PDA

View Full Version : A few minutes with Todd Haley

43Hitman
08-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Q. Has there been an effort to establish a physical mentality during camp?
A. We didn’t have any real discussions about that. That’s just the way myself and our staff believe you’ve got to play football. We need to have this training camp as part of establishing identity. We want to be a team that most importantly can run it when we want to run it and throw it when we have to throw it. That’s the key to being a successful offense, because other than that you’re keeping the defense off base. If you can run it when they know you’re going to run it, successfully, and you can throw it when they know you’re going to throw, you have a chance to be real good. That’s what we’re working on.

Read more here: http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/A-few-minutes-with-Todd-Haley/ead16fe3-4d9b-4fd2-a04a-f6ecc66ca7b2

43Hitman
08-01-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm excited to see Haley and Ben working together this year. While I expect a little drop off early on while the team is getting their feet wet, I am optimistic that they will be rolling the week after their bye.

suitanim
08-01-2012, 11:50 AM
When a coach says he expects to be able to run successfully when the defense expects it, and pass the ball when the defense expects pass, he's basically saying he expects the team to execute. As do I.