07-24-2012, 01:09 PM
#Steelers announce Mike Tomlin contract extension thru 2016

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/227826580032983040

Devilsdancefloor
07-24-2012, 01:11 PM
great news

steelpride12
07-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Great news and well deserved, great to see Tomlin is sticking around!

ALLD
07-24-2012, 03:31 PM
I doubt he wants to go back to Minnesota or Tampa.

Edman
07-24-2012, 03:51 PM
55-25 Career Record. 2 Super Bowl Appearances. One Super Bowl Win. Wins Home AFC Title games. No losing seasons. Solid Drafting.

I say to this day 2010 was his finest coaching job even if he didn't win the Super Bowl. That season solidified his place in Pittsburgh. He's faced questions of wether or not he could fill Noll and Cowher's shoes and carry on the winning tradition, and he's answered it in a big way. Tomlin is the real deal.

Yeah, Mike has earned it. I'm glad he's our coach.

X-Terminator
07-24-2012, 03:59 PM
55-25 Career Record. 2 Super Bowl Appearances. One Super Bowl Win. Wins Home AFC Title games. No losing seasons. Solid Drafting.

I say to this day 2010 was his finest coaching job even if he didn't win the Super Bowl. That season solidified his place in Pittsburgh. He's faced questions of wether or not he could fill Noll and Cowher's shoes and carry on the winning tradition, and he's answered it in a big way. Tomlin is the real deal.

With all of that success, it's hard to fathom that he has many detractors in the fan base. But sadly, he does. So they will not like this news one bit. As for me, it's a well-earned and well-deserved extension that I hope puts him among the highest-paid coaches in the league.

polamalubeast
07-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Edman

I am very agreed to 2010

It was very impressive that the Steelers were in the Super Bowl despite a dreadful offseason

ALLD
07-24-2012, 04:23 PM

Mike will remind you that he has a Super Bowl ring with the Bucs, the Tampa variety, not the Pitt kind.

stillers4me
07-24-2012, 04:38 PM
At this juncture, it is a smart football move.

:heh:

Austin87
07-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Great news!

vader29
07-24-2012, 04:49 PM
It is what it is and I am happy that his contract was extended. :tt02:

Edman
07-24-2012, 04:50 PM
With all of that success, it's hard to fathom that he has many detractors in the fan base. But sadly, he does. So they will not like this news one bit. As for me, it's a well-earned and well-deserved extension that I hope puts him among the highest-paid coaches in the league.

Some people would rather be right than have their team be successful. Tomlin could add two more Championships to his resume and he won't be accepted.

You can't really discredit two Super Bowl appearances in three years and five consecutive winning seasons even if you don't like the guy. That is amazing stuff. We have poor selective memories as Steeler fans. Would we rather go back to the "glorious" Cowher years losing all of the AFC Championship games in Pittsburgh and waiting another 10 years for another shot at the big game (which we thankfully won). Tomlin in 2-0 in AFC Title games and doesn't have a 1994 San Diego-level debacle to his resume.

But whatever, Tomlin has more work ahead of him and I have all the confidence that he will lead the Steelers to the top once again.

stillers4me
07-24-2012, 04:56 PM
In other NFL cities, this would be big news. Not here. Not in Pittsburgh, where the resident NFL team has taken the concept and turned it into an art form. For the Pittsburgh Steelers, the announcement of a contract extension for Coach Mike Tomlin is good news. Surprising, stunning, it’s not.

The Steelers and Tomlin now have an agreement that keeps them working together through the 2016 NFL season. For bookkeeping purposes, this deal is a three-year extension on his existing one, and the press release announcing it describes it as a “new five-year contract.” Tomlin has signed two extensions now since being hired in 2007.

In a business where a pair of socks can outlast a head coach’s tenure with a particular team, the Steelers are continuing an extraordinary run of success with the men they hire for that job. Starting with the decision to hire Chuck Noll in 1969, the Steelers have had three men coach the team, and each one has won a championship. For example, by contrast, the Miami Dolphins have had three OWNERS over that same period, yet without the similar success.............

read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Tomlin-Steelers-are-a-good-fit/945f9757-7ac1-4c44-9563-8ee9f1fd65b1

Count Steeler
07-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Good to see this out of the way. You ain't going anywhere Mike. You need add a few more SBs to our hallways.

SMR
07-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Some people would rather be right than have their team be successful. Tomlin could add two more Championships to his resume and he won't be accepted.

You can't really discredit two Super Bowl appearances in three years and five consecutive winning seasons even if you don't like the guy. That is amazing stuff. We have poor selective memories as Steeler fans. Would we rather go back to the "glorious" Cowher years losing all of the AFC Championship games in Pittsburgh and waiting another 10 years for another shot at the big game (which we thankfully won). Tomlin in 2-0 in AFC Title games and doesn't have a 1994 San Diego-level debacle to his resume.

But whatever, Tomlin has more work ahead of him and I have all the confidence that he will lead the Steelers to the top once again.

Beautiful!

GBMelBlount
07-24-2012, 05:20 PM
C O O L

polamalubeast
07-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Cowher was also a very good coach for the steelers.

We must be remembered that he not had a franchise QB before 2004 and he made ​​two AFC title game with Kordell Stewart

fansince'76
07-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Congrats, Coach T! :drink:

tube517
07-24-2012, 06:01 PM
At this juncture, it is a smart football move.

:heh:

I don't subscribe to that Hocus Pocus! :chuckle:

43Hitman
07-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Clearly Mike Tomlin's coaching has been above the line.

steelerdude15
07-24-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm glad to see this. Mike is staying with us for a long time.

SteelGhost
07-24-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm a VERY happy Steeler Fan :rockon:

Glad to know Tomlin will be defending every blade of grass through 2016 :tt02:

Carolina Steelers
07-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Mikey T here to stay for awhile i never had any doubts but like others stated good this is out of the way!! No back to winning Super Bowl #7!!!!

Edman
07-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Check This Out. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68&f=1897&t=9171375&p=3

"Correct. Winning with Stewart, Tomzack, Graham, or Maddox is hard. Yet Cowher did that, and was rarely upset by lesser teams."

The revisionist history at work. We never lost games we should've won under Cowher. Nosiree, Bob. This certainly didn't happen under Cowher. We were all ready and set for opponents. Nope. THIS GAME never happened. Just saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmLO67uIdI8