PDA

View Full Version : WR Sanders healthy, motivated for Steelers

LLT
08-05-2012, 05:47 AM
August 5, 2012
muncyluminary.com

LATROBE (AP) — Emmanuel Sanders caught a touchdown pass running a fade route during a drill Saturday.

Then after Pittsburgh Steelers receivers, defensive backs and quarterbacks turned around en masse and headed to the opposite end of Chuck Noll Field, Sanders caught another touchdown pass on the next play.

That was streaking across the back of the end zone during an 11-on-11 drill. Later in practice, he added another score when he reeled in a pass with his fingertips along the end zone’s left sideline and capped off his “four-touchdown day” by catching a Ben Roethlisberger pass in stride as he was sprinting down the right sideline.

All in all, a good training camp day for Sanders.

Then again, any training camp day is a good one for Sanders — as long as he’s not in pain.

Coming off an injury-filled season that included a camp in which he was rehabbing both feet after offseason surgery, Sanders says he’s healthy, happy and ready for a breakout season.

“Oh my God, you have no idea, man,” Sanders said when asked how much better he feels this training camp as opposed to the previous one.

“Last year around this time, I was down and out. And now I have an appreciation for training camp. A lot of those guys are like, ‘Argh, I gotta go to training camp.’ I’m like, ‘Yes! Let’s go to training camp! I’m healthy, I’m finally here.’ So you know I’m enjoying it each day.”

Read More: http://www.muncyluminary.com/page/content.detail/id/248687/WR-Sanders-healthy--motivated-for-Steelers.html?isap=1&nav=5054