PDA

View Full Version : Steelers’ Woodley seeks to regain status as elite linebacker

stillers4me
08-06-2012, 05:33 AM
LaMarr Woodley already has sack years of 111⁄2, 131⁄2 and 10 in his first three seasons as a Steelers’ starting outside linebacker.

Woodley is the only player in NFL history to record at least two sacks in four consecutive postseason games and has 11 sacks in eight playoff games.

Impressive to all — except for maybe his position coach Keith Butler.

Even though Woodley has 44 sacks in 57 starts since becoming a starter in 2008, Butler believes that Woodley could be one of the best who ever played the game — if he wants to...............

Read more @ http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2338840-85/woodley-butler-league-sacks-games-lot-player-camp-goals-lamarr

Steeldude
08-06-2012, 06:26 AM
Woodley showed up at camp last year overweight, which led to a slow first month

I remember being called ignorant and a hater for saying the exact same thing. I guess Butler is ignorant and a hater too. :chuckle:

polamalubeast
08-06-2012, 07:00 AM
I remember being called ignorant and a hater for saying the exact same thing. I guess Butler is ignorant and a hater too.

Nobody said that Woodley had been good in the first 4 games

But in the next four games, Woodley was on fire!....If you are not agree, you are ignorant!

suitanim
08-06-2012, 09:51 AM
That grumpy dude said Woodley was fat and slow TWO years ago. Did he look into his crystal ball and predict the future?

Of course, he STILL blames Kordell Stewart for things that go wrong now, and blamed Arians and Woodley for everything else. Wonder who'll get the blame now that two of his three whipping boys are out of the picture?

Steeldude
08-06-2012, 12:56 PM
That grumpy dude said Woodley was fat and slow TWO years ago. Did he look into his crystal ball and predict the future?

Of course, he STILL blames Kordell Stewart for things that go wrong now, and blamed Arians and Woodley for everything else. Wonder who'll get the blame now that two of his three whipping boys are out of the picture?

I actually said it for the last two years. Didn't you say weight has no issue with speed and if it did he would have been benched. So why wasn't he benched? You said it was stupid to suggest he was out of shape.

You also believe Kordell to be a great QB who should have never been replaced. You said Tony Hills is the starting RG. You said to imply anything else would be stupid.

How many bans have you received now for trolling? 2? 3? Good job...lol

Let me know when you have to courage to debate me on your lies...lol. Or you can do what you usually do by attacking users and then running :wave:

As I have stated many times before, it's just not a thread unless Suitanim trolls it. It's your standard operating procedure on here.

Psycho Ward 86
08-06-2012, 01:16 PM
lets be older than 4 in here

steelpride12
08-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Here we go....

X-Terminator
08-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Here we go....

Uh, no we aren't...

steelerdude15
08-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Uh, no we aren't...

XT is about to put the smack down on. :chuckle:

salamander
08-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Back to the topic of the thread...

When Woodley is at the top of his game, he's a beast so let's hope he stays healthy this season.

zulater
08-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Back to the topic of the thread...

When Woodley is at the top of his game, he's a beast so let's hope he stays healthy this season.

True dat!

Psycho Ward 86
08-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Uh, no we aren't...

:lol:

Galax Steeler
08-07-2012, 04:37 AM
I have to say Woodley has had his ups and down, but when he wants to be he is one of the best pass rushers they are. Hopefully he will improve this year and get after the quarterback more then last year.

suitanim
08-07-2012, 05:43 AM
Splash player. Always has been. I HATED him when he played for the Wolverines because, why he would never do anything to LOSE games for UM, he often would find ways to create HUGE plays that would WIN games for them.

Some people understand. Some don't. No biggie...

GBMelBlount
08-07-2012, 06:21 AM
It just boggles my mind how professional football players can come into training camp (and the season) so out of shape.

Unfortunately I don't think Woodley was the only one who lacked a spark for much of last year.

It SEEMS like this year may be different...