PDA

View Full Version : Roots of football touted on T-shirts

LLT
07-25-2012, 04:41 AM
By Stacey Federoff TribLive
Tuesday, July 24, 2012,

As the Steelers trek to training camp in Latrobe this week, an orange T-shirt with a large “L” acts as a tribute to a team that played in the city more than 100 years ago.

John K. Brallier III bought one from Pittsburgh-based Believe Merch as a tribute to his grandfather that harkens to 1895. With the Latrobe Athletic Association club, his grandfather, John Kinports Brallier, was one of the first football players paid to play the sport.

“I think if you’re interested in the roots of football, it comes back to Western Pa.,” Brallier, 68, of Charleston, W.Va., said. George Lampman, owner of Believe Merch, took an interest in the history of football in the region after starting his T-shirt company five years ago.

Lampman, a 45-year-old graphic designer from Dormont, said he loved to show his pride for the region’s football heritage but wasn’t impressed with T-shirts he saw in Pittsburgh’s Strip District.

“I wanted to do something a little bit more artisitic and of better quality,” he said.

Read More: http://triblive.com/news/2230205-74/latrobe-brallier-football-pittsburgh-john-history-ponko-shirts-game-lampman

43Hitman
07-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Cool article. Thanks for sharing that LLT, I learned a little something this morning.