PDA

View Full Version : LB Joey Porter tells me he plans to retire this year as a member of the steelers

polamalubeast
07-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Linebacker Joey Porter played for three teams over the course of a 13-year career. Porter knows which organization he wants to end with.

Porter told me today that he plans to retire as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Specifically, Porter said he would be honored to do so.

“That’s where I started at,” Porter told me on the driving range before a practice round of the American Century Celebrity Golf Classic in South Lake Tahoe. “It’ll be an honor to go out there and retire as a Steeler. Started there, end there. Thirteen years. I never thought I’d play that long when I first started.”

The four-time Pro Bowler finishes with 170 starts, 503 tackles and 98 sacks. He is 35 years old and most recently played for the Cardinals. The assumption last year was that this would happen. He also spent three seasons in Miami. Now, Porter says he wants to join the media.

Anyway, allow Porter to explain it all.

“I plan on retiring this year,” Porter said. “I already talked to the Steelers, put some plans together on signing with the Steelers and retiring as a Steeler. It was a good career. I have no regrets about nothing.”

read more

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/07/18/live-from-tahoe-veteran-nfl-lb-joey-porter-says-hes-retiring-as-a-member-of-the-steelers/?module=HP11_headline_stack

zulater
07-18-2012, 04:09 PM
J Peezy was dominating in the Steelers Super Bowl XL title run. Welcome home Joey!

polamalubeast
07-18-2012, 04:14 PM
J Peezy was dominating in the Steelers Super Bowl XL title run. Welcome home Joey!

especially against the Colts

tube517
07-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Who is Jerramy Stevens?

zulater
07-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Who is Jerramy Stevens?

Classic Joey! :lol:

st33lersguy
07-18-2012, 05:43 PM
I wish Joey good luck in his future plans

ALLD
07-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Definitely a mean son-of-a-bitch and glad he was on our team.

polamalubeast
07-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Joey Porter Steelers locker room celebration post-Indy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpOG9K02F_g&feature=youtu.be

86WARD
07-18-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm kind of partial to his Cowher Impression.

steelerdude15
07-18-2012, 08:31 PM
He as a competitor to say the least and he was one mean son of a gun. Definitely the leader for a few years and played his guts out that made him one of the best OLB in the NFL at that time. Glad to see he wants to retire a Steeler.

fansince'76
07-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Never a big fan of his mouth, but definitely appreciated his contributions on the field. Good luck in all your future endeavors, Joey.

GBMelBlount
07-18-2012, 11:03 PM
He was a competitor to say the least and he was one mean son of a gun. Definitely the leader for a few years and played his guts out that made him one of the best OLB in the NFL at that time. Glad to see he wants to retire a Steeler.

Especially after they shot him in the ass in denver...:chuckle:

Great player, Great teammate, Great Steeler.

Thank you Joey.

Butch
07-19-2012, 05:35 AM
Joey was a HUGE leader of this team, we were lucky that Jame Harrison came back and filled in to fill his shoes on the field, but nobody could do what Joey did the way Joey did it.

Joey had a Great career it's great to see him coming back home to da' Burgh!!!

NJarhead
07-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Who is Jerramy Stevens?

Joey
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
Jeramy

lol.

Welcome back home Peezy!!!

zulater
07-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Joey was a HUGE leader of this team, we were lucky that Jame Harrison came back and filled in to fill his shoes on the field, but nobody could do what Joey did the way Joey did it.

Joey had a Great career it's great to see him coming back home to da' Burgh!!!

Well stated Butch! :applaudit:

steelpride12
07-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Peezy def. deserves to retire a Steeler. Loved everything about the guy, his hard-ass mentality, and yes even his mouth. Welcome home!