PDA

View Full Version : Keenan Lewis Suffers Shoulder Injury

LLT
07-30-2012, 04:37 AM
July 30, 2012 12:00 AM
cbslocal.com

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The FAN) — Steelers cornerback Keenan Lewis suffered a setback Sunday, injuring his shoulder in day five of training camp at St. Vincent College in Latrobe.

Lewis sprained the AC joint in his shoulder, according to multiple reports. He was involved in a collision on the sideline when he sustained the injury.

The injury is not believed to be serious, though he will likely miss several days of camp in order to recover.

Lewis is competing for a starting job at cornerback. Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen, both second-year players, will see more snaps as Lewis recovers.

Other Injury News:

•Rookie guard David DeCastro and tackle Trai Essex both suffered minor ankle injuries Sunday.
•Tight end Heath Miller remained out Sunday with an ankle injury of his own.
•Punter Jeremy Kapinos remained out as well with back stiffness.

Read More: http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/07/30/keenan-lewis-suffers-shoulder-injury/

SteelGhost
07-30-2012, 09:59 AM
Hope it isn't a serious injury :pray:

Psycho Ward 86
07-30-2012, 11:19 AM
This is Allen's big chance. Kapinos sitting out with an injury? This is Butler's time to shine too.

Deebo
07-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Depending on the severity of the sprain, it could be a couple of days or several weeks. I sprained mine pretty bad in college and couldn't do a pushup for over a month.

Devilsdancefloor
07-30-2012, 03:04 PM
well doesnt sound to serious, but i am guessing brown and allen are not looking back at all. i agree it is time for butler to shine bright

Chidi29
07-30-2012, 03:12 PM
This is Allen's big chance. Kapinos sitting out with an injury? This is Butler's time to shine too.

Brown was actually inserted with the first team ahead of Allen. I'm sure Allen will get reps too, but it's telling that they went to Brown first.

Pristas
07-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Brown was actually inserted with the first team ahead of Allen. I'm sure Allen will get reps too, but it's telling that they went to Brown first.

I'm surprised by this, especially after all the hype I've been reading about Cortez Allen. Maybe this is that last little push for him to possibly have to earn the spot? This is assuming that Lewis has lost it, which he may or may not.

Chidi29
07-30-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm surprised by this, especially after all the hype I've been reading about Cortez Allen. Maybe this is that last little push for him to possibly have to earn the spot? This is assuming that Lewis has lost it, which he may or may not.

Tomlin has been high on both of them. Regardless of who is #2-4, they'll all have roles in this defense.

steelerdude15
07-30-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm not too worried about these injuries. They all sound small, but we'll see how it affects Lewis for the rest of training camp. We'll have to watch over him closely.

Psycho Ward 86
07-30-2012, 08:37 PM

sweet, im happy with that after all the hype ive read about allen as well. Trying to imagine what itll be like having 4 solid/strong cornerbacks on our roster come the regular season...dare to dream? :pray:

steelerdude15
07-30-2012, 09:22 PM
sweet, im happy with that after all the hype ive read about allen as well. Trying to imagine what itll be like having 4 solid/strong cornerbacks on our roster come the regular season...dare to dream? :pray:
That would be awesome. How many years have the Steelers has it been since we had a good corner core? Too long in my opinion, I'll take four solid corners.

LLT
07-31-2012, 02:22 AM

Probably says more about Lewis's injury being relatively minor. I think its pretty well known that Allen is a better CB (at this point) than Brown....so the fact that they are not pulling Allen off of the nickel slot tells me that they expect Lewis to be back soon.

If Lewis was going to be out for some time...I think Allen would be moved to play opposite of Ike and Brown would be inserted into the nickel slot. With a minor injury....they probably wouldnt move Allen from the position that he is trying to learn.