PDA

View Full Version : Wide receiver Cotchery glad to help young, talented group

stillers4me
07-28-2012, 06:31 AM
Jerricho Cotchery long admired Hines Ward from afar, the passion he displayed and the intensity he self-demanded while playing a skill position with the physicality and the mindset of a defensive player.

Cotchery found himself thinking, “Now that’s the way to play wide receiver.”

“He just plays the game the right way, tough, hard and physical,” Cotchery said.

After becoming Ward’s teammate with the Steelers last season, Cotchery’s respect for Ward grew even more because he saw how a player unaccustomed to taking off a single play suddenly had to adjust to taking off most of a game as his playing time shrunk during his final NFL season...............

Read more @ http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2265607-85/cotchery-ward-receiver-steelers-season-game-jets-catches-definitely-hines

Count Steeler
07-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Sounds like a fine group of men. Here's to a successful season and potential realized.

Bluecoat96
07-28-2012, 07:46 AM
it’s definitely going to be different without Hines. Steeler Nation has been seeing No. 86 on the field for the last 15 years, so it’s definitely going to be different,” receiver Emmanuel Sanders said. “Up in our receivers room, it’s definitely going to be different. But Jerricho, Antonio (Brown) and myself are going to lead the room in the right direction. The way Hines taught us.”

Sounds like Sanders gets it as well. I'm becoming just fine with the idea of having "just" Brown, Cotchery, and Sanders as our top 3 receivers. That's still pretty damn good in my humble opinion.

ALLD
07-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Now are castoffs only need to travel up river to retire with another team than going to the desert.

The Duke
07-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Sounds like Sanders gets it as well. I'm becoming just fine with the idea of having "just" Brown, Cotchery, and Sanders as our top 3 receivers. That's still pretty damn good in my humble opinion.

yup

just hopefulyl Clemons and even Rainey follow suit