PDA

View Full Version : Bulger is no longer a Steelers fan

LLT
07-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Bulger is no longer a Steelers fan
Jamison Hensley
July 16, 2010

A native of Pittsburgh, new Ravens backup quarterback Marc Bulger said he "got born into being a Steelers fan."

But Bulger cut his ties to the Ravens' AFC North rival a long time ago.

"Once I went away to college [West Virginia], and then especially once I wasn’t drafted there and I got to play against them, my loyalty to the Steelers was gone out the window," Bulger said. "So, I’m a Raven here, and I’m going to get a lot of grief in my head rolling to Pittsburgh here and there – and I already have started to get that – but I’m a big boy. It doesn’t bother me anymore.”

Before heading to West Virginia University, Bulger attended Pittsburgh's Central Catholic High School, which also produced Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino.

Playing his childhood team hasn't been a detriment in the past. In two career games against the Steelers, Bulger has recorded a quarterback rating of 89.1, throwing four touchdowns and two interceptions.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/07/bulger_is_no_longer_a_steelers_fan.html

Kittyfish
07-16-2010, 08:14 AM
What a surprise - a player for one of the Steelers biggest rivals is no longer their fan. How will we go on without his support? Snerk.

This is news?

SteelGhost
07-16-2010, 09:37 AM
So ? :noidea: Anyway MB will be warming the Ratbirds' bench :chuckle:

This has been a looooooong offseason :coffee:

venom
07-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Losing him as a fan is like taking a grain of sand away from the beach http://www.myemoticons.com/info/styles/adult/images/dickhead.gif

LLT
07-16-2010, 10:11 AM
What a surprise - a player for one of the Steelers biggest rivals is no longer their fan. How will we go on without his support? Snerk.

This is news?

LOL!!! In further news.....Keith Rivers no longer likes Hines Ward.

MasterOfPuppets
07-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Losing him as a fan is like taking a grain of sand away from the beach http://www.myemoticons.com/info/styles/adult/images/dickhead.gif

are funny penis smilies legal ? http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-tviv.gif i've got a bunch of those !!!

BPS3akaWirels3
07-16-2010, 01:09 PM
I just farted..

Devilsdancefloor
07-16-2010, 03:26 PM
It is like every raven . the steelers are already in his head.

BlastFurnace
07-16-2010, 03:57 PM
He was never really a fan to begin with. Once you're a fan of a team, that never really goes away.

solardave
07-16-2010, 04:03 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. Oh yeah nice GIF too. That sums it up.

ALLD
07-16-2010, 04:19 PM
The only reason he would lose his love for the Steelers is because they didn't draft or trade for him. He is probably not good enough for either. At least he didn't go to Dallas even though they need a QB.

Galax Steeler
07-17-2010, 04:45 AM
All I can say is he better stay on the bench when he plays us or he will hate us even more.

Canadian Steeler Nation
07-17-2010, 06:03 AM
Im suprised he can still remember who he used to be a fan of.

HometownGal
07-17-2010, 07:42 AM
Boo frickity HOO. Dear God - we shall all jump from the Westinghouse Bridge now. :jerkit:

BPS3akaWirels3
07-17-2010, 08:50 AM
I still have gas...

steel striker
07-17-2010, 12:24 PM
No surprise there and, now that he a rat bird he is doomed.

urgle burgle
07-17-2010, 12:33 PM
i have a cat. sometimes it drinks milk. i also once, banged my right knee on a rock.

SMR
07-17-2010, 03:37 PM
i have a cat. sometimes it drinks milk. i also once, banged my right knee on a rock.

That....is so fascinating. Please do tell us more.

st33lersguy
07-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Wow, breaking news an NFL player is not a fan of a team he doesn't play for, and for more breaking news, the Murderer isn't a steeler fan either

SMR
07-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Wow, breaking news an NFL player is not a fan of a team he doesn't play for, and for more breaking news, the Murderer isn't a steeler fan either

That sure is breaking news! Thanks for the share man.

TatarMongol
07-18-2010, 10:18 PM
LOL. BTW, on a serious side, I've been meaning 2 ask this question 4 a long time. Did U guys ever wonder if your own son, or younger brother got drafted by another team, say Cowboys, Browns, or even Patriots & played against us once or twice a year. What would your brain B telling? Honest answer?!!!

The Duke
07-18-2010, 10:45 PM
LOL. BTW, on a serious side, I've been meaning 2 ask this question 4 a long time. Did U guys ever wonder if your own son, or younger brother got drafted by another team, say Cowboys, Browns, or even Patriots & played against us once or twice a year. What would your brain B telling? Honest answer?!!!

Well, maybe it's because I don't have a kid, but HONESTLY I'd say " I wish you all the luck in the world, but don't expect me to ever root for your team, even if they are playing the browns". In his heart he'd always be a steeler too

Maybe I wouldn't be a good father....

steelerdude15
07-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Who cares right?

fansince'76
07-19-2010, 12:48 AM

Cool! I woke up this morning and had to take a whiz. So I did. :chuckle:

Kittyfish
07-19-2010, 08:34 AM
LOL. BTW, on a serious side, I've been meaning 2 ask this question 4 a long time. Did U guys ever wonder if your own son, or younger brother got drafted by another team, say Cowboys, Browns, or even Patriots & played against us once or twice a year. What would your brain B telling? Honest answer?!!! I saw on some NFL special where exactly this scenario happened - by God, I can see the guy's face but can't remember his name, though I'd recognize it if I saw it - nice looking fellow with an unusual name, I think beginning with a B - Banacheck? Something like that? Anyway, his father was a big Browns fan or something and just hated the Steelers - actually hung up on his son when he was told where the son was going to play. Pretty soon his dad realized he'd have to become a Steelers fan if he wanted to see his son play and he came around. Perhaps one of you saw the same special and can describe it better.

