Lou Donny
07-31-2012, 09:40 AM
Kinda funny.
Right one the money, IMO

http://www.rooneyrants.com/2012/07/an-open-letter-to-mike-wallace_30.html:tt02:

GBMelBlount
07-31-2012, 09:49 AM
I agree.

I also think if he does not show up this week they should drop him to $500,000 simple as that.

His continued absence is arguably hurting the team now and there is no LOGICAL reason for this to continue imo.

Lou Donny
07-31-2012, 12:23 PM
It will definitely beinteresting to see if/when they drop the tender offer.

If Mike continues to hold out...he's leaving the FO no other choice IMO

GBMelBlount
07-31-2012, 12:50 PM
Agreed, he has basically shown that he is looking at this purely as a financial / business decision.

The Steelers are completely justified in now doing the same.

st33lersguy
07-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Teams won't be willing to pay Wallace Fitzgerald money if he continues to hold out

Lou Donny
07-31-2012, 04:37 PM
When he becomes a UFA...he will definitely get huge jack.

Lotsa idiots out there pretending to be GMs.

But he has to play by the rules for one more year....till then, the man is holding him down, whether he likes it or not

I am the walrus

Pristas
07-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Great quote recently by a fan on Twitter:

Mike Wallace has been demanding Larry Fitzgerald like money, while Antonio Brown is satisfied with Mike Wallace's money.

SMR
07-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Agreed, he has basically shown that he is looking at this purely as a financial / business decision.

The Steelers are completely justified in now doing the same.

EXACTLY!

Count Steeler
07-31-2012, 05:39 PM
Wallace has NO leverage. He has to get to camp and get moving. Day by day, he is only hurting himself.

Lou Donny
08-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Heard it on a podcast the other day...
"Once again, no news on the Wallace front. That wasnt a bad thing during the time leading up to the draft. That wasnt a bad thing during the March free agent period. No news USED to be good news. That ended when camp opened. No news is no longer good news"

Wallace is really starting to piss me off

gosteelers
08-02-2012, 10:25 AM
First off, he isn't asking for fitz money, he wants jackson money. And now i think his pride has been hurt, by the FO giving brown the money and him being the macho type player that figures he would get what he wanted and now has to sign for a measley 2.7 mil.........he's too embarrassed to show up at camp.

Devilsdancefloor
08-02-2012, 11:25 AM
mike should talk to mike merriweather and soon. I really think the steelers put a deal on the table probably close to jackson money, but he or his agent said nah to it.

steelreserve
08-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Notice how the part about "no leverage" keeps coming up. Pretty much that. You'll get your big money next year, maybe even this year, as long as you don't do anything stupid that would work against you. Now what exactly could be an example of something stupid like that? :noidea:

MT~Forged
08-03-2012, 11:12 PM
I also think if he does not show up this week they should drop him to $500,000 simple as that.

You do realize that option passed a while ago, right?

Lou Donny
08-03-2012, 11:47 PM
I would be curious to know exactly what the FO can and cannot do.

I have heard it both ways.

It makes little sense to me that he will still be able to sign a 2.7 million dollar tender if he were to hold out till the last possible minute (which i think is wk 10)...so i am assuming they STILL have the option of lowering the tender.

Cant imagine a guy can earn the same amount for a 1/3 of the work

GBMelBlount
08-04-2012, 06:31 AM
You do realize that option passed a while ago, right?

Welcome to the board MT forged. :drink:

I just looked it up. Thanks!