PDA

View Full Version : Colbert: Steelers' offense is progressing

fansince'76
06-24-2012, 12:25 PM
By Scott Brown
Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Steelers are off until July 25, when players report to St. Vincent College in Latrobe for training camp. The Tribune-Review caught up with general manager Kevin Colbert at the end of offseason practices, and he weighed in on the new offense and the situation at left tackle.

• Tribune-Review: From what you observed during offseason practices, did players make good progress as far as picking up the new offense?

• Kevin Colbert: I’m not listening to what’s being said intimately after a play. There’s not a lot of physical errors I guess is the best way to say it: new offense, people learning about the offense and coaches learning about people, I think there will be some mistakes. I think that’s just part of the growing process. It’s way too early to tell, but visibly I didn’t see a lot of mistakes or corrections being made, no more than usual.

Read more: Colbert: Steelers' offense is progressing (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2007561-85/think-colbert-offense-tackle-team-steelers-trib-beachum-general-kelvin?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Stee lers+Stories%29)

tube517
06-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Writing is on the wall. Meddling GM. Haleys gone for sure. :chuckle:

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk 2

Psycho Ward 86
06-24-2012, 01:25 PM
what a flattering picture of Colbert lol

GBMelBlount
06-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Trib: Do you feel like this team can be a Super Bowl contender?

• KC: I have no idea. You don’t know what kind of team you’ve got until it starts to unfold because you don’t know the competition. We have one focus right now, and that’s to beat Denver. Beyond that, none of us know, and we won’t know until we get through it. Right now it’s let’s get ready for Denver.

I do.

We arguably have the most talented team in the NFL.

zulater
06-24-2012, 02:55 PM
I do.

We arguably have the most talented team in the NFL.

Agreed. We're at least in the discussion. It's a matter of health and luck how far we go this season.

Iron Steeler
06-24-2012, 03:14 PM
I love the afc north predictions.... 8-8 9-7 7-9 for the steelers is what I've seen from the tv and bloggers... But I love colberts answer to the question about the Super Bowl... We are focusing on beating Denver ...l

We will be fine

GBMelBlount
06-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Agreed. We're at least in the discussion. It's a matter of health and luck how far we go this season.

ABSOLUTELY.

You know I remember a thread going into last season where some professional sports writer (or network) rated / ranked the teams based on their impact players and a point system and they rated us number one with like 107 points and then Green Bay was a point or two behind us.

...and I honestly think we have more players poised to be take it to that level than what we lost in the off season.

zulater
06-24-2012, 04:19 PM
ABSOLUTELY.

You know I remember a thread going into last season where some professional sports writer (or network) rated / ranked the teams based on their impact players and a point system and they rated us number one with like 107 points and then Green Bay was a point or two behind us.

...and I honestly think we have more players poised to be take it to that level than what we lost in the off season.

That was Micheal Lombardi. He along with Gregg Cosell are my two must reads over at NFL.com

polamalubeast
06-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Three things they will be important for the Steelers in 2012

1.health
2.turnovers ratio(-13 in 2011,+17 in 2010)
3.Being hot at the right time

zulater
06-24-2012, 04:37 PM

1.health

Yes, yes, and yes.

ALLD
06-24-2012, 06:05 PM

1.health

4. Multiple bubble screens and handing the ball up the middle on first down.

GBMelBlount
06-24-2012, 07:01 PM

Yer killin me ALLD! :rofl2:

polamalubeast
06-24-2012, 07:04 PM
I have not much problem with the bubble screens if the WR on this play is Mike Wallace

SCSTILLER
06-24-2012, 07:39 PM

5. Sending Ward (now Cotchery) in motion to stop at the tackle, then run to that side. Ahh, my favorite play Arians!

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-25-2012, 09:57 AM
You guys will have to watch out for the "sprint draw". Chiefs fans seemed to gripe about that like many do the bubble screen around here. Theres always something.

fansince'76
06-25-2012, 10:32 AM
You guys will have to watch out for the "sprint draw". Chiefs fans seemed to gripe about that like many do the bubble screen around here. Theres always something.

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/pierce/800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

:chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-25-2012, 10:59 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/pierce/800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

:chuckle:
I love me a good flash mob gathering. I'll bring the pitchforks.

tube517
06-25-2012, 11:15 AM

Cowher loved that. Going back to 3 yds and a cloud of dust will certainly require some pitchfork sharpeners. :chuckle:

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk 2

SteelGhost
06-25-2012, 07:54 PM
5. Sending Ward (now Cotchery) in motion to stop at the tackle, then run to that side. Ahh, my favorite play Arians!

6. A backup QB who doesn't get hurt by holding a clipboard :lol: