PDA

View Full Version : Dermontti Dawson pulls in highest honor with Pro Football Hall of Fame induction

LLT
07-30-2012, 04:28 AM
Monday, July 30, 2012
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The late morning sun was beating on Dermontti Dawson's head, and already he was sweating as though he were going through another practice at training camp.

He was in his element, to be sure -- on grass as green as an Irish pasture with a ball positioned perfectly in his stance. And, just as he did for 13 seasons in the NFL, all with the Steelers, his next move was an impressive combination of gazelle-like grace and rhinoceros-like power.

"Man, that felt good," Dawson said, watching his tee shot sail through the air and split another fairway at Allegheny Country Club. "There's nothing quite like it, I don't think."

The golf course is Dawson's competitive field these days -- that, and the gym -- and there really is nothing different about his preparation, his enthusiasm, his determination and, most definitely, his execution. Everything Dawson does seems so simple, so effortless, just as it did on the football field when his style, athleticism and perfection changed the way the center position was played in the NFL.

Read more: http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/12212/1250249-66.stm#ixzz2263017cQ

fansince'76
07-30-2012, 07:22 AM
Yet he's suing the same league that is inducting him into its HoF. Doesn't sit quite right...

Michael
07-30-2012, 09:14 AM
The guys playing golf and working out in the gym every day. Sounds like his previous employer was physically abusive. This hypocrisy is beyond my acceptance. I hope there is a minimal of Steeler fans at the HOF inuction and the chant is "Sue the NFL" rather than here we go Steelers. Who is giving the induction speech , Gordon Gekko.