PDA

View Full Version : Cotch a leader at wide receiver

bayz101
08-05-2012, 12:52 PM
When the Steelers reported to training camp a week ago one of the big questions was who is going to replace Hines Ward as the leader among the wide receivers.

The answer is simple – Jerricho Cotchery. Cotchery began to step up as a leader last year, but after Ward retired this offseason that role elevated. One thing Cotchery knows though is the best way for him to be looked upon as a leader, is to produce on the field.

“I think the leadership is not taken seriously unless you’re making plays,” said Cotchery. “I’m going to go out and I’m going to work and I’m going to show up every day. Hopefully the guys will see that.

“It’s all about winning a championship and what are you doing to help this team get there. I just want to hold up my end of the bargain showing up to work every day and making plays. If the guys see that maybe they’ll want to hold up their end of the bargain as well and that’s how we’re going to accomplish our ultimate goal.”

Read more: http://blog.steelers.com/2012/08/05/cotchery-a-leader-at-wr/

Devilsdancefloor
08-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Im glad he is a Steeler, i think it was a great pick up and he looks really comfortable being "the vet" guy

Galax Steeler
08-06-2012, 03:15 AM
It will be hard to replace Ward but I really like Cotchery. He will be the go to guy across the middle.

Kaeg
08-07-2012, 05:35 PM
I've liked Cotchery since the Jets. I feel like he is a natural Hines type of player. Tough up the middle. The best to fill that role on our roster imo.