PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers have issues and look like a third-place team.

polamalubeast
08-01-2012, 08:02 PM
By Adam Schein

The Myth: Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh, and will be a top-tier contender.

The Truth: The Steelers have issues and look like a third-place team.

I respect coach Mike Tomlin. But the Pittsburgh Steelers have some major question marks. First of all, I'm not convinced the shotgun marriage between new offensive coordinator Todd Haley and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will work. What do you think NFL Network's cameras will capture on Thursday, Oct. 11, when Big Ben gets to the sideline after holding onto the ball too long against the Tennessee Titans? Have you studied the combustible Haley and Roethlisberger through the years?

Meanwhile, receiver Mike Wallace isn't in training camp. He wants Larry Fitzgerald-type money. The Steelers (wisely) won't give it to him. This situation can't be spun with the argument that Wallace knows the Steelers' system and won't be hurt by missing time -- Haley is implementing a new offense, after all.

Furthermore, running back Rashard Mendenhall is hurt. Do you trust Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer? I loved the selections of guard David DeCastro and offensive tackle Mike Adams in April's draft, but can you bank on two rookie offensive linemen?

Receiver Hines Ward is on TV. Linebacker James Farrior has left the building. Safety Troy Polamalu is older.

The Baltimore Ravens are the team to beat in the AFC North. Baltimore has a more imposing defense (even with the injury to Terrell Suggs) and a better running attack than its arch rivals in Pittsburgh.

The Cincinnati Bengals are legit. Retaining both coordinators (Jay Gruden on offense and Mike Zimmer on defense) in the offseason was huge for growth and continuity. Zimmer always gets his units to overachieve. Quarterback Andy Dalton and receiver A.J. Green will continue to blossom in Year 2. Right now, on Aug. 1, the Steelers have more issues than the Bengals.

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82af7ec8/article/busting-myths-about-broncos-49ers-mark-sancheztim-tebow?module=HP11_content_stream

vader29
08-01-2012, 08:32 PM
That is one of the funnier articles I've ever read.:D

polamalubeast
08-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Agree!...This is very funny! LOL

firstly,Several dream of seeing a meltdown between Haley and Roethlisberger, but it will not happen!

secondly, Wallace surely demand a contract of Vincent Jackson, but not the one of Fitzgerald

thirdly, Farrior and Ward were not a factor for the steelers in 2011 ..... in 2008, of course, but not in 2011!

And fourthly, the Bengals have not proven which could beat a playoff team!

GBMelBlount
08-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Agree!...This is very funny! LOL

firstly,Several dream of seeing a meltdown between Haley and Roethlisberger, but it will not happen!

secondly, Wallace surely demand a contract of Vincent Jackson, but not the one of Fitzgerald

thirdly, Farrior and Ward were not a factor for the steelers in 2011 ..... in 2008, of course, but not in 2011!

And fourthly, the Bengals have not proven which could beat a playoff team!

I was thinking these same things...although i don't think it is a big deal if haley and ben have occasional friction....sometimes that's not a bad thing.

steelerdude15
08-01-2012, 08:51 PM
What a horribly written article from another moron at NFL Network who thinks they know what they're talking about when they don't. There are not any issues between Ben and Haley, this is all a bunch of made up BS by ESPN and NFL Network for some odd reason. If the person who wrote this article was smart, he would have looked at the what the Pittsburgh media is saying. They're saying everything is fine and I'll trust the Pittsburgh media before anyone else. Second, Mikey has come out and said he doesn't want Fitzgerald money. Another stat that is wrong, but once again it doesn't surprise me. Alright, so Mendy is hurt, but we'll be fine with Issac. I bet Issac does good in the absence of Mendy and things will get better when Mendy gets back. I'm not worried about the Ravens. I can't see them repeating this year and I think the division will ultimately will be won by either us or the Bengals. Time will only tell.

Godfather
08-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Adam Schein has issues and looks like a third-rate analyst.

salamander
08-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Who the hell is Adam Schein?

tube517
08-01-2012, 09:18 PM

This

GutterflowerSteel
08-01-2012, 09:29 PM

Just a bigmouth on Sirius NFL radio - very annoying know it all type. He's teamed up with Rich Gannon on the air.

SteelerFanInStl
08-01-2012, 09:30 PM
I've never heard of the guy but I hope that all of the know-it-alls keep picking us to finish 3rd in our division. I like it better that way.

X-Terminator
08-01-2012, 09:32 PM
He says he's the "new guy" at NFL.com. Well, he's already figured out that by stirring up the hornet's nest that is Steeler Nation, hits to his articles go through the roof. Never mind the fact that he posted a bunch of trash and clearly hasn't done his homework, but still...

steelerdude15
08-01-2012, 09:35 PM
He says he's the "new guy" at NFL.com. Well, he's already figured out that by stirring up the hornet's nest that is Steeler Nation, hits to his articles go through the roof. Never mind the fact that he posted a bunch of trash and clearly hasn't done his homework, but still...
Sounds like someone from NFL Network or ESPN.

7willBheaven
08-01-2012, 10:02 PM
SMH @ some dumb ass "writers"...seems like its the same thing every year..."Steelers old" "Steelers have issues" "Injuries will hurt Steelers", etc, etc.

