PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Inside the Ropes (7/30/12)

stillers4me
07-30-2012, 05:33 AM
• The much-anticipated one-on-one live linemen drills took place for the first time Sunday with mixed results from rookies David DeCastro and Mike Adams, who stood up fellow Ohio State alum Cameron Heyward on his first attempt, with Heyward getting even the next time through. Meanwhile, DeCastro didn’t fare as well; Corbin Bryant pushed right through him and to the quarterback on his first attempt.

• A day after “backs on ‘backers,” the Steelers’ competitive session was tight ends on linebackers, with the objective of the tight end setting the edge. While Leonard Pope looked good against backup Brandon Hicks, it was second-year tight end Weslye Saunders who stole the show. Saunders capped his performance by dominating 6-foot-5, 245-pound linebacker Brandon Johnson..............

read more @ http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2288303-85/getting-heyward-rookie-tight-steelers-attempt-brandon-david-decastro-drills

Pristas
07-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Good read. I hope DeCastro wakes up. And I like that there are some skirmishes on both sides of the line. Best quote "Get back here, you're getting your ass beat anyway." -John Mitchell to Iggy.