PDA

View Full Version : T.O. To the Pittsburgh Steelers? Five Reasons Why it Would Work

polamalubeast
07-19-2010, 04:59 PM
T.O. To the Pittsburgh Steelers? Five Reasons Why it Would Work

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/422118-to-to-the-pittsburgh-steelers-5-reasons-why-it-would-work#page/6

5. Terrell Owens brings Hall of Fame numbers.
Looking at the current Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiving core, there is only one player on the current roster with at least one season with 1,000 yards receiving. Take a look at what TO would bring to Pittsburgh.
In 14 years of NFL service, there is one season where he missed more than two games.
He has been voted to the Pro Bowl six times and has been voted to five first - team All Pro.
TO, ranks sixth on the NFL all-time reception list, and is first among active NFL player with 1006.
TO, ranks third on the NFL all-time yards list, and is first among active NFL players with 14,951.
TO, ranks third on the NFL all-time touchdown list, and is second among active NFL players with 144.
To put it into perspective with Hines Ward's number compared to TO's, Ward has 866 total receptions, 10,947 yards, and 78 touchdowns.

4. Comparing the Other Steelers Wide Receivers Numbers to Owens.
Sure, I get Hines Ward as the Steelers number one guy. He has great numbers. But, after Ward there is the drop off in talent.
Number two on the Steelers depth chart this year is Mike Wallace who is in his second year. I will not compare his number to Terrell’s since TO has 13 more years of service.
Then there is Antwaan Randle El. Randle El won a Super Bowl on the 05 Steelers team as their slot receiver and kick returner. Then after the season he left for the greener (by greener I mean more money) pastures of Washington. Here they expected him to be the number two option next to Santana Moss, but failed. But for numbers sake here is what Randle El brings:
162 total receptions, 2012 total yards, and 7 touchdowns. SEVEN total receiving touchdowns in 64 games in a Steelers uniform!

3. Bringing in TO Could Take the Media Spot Light Off of Roethlisberger.
With the suspension of Ben at the beginning of the 2010 season, someone will need to take the focus off him when he comes back mid-way in the season. Enter the media darling that is TO.
Terrell could be on a bad team trying to catch passes from Charlie Batch, or Dennis Dixon. Then Roth comes into the locker room ready to get back as the starter. Owens takes the pressure off Roth by going up to him and embracing him, saying how Roth is going to help Owens win him his first Super Bowl ring.
The media rallies behind Owens and Roth as the Steelers catch fire the second half of the season, thus winning Super Bowl XLV.

2. Super Bowl XLV Is in Dallas, and TO Is in Search of His First Ring.
I am going to bring out the motivation check list for this one to see if TO wants to win his first Super Bowl.
Ready?
Super Bowl host is a former team that cut him, thus wanting to extract revenge-check
TO wanting to stick it to the media for saying how bad of a teammate he is- check
TO wanting to stick it to the media for saying how old he is- check
TO wanting to win his first ring, thus solidifying his legacy as one of the greatest Wide Receivers in the history of the NFL- check
Terrell's only chance at a Super Bowl ring came with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2004. Here he came back from a broken bone in his ankle, and played against his doctor's order.
This time around Owens has a quarterback who has not one, but two Super Bowl rings, and won't puke under the pressure of a big game.

1. The Steelers Can Get Owens for Cheap.

Last year Owens made 6.4million for one year of service in Buffalo. Would TO take anything less than 1-million for one year with the Steelers?

Maybe.

This year the NFL does not have a salary cap. That pesky lock out that is on the horizon has prevented the cap. However, the Steelers have self-imposed their own salary cap. Director of Football operations, Kevin Colbert, has imposed this salary cap on the Steelers, as a "just in-case" after the new CBA is signed.

If Colbert and the Rooney family bring Owens into their offices in the South Side of Pittsburgh and show TO- the 6-Super Bowl Trophies, the pictures of Steelers Nation, and the family type of atmosphere that Terrell has been searching for. Then I do believe that this will be a match made in heaven.

Embrace TO Steelers Nation, because he is the missing piece to a seventh Super Bowl title. Owens might not have that Pro-Bowl type of talent that he did four or five years ago. But he does bring at least one or two more wins to this 2010 Steelers team. And as proven last year the Steelers could use one or two more wins.

