PDA

View Full Version : Next Few Months Key For the Steelers Chris Carter

stillers4me
07-01-2012, 09:53 AM
As most of you probably know, the Steelers have arguably one of the best 3-4 Outside Linebacker rotations in the National Football League. James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley are established Pro Bowl players, and Jason Worilds is a solid backup behind both of the starters. While these three aforementioned players sit atop Pittsburgh’s depth chart, there is not a whole heck of a lot of experienced depth (3-4 scheme-wise) behind them. Chris Carter however is one player on the Steelers’ roster though that will be hungry to take hold of the other top backup spot at the Outside Linebacker position as he begins his second year in the League. So today I would like to discuss Carter’s career so far, and why his development over the next few months and the 2012 season are so important for him, the Outside Linebacker position, and the Defense as a whole......

read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/06/30/next-few-months-key-for-the-steelers-chris-carter-draft/

ALLD
07-01-2012, 01:16 PM
He really had some of the best hands in the NFL, but now he is very abrasive on the NFL Network. Wait, that's a different Chris Carter.

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-03-2012, 12:07 PM
I think Carter has the quickest first step of any of the OLB's on the roster. Another year of playing behind the starters and on special teams will serve him well. I think this is more important of a year for Worilds to prove his worth as a 2nd round pick and a higher salary player than Carter. Carter could be on the Andre Frazier development program, but I honestly like what I see of him as a pass rusher better than Worilds. Worilds plays the run better than Carter last year, so that is the area of improvement needed.

I'm good with our LB group and Brandon Johnson could be the guy that becomes Keyaron Fox veteran depth and versatility for the unit.