PDA

View Full Version : Randle El considered Ravens before re-joining Steelers

LLT
07-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Randle El considered Ravens before re-joining Steelers
Jamison Hensley/Baltimore Sun
July 19, 2010

Wide receiver-returner Antwaan Randle El said he considered an offer from the Ravens and a handful of other teams before re-joining the Pittsburgh Steelers in March.

He would have been an intriguing option as a No. 3 wide receiver (he caught at least 50 passes the past three seasons) and a punt returner (he ran back five punts for touchdowns from 2003 to 2006 before putting up average numbers the past three seasons).

"I just prayed to God to lead and guide me, and that is what he did," Randle El told The Northwest Indiana Times at his football camp. "Coming back to the Steelers was the best for me."

Randle El also defended Jim Zorn, his coach last season for the Washington Redskins. Zorn was fired after the season and was hired as the Ravens quarterbacks coach.

"When Jim Zorn was there, he was hands-on," Randle El said. "He had great potential, but [Redskins owner] Dan Snyder was too involved because he didn't trust coach Zorn as much as he did coach [Joe] Gibbs, and those were things that prevented us from success as a team."

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/07/randle_el_considered_ravens_before_rejoining_steel ers.html

stillers4me
07-19-2010, 08:39 AM
"I just prayed to God to lead and guide me, and that is what he did," Randle El told The Northwest Indiana Times at his football camp. "Coming back to the Steelers was the best for me."

That's because God is a Steelers fan.

steelpride12
07-19-2010, 08:42 AM
He made the right choice coming back to the team he once played for!

HughC
07-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Actually Baltimore was not the only other team he was considering ... :dizzy:

http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/recreation/article_4acc4eeb-adf2-53d9-95bd-ac92f74a1504.html

Randle El said he also considered offers from a handful of teams this spring, including Baltimore and New England, before deciding to return to the team with whom he won a Super Bowl in 2006.

TatarMongol
07-20-2010, 04:13 AM
That's because God is a Steelers fan.

;)