Lou Donny
08-01-2012, 10:32 PM
SMH @ some dumb ass "writers"...seems like its the same thing every year..."Steelers old" "Steelers have issues" "Injuries will hurt Steelers", etc, etc.

So true. the funniest part of the article is the whole "Ravens are the more imposing defense inspite of suggs injury"

uhh, how bout losing their other starting OLB (Johnson), and their starting DE (Redding), and their starting safety (Zbikowski), #2 RB (Smokey), and their starting OL (Grubbs) ON TOP of the injury to #55

Baltimore is fraudulent until proven otherwise

I am the Walrus

HollywoodSteel
08-01-2012, 10:48 PM
I've been listening to him for several years on Sirius NFL channel. He is okay but kind of schticky, ala Chris Berman. One thing for certain is that he's a Ravens fan and always predicts against the Steelers, even in years that we end up in the Super Bowl. He also loves under dog, up and comer darlings like the Bengals are right now. He's been predicting for like the past four years that the Texans will be in the playoffs so of course he's eventually right after being wrong for years. I remember he did the same number with the Saints for years before they eventually went to the Super Bowl. Don't even get me started on how he fell in love with the Jaguars after they beat the Steelers in that playoff game years ago. He started calling them "America's Team." He still does, only now it's more to be funny since not he's not predicting them to win squat anymore.

43Hitman
08-01-2012, 11:00 PM
I've been listening to him for several years on Sirius NFL channel. He is okay but kind of schticky, ala Chris Berman. One thing for certain is that he's a Ravens fan and always predicts against the Steelers, even in years that we end up in the Super Bowl. He also loves under dog, up and comer darlings like the Bengals are right now. He's been predicting for like the past four years that the Texans will be in the playoffs so of course he's eventually right after being wrong for years. I remember he did the same number with the Saints for years before they eventually went to the Super Bowl. Don't even get me started on how he fell in love with the Jaguars after they beat the Steelers in that playoff game years ago. He started calling them "America's Team." He still does, only now it's more to be funny since not he's not predicting them to win squat anymore.

Heh. Sounds like a first rate tool to me.

stillers4me
08-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Just a bigmouth on Sirius NFL radio - very annoying know it all type. He's teamed up with Rich Gannon on the air.

They are my least favorite show on Sirius. They are on around noon when I commute between offices. I usually turn the the station.

LLT
08-01-2012, 11:27 PM
If I sat down and wrote an article on a team that I didnt know...1) How they run their organization. 2) Who contributed and who didnt 3) What sort of talent they have waiting for an opportunity to start....

...THIS would be the kind of non sensical article that I would spew.

Schein hasnt a clue that Ward was a non factor last year....He isnt aware of the fact that we have two incredibly talented young recievers in Brown and Sanders who made the signing of Wallace a non urgent matter.....He doesnt realize that Lebeau's scheme is more of an asset TO talented players, then most schemes that RELY on talented players....

Good Lord!!! He calls a team that hasnt won a playoff game in 22 years, LEGIT!!!!

If I lined my bird cage with this article....the best thing on the page would develope AFTER the bird soiled on it.

steelreserve
08-01-2012, 11:39 PM
The Cincinnati Bengals are legit.

Weren't they the team that didn't beat an opponent with a winning record last year?

LLT
08-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Weren't they the team that didn't beat an opponent with a winning record last year?

Yes...and the same team that had 6 out of 8 home games blacked out due to low ticket sales.

Craic
08-02-2012, 01:44 AM
Yes...and the same team that had 6 out of 8 home games blacked out due to low ticket sales.

There we go, that's always the killshot. :chuckle:

LLT
08-02-2012, 02:24 AM
There we go, that's always the killshot. :chuckle:

The entire Bengal fanbase knows they are not legit....but Adam Schein does.

XxKnightxX
08-03-2012, 10:29 AM
I just stopped reading after the second sentence. My Bullshit meter went through the roof.

suitanim
08-03-2012, 11:07 AM
My favorite comebacker to anything Schein writes is his prediction for the Steelers in 2005. He had them at 7-9 and finishing third place and out of the playoffs. They won the Super Bowl that year.

He also picked the Steelers to finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs in 2010, and, of course, they lost to the Packers in the Super Bowl that year.

You can take any Schein prediction for the Steelers, ball it up and wipe your ass with it. That way it becomes useful...

86WARD
08-03-2012, 12:11 PM
My favorite comebacker to anything Schein writes is his prediction for the Steelers in 2005. He had them at 7-9 and finishing third place and out of the playoffs. They won the Super Bowl that year.

He also picked the Steelers to finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs in 2010, and, of course, they lost to the Packers in the Super Bowl that year.

You can take any Schein prediction for the Steelers, ball it up and wipe your ass with it. That way it becomes useful...

He's a hater that tries to act like he's not...

SteelGhost
08-03-2012, 07:18 PM
What a surprise ! Another Steeler hater "analyst/sportswriter" :horror:

:lol:

ALLD
08-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Often Shine flaps his lips to avoid dead air rather than say something other than how great the Pats are. He also lives at home in his parents basement.