PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame Inductions

Chidi29
08-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Jack Butler just finished his speech. Dawson's to come in a few.

Congrats to both on being apart of the Class of 2012!!!

polamalubeast
08-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Congrats to both!!!

fansince'76
08-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Did Dirt make any mention of the concussions that he's suing the same league that just inducted him into its HoF over? :coffee:

86WARD
08-04-2012, 08:24 PM
WELL DESERVED!

steelerdude15
08-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Congrats to both of these guys. They made huge contributions for this team when they played and their impact will always be felt. Also, a huge congrats to Curtis Martin and Chris Doleman for achieving this honor as well by representing Pitt. Hail to Pitt!

zulater
08-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Did Dirt make any mention of the concussions that he's suing the same league that just inducted him into its HoF over? :coffee:

It's business, nothing personal.

GBMelBlount
08-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Jack Butler just finished his speech. Dawson's to come in a few.

Congrats to both on being apart of the Class of 2012!!!

Butler is such a great story...Just love this one...

...and congrats to Dawson as well.

Chidi29
08-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Butler is such a great story...Just love this one...

...and congrats to Dawson as well.

And loved his speech. Wouldn't expect anything else from a blue-collared guy playing in the 50s in the Steel City.

fansince'76
08-04-2012, 10:27 PM
It's business, nothing personal.

It just doesn't sit right with me.

Devilsdancefloor
08-04-2012, 10:47 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hall-of-fame/0ap2000000046253/2012-HOF-Dermontti-Dawson?continuous=true

no but he mentions iron mike

bayz101
08-04-2012, 10:52 PM
And loved his speech. Wouldn't expect anything else from a blue-collared guy playing in the 50s in the Steel City.

Me either. In my mind, he's being inducted into the HOF of a league he's contributing to the demise of by suing it. And just like any other player who's played football, he knows damn good and well the risks and long-term problems associated with a football career. I think it's just greed. But not to derail this thread, congratulations on the induction, Dirt. Great football player.

Now, here's a question for you: How long until Terrell Owens sues the NFL over his "concussion" problems? We all know he's pissed his fortune away.

fansince'76
08-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Me either. In my mind, he's being inducted into the HOF of a league he's contributing to the demise of by suing it. And just like any other player who's played football, he knows damn good and well the risks and long-term problems associated with a football career. I think it's just greed. But not to derail this thread, congratulations on the induction, Dirt. Great football player.

Now, here's a question for you: How long until Terrell Owens sues the NFL over his "concussion" problems? We all know he's pissed his fortune away.

Exactly. Probably the only reason T.O. hasn't joined the suit yet is that he's still clinging to the delusion that he's going to be signed by someone and get back into the league at some point. Roger Staubach reportedly suffered 20 concussions during his playing career, but you don't see him suing the NFL. He's also worth about $500 million. Don't think that's a coincidence.

I think it's come to a point where the NFL needs to start demanding all players to sign waivers acknowledging the health risks they already damn well know about.

Chidi29
08-04-2012, 11:06 PM

I was talking about Butler's speech but Dawson's was good too.

bayz101
08-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Exactly. Probably the only reason T.O. hasn't joined the suit yet is that he's still clinging to the delusion that he's going to be signed by someone and get back into the league at some point. Roger Staubach reportedly suffered 20 concussions during his playing career, but you don't see him suing the NFL. He's also worth about $500 million. Don't think that's a coincidence.

I think it's come to a point where the NFL needs to start demanding all players to sign waivers acknowledging the health risks they already damn well know about.

I agree, and i'm surprised that hasn't already been put in place.

zulater
08-05-2012, 06:08 AM
It just doesn't sit right with me.

Me either. But I can shelf my disillusion , particularly for a special occasion such as the one last night.