PDA

View Full Version : What NFL storyline intrigues you the most in '10?

tony hipchest
07-18-2010, 11:02 PM
we have a similar thread in the steeler forum about what you are looking most forward to. i look forward to many things in the nfl besides the steelers. from the saints repeat efforts, to favre returning for his 28th year, there are many compelling storylines to follow in the upcoming year.

what is yours and why?

teh redskins have pretty much been the bottom dwellers (and least successful team in their division) and despite HUGE splash plays such as bringing back gibbs, and signing haynesworth/sanders/et randel al they continue to suck.

however the trade for d. mcnabb is almost flying under the radar. i think this may go down as the best move snyder has ever made.

ive always been a fan of mcnabb. i look forward to watching him play with his new team.

Mattsme
07-18-2010, 11:06 PM
I agree with you about Mcnabb. I think he will be a huge addition to the skins. I think Dallas still stands in their way though, as much as I hate them.

Oh, and brett favre.

Definitely farve.

tony hipchest
07-18-2010, 11:29 PM
lol... you almost disappointed me there.

brett favre (secretly #1 on my list) represents the former train wreck that is now like a locomotive that can take man to the moon and return them safely back to earth, and shit.

brett favre = bubble boy X 1,000,000.

i agree that washington wont win the division (i think it will be a struggle for them to make the playoffs) but as far as individual games are concerned, it is gonna be fun and hopefully a bunch of good games, watching donovan try.

my 3rd most anticipated story line is the AZ cardinals. they are in a point of transition much like us. plus they are steelers west and my local team. i think they are greatly underestimated with the retirement of warner and mike singletary grabbing his team by the balls. that should be a good divisional battle.

lots of great stories going into this year such as brandon marshall, chris johnson, brett favre, pete carroll, peyton manning just will not die, but the 3 above are definitely my favorites.

brett favre

MasterOfPuppets
07-18-2010, 11:47 PM
you've pointed out mcnabb to the skins, but equally interesting will be the iggles without mcnabb ... nothing against kolb, but i hope he stinks it up just for their degenerate fans .

tony hipchest
07-18-2010, 11:55 PM
dallas has already been anointed, kinda like the chargers always have been. the chargers ended on a 10 game win streak and its pretty obvious a team of trained midgets could win that division, but there comes a time and place where the "most talented team" mantra runs dry.

i hope ANYONE can win the NFC east over the cowboys (even kolb and the eagles). im already hearing how great it will be for them, that if they win the division and a bye and advance to the superbowl, they will get to do it spending 5 weeks at home. :doh:

with that being said, i have about as much rooting interest in the eagles now as i do the packers. pretty much indifferent.

SirHulka
07-19-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm kinda interested in what happens in Denver. That looks like a train wreck waiting for an opportunity to happen.

silver & black
07-19-2010, 05:59 AM
I'm kinda interested in what happens in Denver. That looks like a train wreck waiting for an opportunity to happen.

I'll be watching with anticipation for the pile up after the crash. :grin:

Aussie_steeler
07-19-2010, 06:11 AM
I'll be watching with anticipation for the pile up after the crash. :grin:

And I will be waiting to see if Ray Lewis gets credited with the tackle when he jumps on top of the pile

JonM229
07-19-2010, 06:31 AM
And I will be waiting to see if Ray Lewis gets credited with the tackle when he jumps on top of the pile

Zing!!

Of course he will. Tackles are recorded by the team.

Butch
07-19-2010, 06:46 AM
I will be watching the *Cough, Cough* Elite tony romo lead those already ordained cryboys. Also watching how Santonio performs with the jets.

SteelerSal
07-19-2010, 08:00 AM
Well for me it will be how our Steelers will do with the absence of Ben and then how Ben will handle his return at home and especially on the road in hostile enviroments.
I honesty could care less about what other teams are trying to do to improve...only one team matters to me.

SirHulka
07-19-2010, 08:14 AM
:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Dino 6 Rings
07-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Besides anything Steelers related, I agree with the McNabb line, its going to be fun to watch, and I also hope Dallas gets their asses handed to them every week.

But I also want to see Pete (the cheater) Carroll FAIL! that guy is a fcking scumbagg in my opinion. I hope Seattle goes winless.

SteelGhost
07-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Besides the Steelers...

McNabb of course, and the new RB corps of the Redskins
The Eagles with Kolb or ¿?
The Raiders with Campbell at QB
Santo without Big Ben
Marsha and the Pats* a year older :chuckle:
Tony Cryboy choking .... again

BigNastyDefense
07-19-2010, 01:30 PM
The New York Jets. Headlines are giving them the AFC.

The Eagles minus McNabb. If Kolb starts out losing, he's going to hear those Philthy Boo Birds.

The Redskins plus McNabb. He's a good QB, lets see if he can situate the mess that is the Redskins offense.

Will the Saints be able to come back and win the NFC South? Or will they have a SB Hangover?