PDA

View Full Version : Steelers didn't celebrate after Suggs' injury

polamalubeast
06-21-2012, 02:02 PM
No rivalry is more heated these days than the Baltimore Ravens and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The way these two teams hit each other, it looks like it goes beyond tackling. It seems like they try to hurt one another.

But these teams apparently aren't happy when a player goes down with an injury away from the field. Well, that's Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert's story when asked about the team's reaction to Terrell Suggs going down with an Achilles injury and he's sticking to it.

read more

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/50088/steelers-didnt-celebrate-after-suggs-injury?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

fansince'76
06-21-2012, 02:12 PM
But these teams apparently aren't happy when a player goes down with an injury away from the field. Well, that's Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert's story when asked about the team's reaction to Terrell Suggs going down with an Achilles injury and he's sticking to it.

You'd think that for as much nuthugging of the Ravens that this jackass does, he would have some inkling of the notion that the NFL is a fraternity and that Colbert expressing sorrow for Suggs' injury is genuine and not phony lip service like he's insinuating. :coffee:

stillers4me
06-21-2012, 02:25 PM
The Ravens only celebrated the bounties on Hines and Mendenhall. :coffee:

stillers4me
06-21-2012, 02:25 PM
And Ben's broken nose.

polamalubeast
06-21-2012, 02:34 PM
And Ben's broken nose.

John Harbaugh: I’m glad Ravens broke Ben Roethlisberger’s nose

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/10/john-harbaugh-im-glad-ravens-broke-ben-roethlisbergers-nose/

And if the Ravens take Roethlisberger down too hard, Harbaugh is OK with that

st33lersguy
06-21-2012, 02:59 PM
John Harbaugh: I’m glad Ravens broke Ben Roethlisberger’s nose

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/10/john-harbaugh-im-glad-ravens-broke-ben-roethlisbergers-nose/

Just goes to show you that the Steelers are a much classier organization than the Ratbirds

Austin87
06-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Just goes to show you that the Steelers are a much classier organization than the Ratbirds

QFT

86WARD
06-21-2012, 04:50 PM
I did. He's a Steelers Killer...I'm not going to miss him one bit.

fansince'76
06-21-2012, 04:56 PM

That's what happens when you're forced to try to block him with a turnstile like Scott. Suggs could probably still beat him like a rented mule even with the bum Achilles.

GBMelBlount
06-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Football is a violent sport.

If someone wants to be classy and take the high road that is great but there is nothing wrong with trash talking and a degree of hatred towards an opponent imo.

BigNastyDefense
06-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Why would they? Celebrating another player's injury is in poor taste and the Steelers are not coached or run like that.

Not to mention they want to beat a full strength Ravens team so nobody has any excuses other than the Steelers are the better team.

Edman
06-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Terrell Suggs did something when lined up across Scott (Then again, everyone does). But when put up against Starks, he did nothing.

I don't care if Suggs plays or not. The Steelers have beaten Baltimore with him in the lineup.

Not to mention they want to beat a full strength Ravens team so nobody has any excuses other than the Steelers are the better team.

The Ravens will always make excuses regardless.

SteelGhost
06-21-2012, 07:56 PM

A million light years away bro :lol:

Devilsdancefloor
06-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Terrell Suggs did something when lined up across Scott (Then again, everyone does). But when put up against Starks, he did nothing.

I don't care if Suggs plays or not. The Steelers have beaten Baltimore with him in the lineup.

The Ravens will always make excuses regardless.

QFT harballess will complain no matter what

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-22-2012, 09:59 AM

I thought it was a bit of Karma. Never want to see a guy's career cut short, but if you have some respect for your fellow players and dont need to talk junk all the time, then it may not come back on you.

SCSTILLER
06-22-2012, 06:42 PM
I thought it was a bit of Karma. Never want to see a guy's career cut short, but if you have some respect for your fellow players and dont need to talk junk all the time, then it may not come back on you.

Karma is a bitch, and it served Mushmouth a plateful. Suggs is a great player, but he would be a great character if he would JSTFU! When he said he "owned" Ben, that was just idiotic because yes, you sacked Ben more than anyone else I beleive, but how many times has Ben beat your ass in big games and prevented your dumbass from going to the super bowl. Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery to 50% for ya! :drink:

SteelGhost
06-22-2012, 06:48 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AURT-qx6lII/TS47bAAaqjI/AAAAAAAACc8/YfEWj0GLrRA/s640/Terrell-suggs-Baltimore-Ravens-Football-2011-NFL+%25282%2529.jpg

Jelous much ? :chuckle:

I admit I don't like this player, BUT it's sad to see he injured his achilles.

SCSTILLER
06-22-2012, 06:59 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AURT-qx6lII/TS47bAAaqjI/AAAAAAAACc8/YfEWj0GLrRA/s640/Terrell-suggs-Baltimore-Ravens-Football-2011-NFL+%25282%2529.jpg

Jelous much ? :chuckle:

I admit I don't like this player, BUT it's sad to see he injured his achilles.

Shouldn't it read "You bet your sweet ass I hate losing to the Steelers in big games"

or

"You bet your sweet ass I hate seeing the Steelers in the Super Bowl"

Count Steeler
06-22-2012, 07:03 PM
C'mon, we all know how much Suggs would love to be in the Black and Gold fold. He'll never beat us, so he might as well join us.

BigNastyDefense
06-23-2012, 08:18 AM
C'mon, we all know how much Suggs would love to be in the Black and Gold fold. He'll never beat us, so he might as well join us.

I wouldn't want him on this team. He's a perfect fit for the Ravens. All they have is popcorn muscles. They talk the talk, but they can't walk the walk. When they play in another Super Bowl, maybe they can talk a LITTLE bit. If they were to win it, maybe that would mean they could flex those popcorn muscles some.

I mean hell, last season you would have thought they won two Super Bowl the way they celebrated their two regular season wins against the Steelers, dumping Gatorade on their douchbag head coach.

CPanther95
07-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Suggs said "We don't need God on our sidelines" to win football games - when discussing Tebow.

Maybe God decided to make the heathens prove how well they'll do with Suggs on the sidelines in place of God.