ALLD
07-19-2010, 05:06 PM
I really need to have a drink of whatever the author of this article is brewing.

I know we have a small fire in the team. I know, let's throw some gasoline on it and see what happens.

solardave
07-19-2010, 05:43 PM
I won't waste my time reading nonsense like that. There's a reason no one has signed him,nuff said.

SteelerEmpire
07-19-2010, 05:57 PM
A WR with declining talent... PLUS H. Ward, M. Wallace, A. Ran. El.... it would be TOO tight a fit...
Would like to see how the Rooney's would pull it off...

SteelerFanInStl
07-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Yea, let's bring in an old prima donna who's well past his prime and have him take receptions away from our young WRs. I don't think so.

I'm still trying to figure out why I'm hearing people talk about the Steelers for a possibility with TO. It ain't gonna happen.

Chidi29
07-19-2010, 06:13 PM
How very close-minded we are being.

I'm all for signing Owens. Don't really agree with all the points the author made, but I'd welcome Owens.

We're still going to be an explosive offense, especially when Ben gets back. As I've said on here in the past, we're no longer the team that can get away with Randle El as our #2 and Cedrick Wilson as our #3 as we did in 2005.

We're going to need to stockpile as many weapons as possible. Is Randle El really an ideal #3 for an explosive offense? What about what's behind him? A rookies in Emmanuel who does have promise, but otherwise unproven and his route running is still a concern of mine.

Why not get that proven WR that could play outside? Move Wallace back to the slot where he exceled last year. You can go four wide and now have Randle El inside in the slot or switch him and Ward. You're giving yourself a lot more flexibility and that'll make it that much tougher for defenses to shut us down.

Again, if you want to be an explosive offense, you need to have explosive pieces.

Owens' character isn't an issue for me either. Just sign him to a one-year deal and there isn't anything to worry about. Can anyone point to a time where Owens became a problem after signing a short-term deal? I can't think of any. He was fine his first year or two in Dallas, they give him a three year deal, and then he becomes a problem. One year deal in Buffalo. Crappy, cold, "How did I wind up here?" Buffalo if I may add. He was quiet. If there was ever a situation to go off in, it was last year. And on the off chance he becomes a headache, you can cut him. You have nothing invested in him. It's a one year deal. After Week one, you're paying him the same amount of money whether he's one the roster or not. If he starts hurting the team more than helping, cut ties.

steel striker
07-19-2010, 06:25 PM
I'll pass on the TO deal and, don't we have enough to worry about?

Butch
07-19-2010, 06:45 PM
N.O. T.O.

If we ever even considered this cancer who drops more key passes than he catches I would litterally pass out.As was stated by others on here we have enough to worry about without "That Guy" splitting our forces.

Not just no but HELL NO!

Devilsdancefloor
07-19-2010, 06:51 PM
who are we going to cut to bring this asshat in? good WR yes POISON YES. i say we pass on the TO train

Chidi29
07-19-2010, 06:53 PM
who are we going to cut to bring this asshat in? good WR yes POISON YES. i say we pass on the TO train

I'm sure we could find someone.

fansince'76
07-19-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why I'm hearing people talk about the Steelers for a possibility with TO. It ain't gonna happen.

They (primarily Disney Channel II) said the same thing about Vick. And signing T.O. is also not going to happen.

hotrodder07
07-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Bleacherreport...Enough said.

I find it hard to think of one decent article that site has produced.

T.O. is past his prime, and he's just a distraction. Sure, he'll bring some talent, but he also drops a lot of balls and can split a locker room. Not the Steelers kind of guy.

vasteeler
07-19-2010, 08:00 PM

I'm all for signing Owens. Don't really agree with all the points the author made, but I'd welcome Owens.

We're still going to be an explosive offense, especially when Ben gets back. As I've said on here in the past, we're no longer the team that can get away with Randle El as our #2 and Cedrick Wilson as our #3 as we did in 2005.

We're going to need to stockpile as many weapons as possible. Is Randle El really an ideal #3 for an explosive offense? What about what's behind him? A rookies in Emmanuel who does have promise, but otherwise unproven and his route running is still a concern of mine.

Why not get that proven WR that could play outside? Move Wallace back to the slot where he exceled last year. You can go four wide and now have Randle El inside in the slot or switch him and Ward. You're giving yourself a lot more flexibility and that'll make it that much tougher for defenses to shut us down.