Archie Manning said it was no contest who he'd be rooting for last Superbowl - he'd be rooting for his son to win over his own former team. And I would have been amazed had he said or thought anything different, even for a moment. Of course you root for your child. Or at least that's this mother's opinion.

Personally, I'd be tha-rilled if my son found any legitimate profession at all where he'd be able to support himself - which at this point doesn't seem too promising - but then he's only 14. I'm sure other parents with kids this age can relate.

steelpride12
07-19-2010, 08:44 AM
He was never a true fan, true Steelers fans stay that way for life. Oh well.

Indo
07-19-2010, 09:20 AM
:jerkit:

Mr. Hensley must be having a slow month to actually believe that this is news worth reporting

And, I agree---if going to WVU makes you forget your Steelers loyalty you were NEVER a real Steelers fan to begin with

cakmakli
07-19-2010, 09:30 AM
All I can say is he better stay on the bench when he plays us or he will hate us even more.

You got that right.

Psycho Ward 86
07-19-2010, 11:57 AM

Thomas and Julius Jones?

BigNastyDefense
07-19-2010, 12:26 PM
I can understand it though. Once you get drafted into the NFL, you really do have to put those loyalties aside if you don't end up on the team you love because eventually, you are going to play that football team.

I don't quite understand how he lost his love of the Steeler while going to WVU, a lot of people in that area are Steelers fans. They hate the U of Pitt, but love the Steelers.

But now he's a Ratbird so his opinion matters even less now than it did when he was the St. Louis Rams IR Captain.

TatarMongol
07-20-2010, 04:07 AM
As 4 this Burglar guy, LOL, I think he's a joke. Do U guys remember that Chiefs coach who openly said how much of a Steelers fan he was, but he had 2 leave it behind on a game day because that was his job 2 play against the Steelers & win? Very classy, I thought.

Well, maybe it's because I don't have a kid, but HONESTLY I'd say " I wish you all the luck in the world, but don't expect me to ever root for your team, even if they are playing the browns". In his heart he'd always be a steeler too

Maybe I wouldn't be a good father....

I saw on some NFL special where exactly this scenario happened - by God, I can see the guy's face but can't remember his name, though I'd recognize it if I saw it - nice looking fellow with an unusual name, I think beginning with a B - Banacheck? Something like that? Anyway, his father was a big Browns fan or something and just hated the Steelers - actually hung up on his son when he was told where the son was going to play. Pretty soon his dad realized he'd have to become a Steelers fan if he wanted to see his son play and he came around. Perhaps one of you saw the same special and can describe it better.

Archie Manning said it was no contest who he'd be rooting for last Superbowl - he'd be rooting for his son to win over his own former team. And I would have been amazed had he said or thought anything different, even for a moment. Of course you root for your child. Or at least that's this mother's opinion.

Personally, I'd be tha-rilled if my son found any legitimate profession at all where he'd be able to support himself - which at this point doesn't seem too promising - but then he's only 14. I'm sure other parents with kids this age can relate.

Thank U. Reason that I asked is that I have a 5 year old son who is just pretty much the joy of my life. I have daughters & God bless em, but this boy just makes me smile EVERYTIME I look at him. Even he isn't doing anything, I just like looking at this little man (Thank U, God!!!) & watch him how interacts with his siblings & mom. Maybe it has 2 do something with how Asian families likes 2 have a son that could carry family name & blah blah. ;) My son is very shy & more quiet kinda kid, not tough looking & athlete like. But I was wondering if I'd have enough heart 2 cheer 4 him if he ever becomes a football player who plays 4 some team that plays against the Steelers.

Kittyfish
07-20-2010, 07:44 AM
But I was wondering if I'd have enough heart 2 cheer 4 him if he ever becomes a football player who plays 4 some team that plays against the Steelers. I'm sure you would. I admit I'm not a lifelong Steelers fan, and it's not so ingrained in me as in some others here -but if my son turned into a football player and was drafted by the Patriots, Cowboys, Ravens etc, there would be a Kittyfish-shaped cloud of dust hanging in the air here as I switched my alliegences my son's team so fast it would make your head spin. Maybe that makes me a bad fan, but IMO you always choose your child over a hobby, which is what sports-fandom basically is. I'm sure you'll be proud of your son whatever he ends up doing.

Come back and tell me how he's doing at 14 and if you're smiling every time you look at him then! They can be pretty frustrating at times. ;-D

venom
07-20-2010, 09:14 PM
On a side note :

Ravens Pro Bowl safety Ed Reed in an interview on 105.7 FM today said Troy Smith would be more qualified to be Joe Flacco's top backup than the recently acquired Marc Bulger according to the Baltimore Sun.
Bulger is “just another guy that’s been in the league and been around," Reed said, adding that recently acquired defensive back Ken Hamlin "adds depth to the secondary."
With Smith moving further down the depth chart, there have been rumors about him going to another team. Meanwhile, this is the second Raven to question the acquisition of Bulger. Yesterday, Joe Flacco questioned what Bulger's acquisition would do to the quarterback's chemistry.

TatarMongol
07-21-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm sure you would. I admit I'm not a lifelong Steelers fan, and it's not so ingrained in me as in some others here -but if my son turned into a football player and was drafted by the Patriots, Cowboys, Ravens etc, there would be a Kittyfish-shaped cloud of dust hanging in the air here as I switched my alliegences my son's team so fast it would make your head spin. Maybe that makes me a bad fan, but IMO you always choose your child over a hobby, which is what sports-fandom basically is. I'm sure you'll be proud of your son whatever he ends up doing.

Come back and tell me how he's doing at 14 and if you're smiling every time you look at him then! They can be pretty frustrating at times. ;-D

Sure I will. =)