PDA

View Full Version : Steelers star Bradshaw becoming pitchman for RV company

Galax Steeler
07-17-2010, 04:39 AM
Saturday, July 17, 2010
The Associated Press

MIDDLEBURY, Ind. -- Football Hall of Famer Terry Bradshaw has agreed to become the pitchman for an Indiana company that promotes its recreational vehicles as more environmentally friendly than those of its competitors.

The NFL commentator and former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback is now a part owner of EverGreen Recreational Vehicles in Middlebury, which is owned by his golfing buddy, Kelly Rose. Bradshaw said he would become the company's face by traveling to trade shows and publicizing its RVs, Rose said Thursday.

"This is good for me," Bradshaw said during the announcement. "This makes me an entrepreneur. I can't spell it, but I am one."

Rose started the company with 18 employees in 2008. The company now has about 100 workers, and makes travel trailers that it says are more fuel efficient because they're 20 percent lighter and built with more recyclable materials.

Bradshaw said he's confident of success for Evergreen, which was founded at a time when many RV companies in the area had cut hundreds of jobs because of the recession.

Bradshaw, a commentator for FOX, owns a ranch where he raises cattle and horses. Rose said Bradshaw has a personality that will help EverGreen's business.

"He's down-home," Rose said. "He fits the RV lifestyle perfectly. He's got character and he is a character."

Rose said he became friends with Bradshaw after he started golfing with him in Florida a few years ago and asked him to become part of the company.

"We talked about it a long time," Rose said. "I am very happy he accepted."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10198/1073468-66.stm#ixzz0tvmFvgxK

Chidi29
07-17-2010, 05:21 AM
"This is good for me," Bradshaw said during the announcement. "This makes me an entrepreneur. I can't spell it, but I am one."

lol

solardave
07-17-2010, 07:05 AM
Spot him the E and the R and see how he does.LOL

ALLD
07-17-2010, 07:14 AM
If he could get Franco and Swann onboard too they would sell a bunch of them everywhere except Ohio and Dallas.

sherlock
07-17-2010, 10:56 AM
lol

double lol!

SMR
07-17-2010, 04:58 PM
double lol!

Triple lol.