Again, if you want to be an explosive offense, you need to have explosive pieces.

Owens' character isn't an issue for me either. Just sign him to a one-year deal and there isn't anything to worry about. Can anyone point to a time where Owens became a problem after signing a short-term deal? I can't think of any. He was fine his first year or two in Dallas, they give him a three year deal, and then he becomes a problem. One year deal in Buffalo. Crappy, cold, "How did I wind up here?" Buffalo if I may add. He was quiet. If there was ever a situation to go off in, it was last year. And on the off chance he becomes a headache, you can cut him. You have nothing invested in him. It's a one year deal. After Week one, you're paying him the same amount of money whether he's one the roster or not. If he starts hurting the team more than helping, cut ties.

:thumbsup: Agreed 100%

Shea
07-19-2010, 09:04 PM
I can't stand TO.

But the point made of him taking some of the media heat off Ben made some sense.

Ben's going to be under a microscope and nobody, except Chad Johnson, loves shoving their way into being in that roll more than Owens.

SteelCityMan786
07-19-2010, 09:26 PM
No reason for the Steelers to bring in T.O. They already have a 1,2,and 3 Receiver. He would be competing for the 4th Spot at best which is a spot I say is probably going to Randle El and the 5th spot will go to Arnaz Battle after that.(1 being Ward, 2 being Wallace, and 3 being Sanders). No room for him. Plus he is enough of a cancer as is.

tube517
07-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Sob sob sob sob......Ben's my QB. That's my Quaterback...sob..sob......YAWN.

Bleacher report article - Anyone can write for them. 'Nuff Said.

All we need is Troy and Aaron healthy and our D to be like it was in 2008 or at least to hold leads. We need the O Line to pound the other teams into submission. Hines/Heath/MW17 is all we need for the passing game. Sanders, El, Battle and Brown will provide enough depth. We do not need TO. He wouldn't go there anyway and the Steelers wouldn't even think of signing him.

zulater
07-19-2010, 11:45 PM

It's not a matter of being closed minded, it's a matter of being realistic. If you're a Steeler fan you should be somewhat in tune with the orginization's history and mindset about this sort of player and realize there's no f'ing way the Steelers would sign T.O. in a 100 years. It's like buying a kitty cat and trying to take it out coon hunting, and being dissapointed when it doesn't work out the way you liked.

tony hipchest
07-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Say "NO" to T.O.!

damn, i should go into the bumper sticker selling business down at the strip in pgh.... :chuckle:

Shoes
07-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Cancer metastasis that appears in the locker room is from T.O.

Chidi29
07-20-2010, 12:08 AM
It's not a matter of being closed minded, it's a matter of being realistic. If you're a Steeler fan you should be somewhat in tune with the orginization's history and mindset about this sort of player and realize there's no f'ing way the Steelers would sign T.O. in a 100 years. It's like buying a kitty cat and trying to take it out coon hunting, and being dissapointed when it doesn't work out the way you liked.

I never said we would. I said we should and that I'd be 100% behind the idea of signing him.

If we don't like the cat, we can just drop it off on the street one day (That analogy sounds way worse than it's supposed to).

kmsteelerwr15
07-20-2010, 12:26 AM
I'll pass on this one. I heard Teddy Bruschi say that we were the best fit but that's just because he didn't want his beloved * to get him.

Wallace108
07-20-2010, 12:39 AM
I can make an argument to why bringing in TO is a good idea, and I can make an argument to why it's a bad idea. But the rest of you have already done that quite well. So at the end of the day, I have to side with those of you who say "no." The potential risk just outweighs the potential benefit.

Killer
07-20-2010, 12:45 AM
There's no risk, if he's better than Randel El.

There's no downside to T.O. in the locker room now that Ben has pissed all over Goodell's shield.

Wait till all the rival fans get their pictures splattered all over the web with their Rapistberger signs, banners and t-shirts - you'll forget all about T.O.

Wallace108
07-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Wait till all the rival fans get their pictures splattered all over the web with their Rapistberger signs, banners and t-shirts - you'll forget all about T.O.

