PDA

View Full Version : SI Offseason Breakdown: Pittsburgh Steelers

fansince'76
07-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Pittsburgh has long been one of the NFL’s steadiest and most reliable franchises. An offseason spent purging and restocking the roster will put that consistency to the test.

Two years removed from a Super Bowl loss to the Packers, the Steelers will be asking more of their young core of players than at any point in recent memory. That said, the Pittsburgh roster would still be the envy of a large number of teams in the league.

This season could go any number of ways for Pittsburgh, which lost a tiebreaker for the AFC North to Baltimore last season and then bowed out in the first round of the playoffs.

It’s always Super Bowl or bust in the Steel City, but will expectations have to change this year?

Read more: SI Offseason Breakdown: Pittsburgh Steelers (http://nfl.si.com/2012/07/04/offseason-breakdown-pittsburgh-steelers/?xid=si_nfl)

slippy
07-05-2012, 05:09 PM
sorry, that's a crap article. don't bother reading.

"salary cap-induced roster bloodletting" - how can anyone write such a phrase and put their name to it???

Edman
07-05-2012, 05:47 PM
And in other news, Joe Flacco is a top 5 QB,The Steelers will finish 3rd in the AFC North, and the Roethlisberger/Haley relationship will tear the team apart.

SteelGhost
07-06-2012, 08:10 PM
sorry, that's a crap article. don't bother reading.

"salary cap-induced roster bloodletting" - how can anyone write such a phrase and put their name to it???

In that particular phrase I stopped reading :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
07-06-2012, 08:20 PM
fansince'76

Two years removed from a Super Bowl loss to the Packers, the Steelers will be asking more of their young core of players than at any point in recent memory.

I have complete confidence in our young core of players.

Devilsdancefloor
07-06-2012, 08:42 PM
This guy has no clue when have the steelers EVER been big players in FA?

salamander
07-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Is it September yet? :pop2:

Dino 6 Rings
07-13-2012, 10:29 AM
"blah blah blah need hits to my website bash Steelers...blah blah...Baltimore Ravens good, Steelers bad...blah blah blah...Bengals...Blah Blah..."

same thing, every single off season.

suitanim
07-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Meh. I've read worse.

Dodt
07-13-2012, 05:31 PM
can't wait to read this same article next year.

steelreserve
07-14-2012, 02:25 AM
Pittsburgh has long been one of the NFL’s steadiest and most reliable franchises. An offseason spent purging and restocking the roster will put that consistency to the test.

That's the thing. The team has actually spent about the past 3 seasons restocking to get ready for this. The one big question is gonna be NT, but with the exception of Hoke and Hampton's injuries most of these moves were not forced, they were football decisions.

Of course there's always going to be some uncertainty, but I like this method a lot better than panic-mode moves like betting three first-rounders on RGIII, or trading half a draft to move up one spot for a running back.

GBMelBlount
07-14-2012, 09:31 AM
That's the thing. The team has actually spent about the past 3 seasons restocking to get ready for this. The one big question is gonna be NT, but with the exception of Hoke and Hampton's injuries most of these moves were not forced, they were football decisions.

Of course there's always going to be some uncertainty, but I like this method a lot better than panic-mode moves like betting three first-rounders on RGIII, or trading half a draft to move up one spot for a running back.

I tend to agree with this.

...and while I completely understand the concerns many have with all of the changes, I feel there are more opportunities for improvement over last year once the team gels.