PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Release Undrafted Local Product Brandon Lindsey

Count Steeler
06-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Between his hometown connection to the Pittsburgh Steelers via the University of Pittsburgh and Aliquippa High School and the Steelers potential need for a developmental outside linebacker, Brandon Lindsey seemed like the perfect candidate to be an undrafted player who sticks with his first team. He was even on the "all-undrafted team" put together by Dan Pompei of the National Football Post.

Now, it looks like he will have to find another team—or at least wait another year—to get his shot. Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the Steelers released Lindsey today. The Steelers also signed linebacker Ryan Baker, but the team already had a roster spot open after releasing Troy Smith earlier this month.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1240134-steelers-release-undrafted-local-product-brandon-lindsey

lilyoder6
06-29-2012, 10:34 AM
i saw him get hurt at the revis football camp last week at alquippa.. sucks for him, thought he could be a darkhorse at tc

Steeldude
06-29-2012, 12:26 PM
This is not a surprise. Lindsay is very slow. Foote will be happy to know that he is back to being the slowest LB on the roster.

steelerdude15
06-29-2012, 01:29 PM
I wish him nothing, but the best of luck.

TMC
06-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Right now, it will be tough for anyone to crack into the linebacker corps. At outside linebacker, you have Woodley, Harrison, and Worilds that are not going anywhere. Chris Carter was a rookie last season and while he is shorter than ideal, he has all the raw athletic ability you look for in an OLB. Carter ran a sub 4.6 forty prior to the combine. He benched well enough and his explosion numbers are solid. Good bulk for his height, explosive first step, can turn the corner. As far as a guy with the natural tools, he has them. The OLBs brought in would have to simply be better football players and I don't see that in the college film.

On the inside, they have Foote, Timmons, Sly, and Spence. There is also Mortty Ivy, whom the coaches seem to like. Ivy does not have elite workout numbers, but he showed in some preseason games that he was not out of place at this level. Have to see how he does going forward, but he is a Foote type guy (it appears). At this point, I just do not see much competition from the other guys.

I just think it will be tough for any rookie to get in that mix, especially an undrafted guy with poor workout numbers.