Here in Ohio, I'm hearing and seeing that crap already. But our banner trumps theirs (thanks willie):

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4139/4744693988_71bc847e70_b.jpg

Shoes
07-20-2010, 01:04 AM
There surely must be a down side to having T.O. in the locker room.....he's still unemployed. :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
07-20-2010, 03:23 AM
We don't need TO in the locker room we already have our receivers.

Butch
07-20-2010, 03:25 AM
If this locker room was divided over Ben just imagine how much worse it would be when you throw in that diva.

To be perfectly honest I love it when we go up against him. When he was with Philly it was the game against us when he blew up on McNabb, same thing in Dallas he played us and then went off like the time bomb that he is. He went to Jerry Jones and sobbed about not getting the ball enough then claimed that Witten and Romo had hatched some secret plot against him. WHAAA!!!

polamalubeast
07-20-2010, 03:31 AM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/81451027.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548BF45026CC54A9764 C9CFFA353E80F7F8639806ED50E2C4FD

TatarMongol
07-20-2010, 04:23 AM
1 year deal won't hurt us, I think.

venom
07-20-2010, 06:02 AM
Nooo , not needed. Besides, if he does sign with the Steelers, the wife will become a Steeler fan . She loves T.O.( with his show and all ). I dont want that to happen !!!!!!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_tJJEi1zseDI/ST7Cb4coorI/AAAAAAAACGc/E7mbNHML8Kg/s200/just_say_no.gif

st33lersguy
07-20-2010, 06:27 AM
I wouldn't put it past the same man who kept Airhead Arians and dumped Holmes for nothing to make this nonsensical move

SirHulka
07-20-2010, 07:26 AM
I would LOVE to see the Steelers sign T. O.

(Of course, I'm a Browns fan)

wootawnee
07-20-2010, 08:15 AM
I like TO....He just has to learn a few team things.......Reminds me of Shannon Sharpe, if he can stay positive and let the defense get the negative stuff.........I beleive in forgiveness.......He would be a trip in the black and gold...........

steelpride12
07-20-2010, 08:17 AM
I see the logic and the point being thrown out there, but eh just not worth it. We would have to cut a WR now and with all this young talent it's not worth it, plus these youngs guys have a future around them and could turn out to be great's for the Steelers and at a lower cost. T.O. is in his 30's and sorry to say his talent has declined.

Butch
07-20-2010, 08:19 AM
1 year deal won't hurt us, I think.

That's what Jerry Jones thought too.

Just say N.O. to T.O.

memphissteelergirl
07-20-2010, 08:25 AM
As they say in my neck of the woods:

OH, HELL TO THE NAW!

Vincent
07-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Wallace is a great receiver in the making. Why curtail a second of his development?

The last thing I ever want to see on our sideline is somebody pouting because he isn't getting the ball. That is not the Steeler way.

Canadian Steeler Nation
07-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Why would you basically dismiss a young reciever with problems only to pick up an old reciever with problems. The Bleacher report is full of crap

Austin87
07-20-2010, 10:54 AM
The bus is full, sorry T.O. We already have 6 solid enough WR's on the roster.

Steely McSmash
07-20-2010, 11:33 AM
That's what Jerry Jones thought too.

Just say N.O. to T.O.

Jerry signed him to a 3 year deal for $25 Mil and cut him after 2.

I honestly have no idea what's actually true about Owens and what is talking heads repeating the same thing over and over again. I recall seeing an interview with him when Dallas cut him and he had this table cloth that Jerry Jones drew on to "illustrate" why he was cutting him. The story made no sense at all but I thought it was kind of funny.

I think he'd be an upgrade to starting talent but I think he'd have to come at the expense of Battle or El for me to want to go ahead with that deal. This is all assuming the team meets with the guy and finds his head screwed on right (certainly not a given). I am interested in seeing Sanders and Brown potentially develop but I think there's no doubt that TO would give you a better chance to win this year.

SteelMember
07-20-2010, 11:47 AM
T.O. has B.O.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3637/3329513919_5301234987.jpg?v=0

X-Terminator
07-20-2010, 11:48 AM
NO.

That is all.

Dino 6 Rings
07-20-2010, 01:15 PM
You know what, I'd take him. For a ONE year deal. If he keeps his mouth shut like he did in Buffalo, and can actually catch the ball still, I'd take him, just so when we win the entire thing even more HATERS jump on the Hate the Steelers bandwagon. I love being the bad guy.

