PDA

View Full Version : Cook: Big Ben should talk to holdout

LLT
07-27-2012, 05:15 AM
Friday, July 27, 2012
By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Bet you anything there isn't one Steelers player who holds it against Mike Wallace for not being at training camp. Players know better than anyone that the NFL is a cold, cruel, ugly business. Wallace's contract issue today could be theirs next July. They want to see Wallace get every dollar he can. They're going to want theirs when the time comes.

But that doesn't mean that one of Wallace's teammates -- that would be you, Big Ben -- shouldn't intervene and tell him he's going about this contract thing all wrong. The Steelers have all the leverage. Wallace has none. He can't win by staying away from camp. He can't make the really big money unless he plays this season for the Steelers. They no longer will negotiate a long-term contract with him unless he gets to camp. He has to sign his one-year franchise tender for $2,742,000, report to work at Saint Vincent College and allow his people and their people to get back to work on the contract business.

Where's Jerome Bettis when you need him?

It was Bettis who stepped up for Hines Ward when Ward faced a similar contract dilemma with the Steelers and missed a lot of camp before the 2005 season.

Read more: http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/12209/1249579-87.stm#ixzz21ohTDbTg

Count Steeler
07-27-2012, 05:24 AM
I thought Ike already spoke out to Wallace? Anyways, why should it be Ben? Why doesn't he call out Heath?

I just don't like the premise of the article.

Nadroj 20
07-27-2012, 08:57 AM
The only person this is up to is Mike Wallace! The ultimatum has been placed on the table. Show up or don't.

GBMelBlount
07-27-2012, 09:12 AM
I wonder if there are any teams that need an all pro receiver more than their all pro defensive back.

No bashing please, it's the off season and there is not much else to talk about. :chuckle:

43Hitman
07-27-2012, 12:03 PM
I wonder if there are any teams that need an all pro receiver more than their all pro defensive back.

No bashing please, it's the off season and there is not much else to talk about. :chuckle:

Hey, I'd be down for that kind of trade.

Devilsdancefloor
07-27-2012, 01:33 PM
i agree with count why call ben out?? He is probably closer to the other WR why not call out AB or Manny?