PDA

View Full Version : Position battles will provide plenty of intrigue at Steelers camp

LLT
07-24-2012, 05:01 AM
Position battles will provide plenty of intrigue at Steelers camp
Tribune-Review
By Alan Robinson
Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Just because a player is currently in a favorable position doesn’t mean he’ll still be there be when Steelers training camp winds down and the students — not the millionaires — occupy the Saint Vincent College dorms.

Jobs are won and lost, careers are jump-started or prematurely ended, hopes are raised and expectations are dashed every July and August. The Division I star figures out that college success doesn’t guarantee multiple Pro Bowls; the barely known Division II player realizes he could have succeeded in big-boy major college ball.

Read More: http://triblive.com/sports/2242851-85/steelers-camp-job-adams-mike-position-decastro-alan-brown-college

steelerdude15
07-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Pretty good article. I have a feeling that Max will start at LT and David with start at RG. However, I feel that eventually, Mike will take over at LT sometime during the year.

Devilsdancefloor
07-24-2012, 10:44 AM
i can not wait to see the CB competition!

ALLD
07-24-2012, 03:33 PM
No QB controversy in Pitt.

Austin87
07-24-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm interested to see who will win the 5th WR spot, we have a lot of mostly unknown guys battling it out for that one spot.

steelreserve
07-24-2012, 05:02 PM
I misread the title as "Poison Battles" and had this great picture in my head of this chaotic brawl with a bunch of players trying to splash each other with the contents of brown glass bottles with skull-and-crossbone labels on them. That's a real man's way to earn a starting job.

Hindes204
07-24-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm interested to see who will win the 5th WR spot, we have a lot of mostly unknown guys battling it out for that one spot.

Im rooting for the local kid Clemons