PDA

View Full Version : 'Top 100 players of 2012': Troy Polamalu

polamalubeast
06-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Steelers S Troy Polamalu ranks as the 19th-best player of 2012 as voted on by his peers.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d829fd011/Top-100-players-of-2012-Troy-Polamalu?module=HP11_content_stream

salamander
06-20-2012, 07:45 PM
God I love Troy.

st33lersguy
06-20-2012, 08:04 PM
If someone can name 10 players that are better than Troy, the person is either on drugs or has a bias against the safety. This list is officially a joke and I am convinced the ballot was composed of primarily Ravens, Bengals, and Browns players and a few players on drugs. Troy Polamalu is a top 5 NFL player, the best safety, and no other player can do what he does on a weekly basis. Did anyone else see the video and think "How the hell is he not in the top 5"?

Pristas
06-20-2012, 09:51 PM
How on earth did they not show him jumping over the line for the sack, the strip of Flacco or the tackle deep in the backfield on Chris Johnson who was supposed to run all over us? So many missed highlights... maybe they are saving it for a special Troy Polamalu Movie for the NFL Network. Available on DVD and BluRay for $39.99 in 2018.

And why are the only two guys reviewing him a nobody WR from the Ratbirds and a "mediocre at best" QB? Seriously? It were as if everyone just said, "oh, not another Steeler". Just put him at 19 so the rest of the league doesn't get too upset. And interview guys who are washed up.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-21-2012, 09:04 AM
The inferiority complex on this board is funny. Troy had a down year from last year and that is why he was ranked 19 compared to 6 from last year.

I cant remember, but I am sure there were posters last year that thought him being #6 was too low and they had their NFL conspiracy theories about the Steelers being disrespected.:lol:

Pristas
06-21-2012, 09:43 AM
The inferiority complex on this board is funny. Troy had a down year from last year and that is why he was ranked 19 compared to 6 from last year.

I cant remember, but I am sure there were posters last year that thought him being #6 was too low and they had their NFL conspiracy theories about the Steelers being disrespected.:lol:

I'd agree that 19 is a fine place for him, I just thought the interview and footage were lame. There were better highlights.

tube517
06-21-2012, 11:09 AM
I pay no attention to these types of rankings. Next.

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk 2

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-21-2012, 04:20 PM
I'd agree that 19 is a fine place for him, I just thought the interview and footage were lame. There were better highlights.

Yeah, they could have had better hilights, but I thought they were going from just the past year and not a career complation. I thought the interviews were fine.........remember, its Troy and not Joey Porter they profiled. The guy plays, prays and is quiet most of the game.

Kirk Morrison was talking about Ray Lewis, so its not like its just the Steelers players that got underpresented. Remember, Its NFL Network, not a Michael Bay film.

fansince'76
06-21-2012, 04:25 PM

This.

SteelGhost
06-21-2012, 08:00 PM

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk 2

Ding ding ding

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-22-2012, 09:57 AM
This.
Really? in a game that is sports entertainment and the players rank who they thing is the best....I find it interesting. If it was some sports commentators, then it would mean less, but its peers voting on which of their peers are the best.

Again, its not a perfect list, but I find it interesting of where the rankings are, but dont take it as seriously as the haters do.

SteelMember
06-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Really? in a game that is sports entertainment and the players rank who they thing is the best....I find it interesting. If it was some sports commentators, then it would mean less, but its peers voting on which of their peers are the best.

Again, its not a perfect list, but I find it interesting of where the rankings are, but dont take it as seriously as the haters do.

I have a difficult time believing that these lists are actually generated from "the players" themselves. I've seen plenty of interviews asking players who "they" voted for, and the answer was "what vote".

If they really are asking players, it must be guys that never see the field who have the time to fill out a ballot of 100 players... I think if they were seroiusly asked to compile an actual list, they might be able to get a consensus on about 20-30 guys.

Tim Tebow's on this... An average of the 3 best players on a team gets you to 96. :huh: :noidea: