PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw thinks NFL doesn’t truly care about former players

polamalubeast
06-14-2012, 12:18 PM
The ongoing debate regarding whether current or former NFL players would let their sons play football continues.

This time, the comments come from a high-profile Hall of Famer with one small caveat: He doesn’t have a son.

“If I had a son today . . . I would not let him play football,” Terry Bradshaw told Jay Leno on The Tonight Show (via SportsBusiness Daily).

Bradshaw, who said he suffered six serious concussions in which he was “knocked out,” added something less inherently hypothetical: ”There will be a time in the next decade where we will not see football as it is.” He explained that the contact sports will “slowly phase away,” while soccer (which involve plenty of contact between ball and head — causing plenty of concussions, especially for girls), baseball, and basketball will grow.

read more

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/14/bradshaw-doesnt-think-nfl-truly-cares-about-former-players/

fansince'76
06-14-2012, 12:38 PM
“I have to be careful here because I work for Fox and NFL Network,” Bradshaw said, “but I don’t think they care. They’re forced to care now because it’s politically correct to care. Lawsuits make you care. I think the P.R. makes you care."

Time until Bradshaw loses his studio gig on Fox in 5,4,3,2,1...

SMR
06-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Bradshaw tellin' it like it is! Good for him!!!