Maybe the Mayan were right after all...

zulater
08-12-2012, 07:39 PM
As always, good info Chidi! :applaudit:

Chidi29
08-12-2012, 08:04 PM
As always, good info Chidi! :applaudit:

Thanks zu!

Butch
08-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Good stuff Chidi thanks for the update. Can't wait to see these guys playin' in real games all over again.

Count Steeler
08-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Thanks so much, Chidi. Wish you were our eyes on the scene for everyday at training camp.

Nadroj 20
08-12-2012, 08:48 PM
I ended up going too. I saw mendenhall working out and he looks pretty good. Looks to be running close to full speed.

Casey Hampton is as slow as ever :chuckle:

Chidi29
08-12-2012, 09:14 PM
I didn't really see Mendenhall. Was he cutting or just straight line?

Nadroj 20
08-12-2012, 09:18 PM
He was cutting some. He has doing a drill running with the ball and was making some moves. He looked good but I'm not sure what his time table is?

Chidi29
08-12-2012, 09:27 PM
He was cutting some. He has doing a drill running with the ball and was making some moves. He looked good but I'm not sure what his time table is?

Colbert basically said the other day he's going to start on the PUP.

Galax Steeler
08-13-2012, 03:59 AM
Thanks for the updates.