PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor thinks of decisive play in wild-card loss “every day”

polamalubeast
06-23-2012, 12:20 PM
The last great play by Tim Tebow as a Bronco has had a lasting impression on the man who was victimized by it.

Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor, burned by Denver receiver Demaryius Thomas for an 80-yard touchdown catch-and-get-out-of-my-way-stiff-arm on the first snap of overtime in a wild-card playoff game, says that the memories of that moment still linger.

“I remember it every day,” Taylor tells Albert Buford of the New Orleans Times-Picayune. ”People remember you for things you do, and I don’t want to have that game be what people remember me for.”

Tayor returned to his home state of Louisiana on Friday to host his annual “Face Me Ike” youth football camp. In the camp’s ninth year, Taylor finally was able to persuade former Pittsburgh teammate Santonio Holmes to show up. Taylor also thinks current teammate Mike Wallace will show up for training camp.

“He’s going to be there,” Taylor said. ”They’ll get it done. When you talk about that kind of money, it’s not an overnight type of deal. By the end of the day, I think for sure he’s going to get that thing done. Both sides are working together, so that’s a good thing.”

read more

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/23/ike-taylor-thinks-of-decisive-play-in-wild-card-loss-every-day/

SteelerEmpire
07-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Just watched a replay of the Steelers vs. Broncos game on NFL Network... this teams offensive line are such a bunch of sorry losers it's pathetic. The Broncos were getting to Ben with just a 3 man rush all day.

Oh yea. And Ike Taylor gave up "over" 200 yds, by himself, to Tebow. Almost forgot.

fansince'76
07-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Just watched a replay of the Steelers vs. Broncos game on NFL Network... this teams offensive line are such a bunch of sorry losers it's pathetic. The Broncos were getting to Ben with just a 3 man rush all day.

Praying that DeCastro and Adams both work out, Gilbert's "motivation issues" are behind him and Colon and Pouncey (not to mention the OL as a whole) stay healthy for a change... :pray:

On a side note, the success this team has had over the last 6 seasons despite how consistently and horrifically bad this OL has been over the same time frame never ceases to amaze me.

SteelerEmpire
07-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Praying that DeCastro and Adams both work out, Gilbert's "motivation issues" are behind him and Colon and Pouncey (not to mention the OL as a whole) stay healthy for a change... :pray:

I got confidence in Haley. If there's anyone who can FINALLY fix this issue with this team it has 'got' to be him. I almost got physically ill after I watched this 0-line again in that denver game... they just looked that bad...

GBMelBlount
07-08-2012, 01:57 PM

On a side note, the success this team has had over the last 6 seasons despite how consistently and horrifically bad this OL has been over the same time frame never ceases to amaze me.

I know lack of motivation was a knock on Gilbert coming out of college but was this ever brought up as an issue since he has been with the Steelers?

The Duke
07-08-2012, 02:00 PM
I got confidence in Haley. If there's anyone who can FINALLY fix this issue with this team it has 'got' to be him. I almost got physically ill after I watched this 0-line again in that denver game... they just looked that bad...

watching Starks in that game was utterly painful. Just as much as the 49ers game, maybe worse since it was the playoffs

fansince'76
07-08-2012, 02:18 PM
I know lack of motivation was a knock on Gilbert coming out of college but was this ever brought up as an issue since he has been with the Steelers?

Not in so many words, but I'm assuming motivation was a factor in his benching last season:

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin had several personnel decisions to make based on injury issues.

He made a big one that hinged on attitude.

Rookie right tackle Marcus Gilbert was benched and replaced by Jonathan Scott in Saturday's 27-0 victory over the St. Louis Rams at Heinz Field.

Tomlin minced no words when asked why Gilbert wasn't in the lineup.

"He was less than professional in his preparation this week," Tomlin said.

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/556556/Steelers-notebook--Tomlin-benches-Gilbert-after-bad-week-of-practice.html?nav=751

Count Steeler
07-08-2012, 02:20 PM

I remember a story of Pouncey having a "talk" with him early in training camp last year. It was reported that the team relied heavily on Pouncey's recommendation to even draft Gilbert, and Gilbert's attitude was less than stellar at the beginning of camp. So Pouncey "adjusted" it.

GBMelBlount
07-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Not in so many words, but I'm assuming motivation was a factor in his benching last season:

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/556556/Steelers-notebook--Tomlin-benches-Gilbert-after-bad-week-of-practice.html?nav=751

THAT is the one thing I simply cannot stomach....apathy.

Gilbert is a pretty good size though. In fact both he and Adams are fairly big.

Adams - 6' 7" 323
Colon 6' 3" 315
Pouncey 6' 4" 305
DeCastro 6' 5" 310
Gilbert 6' 6" 330

The combine average was about 6' 4" and 310 lbs. for all linemen I believe.

Dinfire
07-08-2012, 03:42 PM
It wasn't letting Thomas catch the ball that drives me crazy, it's that Ike didn't realize that all he had to do was tackle him before he scored and the Steelers would have still had a chance. That play was a flash in the pan in that game, but he was too worried about tackling him immediately instead of just tackling him before he scored a TD.

Count Steeler
07-08-2012, 06:06 PM
THAT is the one thing I simply cannot stomach....apathy.

Gilbert is a pretty good size though. In fact both he and Adams are fairly big.

Adams - 6' 7" 323
Colon 6' 3" 315
Pouncey 6' 4" 305
DeCastro 6' 5" 310
Gilbert 6' 6" 330

The combine average was about 6' 4" and 310 lbs. for all linemen I believe.

Definitely some beef there, but some of those pictures of Pouncey from the OTAs would suggest he is around the 290 mark. He looked slim and trim.

GBMelBlount
07-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Definitely some beef there, but some of those pictures of Pouncey from the OTAs would suggest he is around the 290 mark. He looked slim and trim.

I think I saw him on the depth chart for outside linebacker. :chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
07-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Its actually good that Ike got a little humbled, sucks that it happened in a playoff game, but the kid was getting to big for his britches lately.

I look forward to our defense ending Payton's career opening day this year in our Revenge Game.