Since I couldn't get Teebow, fck it, lets go the evil route!

Indo
07-20-2010, 02:24 PM
So somebody came up with the Five Reasons why T.O. would work as a Steeler---

Does anybody have time to post the 95 Reasons Why it Won't?

fansince'76
07-20-2010, 02:29 PM
If he keeps his mouth shut like he did in Buffalo....

Won't happen. The only reason he didn't shoot his mouth off in Buffalo is because a good percentage of the sports media (primarily Disney Channel II) treat that place like a league purgatory and stopped shoving a microphone under his snout every five minutes. If he became a Steeler, they would start paying attention to him again and the very public bitching, whining and moaning he has done throughout his career would kick back into overdrive.

Psycho Ward 86
07-20-2010, 02:34 PM
T.O. has B.O.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3637/3329513919_5301234987.jpg?v=0

LOL

steelerdude15
07-20-2010, 02:39 PM
I like the Pitt score on the bottom of the screen. :lol: I don't see T.O. coming to the Steelers, we already have enough.

Chidi29
07-20-2010, 02:56 PM
I see the logic and the point being thrown out there, but eh just not worth it. We would have to cut a WR now and with all this young talent it's not worth it, plus these youngs guys have a future around them and could turn out to be great's for the Steelers and at a lower cost. T.O. is in his 30's and sorry to say his talent has declined.

Cut Battle if you really can't find anyone else to cut. I liked signing him, but I'm not going to let a gunner/special teams player have roster spot over someone who can make a big contribution on offense.

wootawnee
07-20-2010, 05:35 PM
And if he acts up on the sideline, have Silverback bodyslam him like that stupid Browns fan in 05......

Killer
07-20-2010, 07:27 PM
We're not paying him $5M, that's for sure.

Maybe if Ward's hammies cramp up - we might could use him, if it turns out Wallace can't run a route.

SMR
07-20-2010, 07:41 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

HometownGal
07-20-2010, 08:28 PM
One HUGE reason why it WOULDN'T WORK . . .

He's a dickhead.

BPS3akaWirels3
07-21-2010, 08:08 AM
This came from the Examiner.. Wasn't sure if posted already..

PITTSBURGH - The Steelers traded No. 1 pick Santonio Holmes to the Jets prior to the NFL draft.

Meaning Mike Wallace is now the go-to guy, with Hines Ward and Antwan Randel El behind him on the depth chart.

So how does this crazy thought sound? Adding T.O to the mix. That's right the outspoken wide receiver according to one source is on the Steelers radar screen.

Mike Florio of Pro Football talk (http://http//profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/20/to-possibilities-dwindling-but-optimism-remains/)has listed the Steelers as one of Owens possible suitors, along with the Bears, Colts, Falcons, Jets and Ravens.

Here's what Florio had to say: Steelers: Believe it or not, some within the organization have at least pondered the possibility of Owens serving as a one-year transition from Santonio Holmes. Still, it would be a shock if the Steelers would pull the trigger.

Last season, Owens had 55 catches for over 800 yards with the Bills.

While this seems a long shot at best, and would be a shock to many, should the Ravens be making a strong pitch for his services, would the Steelers take a shot at his antics to keep him out of their hands.

Highly unlikely, but then again who would have thought Santonio Holmes would be traded for a late round pick?

http://s0.2mdn.net/viewad/817-grey.gif (http://ad.doubleclick.net/click;h=v8/39de/0/0/%2a/o;44306;0-0;0;32241811;17037-160/31;0/0/0;;~sscs=%3f)

Indo
07-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Florio is such a douche...(pissing on a golf course my ass)

"...some within the Steelers organization have pondered the possibility of Owens..."

Who? The janitor that cleans up the front office at night?
One of the Secretaries in the Marketing Dept.?

Maybe they're still "Shopping Ben around", too

(no offense meant to the janitor or the secretaries!)

Indo
07-21-2010, 10:11 AM
BTW,

I find it rather refreshing to be able to type "ass" and "dickhead" without having to resort to using symbols... ( typing @ss or a$$ is a pain in the ass)

and the Ravens (and (most of) their fans) are cocksuckers.:heh:

polamalubeast
07-21-2010, 04:41 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/423108-terrell-owens-unemployed-and-desperate

Terrell Owens: Unemployed and Desperate
By FootBasket (Contributor) on July 21, 2010 498
reads
comments
Written by FootBasket.com's Columnist, Chris Ross

Off the field Terrell Owens still shows the same swagger that he is so well-known for to NFL fans and players alike. Only a short time ago Owens was considered to be one of the best receivers in the game but his aging combined with his unpredictable personality has led teams to shy away from him.

With less than two weeks until training camp, Terrell Owens is left without a team and with no immediate offers on the table ‘Camp Owens’ are seemingly willing to take any offer given to them at this point.

So which team is going to be dumb or shrewd enough to give T.O. a chance to contribute to their organization?

The major problem with Owens at the moment is obviously not his steadily declining play. Teams have to weigh the costs and benefits of his attitude, and whether his play will make up for the somewhat cancerous presence that T.O. provides to a locker room.

Gone are the days when he was too talented for anything to matter. Terrell Owens is now more or less an ordinary player in the NFL, and it seems pointless for teams to take a chance on him when he is not going to necessarily provide a jolt to your offence week in and week out.

Owens right now is saying all the right things to get signed by a team, but no one really cares. He says that he doesn’t mind taking on a smaller role, a pay cut, and do whatever it takes to make it work.

Yeah, whatever you say bud.

First of all, are we supposed to believe that THE Terrell Owens is willing to do anything to make any situation a success?

T.O. could hardly handle not getting the ball every down during the prime of his career as the #1 receiver and now we are expected to think that he can handle being possibly as low as a #3 receiver.

No matter how much he has liked a quarterback, there comes a point in time where he just doesn’t get along with them anymore. Whether it is Jeff Garcia, Donovan Mcnabb, or Tony Romo, it just doesn’t matter. Moreover, it must have taken every shred of will power in Terrell Owen’s body to not snap at Buffalo Bill’s quarterback’s Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

On the other hand, the ability to shut his mouth for the better part of last year could be a sign of maturity from the 36-year-old receiver.

Well…maybe not.

In all honesty though, if you take away T.O.’s personality and just look at him as a player I think that he would make a very solid #3 receiver at this point in his career. The only thing that is gone from his repertoire is that real burst that very few receivers possess. Without that burst he is no longer a #1 receiver anymore, but if he is genuine in saying that he is willing to take a smaller role, then the #3 receiver slot may not be such a bad idea.

Although, you can’t overlook the fact that T.O. is prone to dropping passes which makes him a little less ideal to be more of a possession receiver. But even Owens himself will tell you that he has dropped balls his whole career and that should never be the issue. That’s great that he is willing to admit that he has dropped passes his whole career. However, now that he is not that same big time receiver, you are not going to be as tolerant to dropped balls anymore.

Now taking all that into consideration you could probably go either way on T.O. The thing is, Owens is a proven receiver in this league, and come crunch time would you rather rely on younger, inexperienced receiver or a 36-year-old veteran?

I’d take T.O., but then again I’m a sucker for giving guys with baggage and talent a chance.

At this point in his career, it pretty much has to be the perfect fit for Owens. The kinds of situations that work out for guys like him are more likely to be the ones where a team is already are set up to win a championship prior to the season. There already has to be a winning mentality in place, in which bringing in a #2 or #3 receiver is one of the final pieces to the puzzle. It has to be a stable organization with a quality quarterback to keep Owens in check.

There have been rumours recently about a possible T.O. signing in New England, but that has fallen through. The Patriots could be a perfect fit for Owens because it matches so many of the criteria above. They already have so many pieces in place and a couple real winners in quarterback Tom Brady and coach Bill Belichick.

I sort of alluded to this earlier but the problem that everyone realizes is if you’re bringing in Terrell Owens to be a role-playing receiver rather than a primary one, why wouldn’t you just sign someone who could probably contribute equally well but has no baggage?

Well you would do exactly that, which is why T.O. is still without a job.

It is inevitable that T.O. is going to get a job at some point this season. Either a team feels they need a little more punch offensively and decide they are going to give Owens a shot, or a team is going to be so decimated at the receiver position that their final option is bringing in T.O.

Terrell Owens will be successful if he is brought into the proper situation, but those situations are few and far between.

Even though T.O. is advertising the right product people have seen his inferior brand all too often