PDA

View Full Version : Could the 2012 Season Be James Harrison's Last with the Pittsburgh Steelers?

polamalubeast
07-16-2012, 04:48 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/07/kaboly-predicts-2012-will-be-final-season-for-james-harrison-with-steelers/

ALLD
07-16-2012, 04:54 PM
I agree with whatever James Harrison says.

GBMelBlount
07-16-2012, 05:36 PM
To me Harrison personifies what "Steelers football" is all about.

The day he retires will be a very sad day.

SteelerFanInStl
07-16-2012, 06:06 PM
To me Harrison personifies what "Steelers football" is all about.

The day he retires will be a very sad day.

I agree 100%. I certainly hope that he has many more seasons in the black & gold.

steelerdude15
07-16-2012, 08:25 PM
I don't think this will be his last year. I think he still has a couple more years left in him.

SteelGhost
07-16-2012, 09:10 PM
I hope his back holds up at least until his contract expires, he's a monster Steeler player.

Pristas
07-16-2012, 09:19 PM
My problem with this post is that we may be entering into a period where we go in and out of making the playoffs. It would seem that we haven't had a major superstar arise the likes of Big Ben, Harrison, Polamalu in too long. Maybe Pouncey, but it's hard to tell. We used to have Bettis, Lloyd and to some degree Ward and Faneca. Who is the next bigtime superstar? We need a guy on the defense to really step up. I was really hopeful for Woodley and Timmons, but I just haven't seen lights-out-play from either one of them. I'm talking game-changing plays, every game. How many turnovers did we produce last season? Seriously, wasn't it the lowest in the NFL? We need someone to light a major fire on the D. It seems like the offense will have it's spark, but with Troy and James' lights slowly fading to Canton, we need a new hero to arise. Spence? Allen? Hood? Ta'Amu? Heyward? Someone needs to go full beast-mode this season!!! Troy and James aren't going to be with us forever...

SteelGhost
07-16-2012, 09:35 PM
My problem with this post is that we may be entering into a period where we go in and out of making the playoffs. It would seem that we haven't had a major superstar arise the likes of Big Ben, Harrison, Polamalu in too long. Maybe Pouncey, but it's hard to tell. We used to have Bettis, Lloyd and to some degree Ward and Faneca. Who is the next bigtime superstar? We need a guy on the defense to really step up. I was really hopeful for Woodley and Timmons, but I just haven't seen lights-out-play from either one of them. I'm talking game-changing plays, every game. How many turnovers did we produce last season? Seriously, wasn't it the lowest in the NFL? We need someone to light a major fire on the D. It seems like the offense will have it's spark, but with Troy and James' lights slowly fading to Canton, we need a new hero to arise. Spence? Allen? Hood? Ta'Amu? Heyward? Someone needs to go full beast-mode this season!!! Troy and James aren't going to be with us forever...

Good post Pristas, I hope Brown and Wallace (if he stays in B & G) to be the next superstar receivers, Woodley and Timmons in the LB'ers corps, the secondary will suffer a lot when Troy retires he's one of a kind and it's impossible to find his replacement anytime soon.

Steeldude
07-17-2012, 06:48 AM

Yep, with Polamalu and Harrison leaving(few years or less) the Steelers need someone to replace them. IMO, I don't see anyone on the roster making impacts like Polamalu and Harrison.

Pristas
07-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Yep, with Polamalu and Harrison leaving(few years or less) the Steelers need someone to replace them. IMO, I don't see anyone on the roster making impacts like Polamalu and Harrison.

Truth is, with Harrison's back issues, we could have him for 8 games and then he retires. There's only so much soft stuff between vertebrae and when it's gone, pain replaces it. With Troy, he used to be fast enough that if he made the wrong guess, he could compensate. Last year I saw him get out of position, never to return. Not saying that either one of these guys can't still do it. I'm just saying they are not what they once were. It's actually surprising that we were the number one overall defense in the league last year. And maybe the system is such that we don't need a superstar defender as long as everyone plays their assignment. Or maybe we can all cheer Cortez Allen on as he is the second coming of Ed Reed... it could happen...

Psycho Ward 86
07-17-2012, 11:44 AM
wouldnt surprise me if this was his last year. i think people forget just how big that contract of his was. maybe he'll be good trade bait

BnG_Hevn
07-17-2012, 11:50 AM
What did the article say, I didn't make it past the Steelers.Either aren't going to afford part of the article.

I can't stand hack writers, but even worse are ones that not only can't write well, but put grammatical error in large, bold font.

Unless I'm missing something of course.

steeldawg
07-17-2012, 01:53 PM
I think harrison will be easier to replace than troy will, but both will be missed.